• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taz Maverick

Inactive
Years
  • Haha,let me laugh.Why did you said i'm a noob?Noob to hacking?You have nothing else to say i guess.And if you say "show your mapping skillz",he actually has a big idea about himself.

ageangel= nice route,but too plain,add a flower.
    rating: 7/10

DarthWaffles

IS A FIRIN' HIS LAZAR
    Years
  • Wow....just wow. I may have never ever posted on the MRT, but seriously, this is fail.

'Arguing on the internet is like going in the paralympics. Whether you win or lose, your still retarded."
    -Friend (He means no offense to people that actually enter the paralympics, nor do I)

Now to actually rate.

ageangel - Pretty good, just a little bit too bland. 8/10

Ray Maverick - ..Its also a bit too simple. Maybe a few more trees? And that pond next to the building looks really out of place.

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
    Years
  • I finished the map of the 2. town in my hack (still don't have a name T_T) here is it ;D

Map Name: -
    Map Game: Fire Red
    Credits:
    -Alistair
    -Xiros
    -Zel!x

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
  • I finished the map of the 2. town in my hack (still don't have a name T_T) here is it ;D

Credits:
    -Alistair
    -Xiros
    -Zel!x

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Looks cool to me. I like the different levels and connections (I also love the tiles+pallettes). However, the houses look a little squashed and I think the path at the top is a little too wide. 8.5/10

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I finished the map of the 2. town in my hack (still don't have a name T_T) here is it ;D

Credits:
    -Alistair
    -Xiros
    -Zel!x

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

The tiles are very good,but i think the trees are not so ood for this map. :\

8,57/10

atanil

O estel Calad tôl
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    Map Name: New Bark Town and Route 29
    Comments: These are my first maps. Credits to Wesley FG for tiles.
    Mapshot: In attachment

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • Rated

Map Name: New Bark Town and Route 29
    Comments: These are my first maps. Credits to Wesley FG for tiles.
    Mapshot: In attachment
    i like them but for the first map,i don quite like the path colour you used..its too dark..
    i rate it 7/10
    For the second map i rate it 8/10...

Some own would rate it?

I think it's not realy a good map. but im using this own in my hack thats one of the reasons that i wanted people to rate him too see of there are any tiles errors.
    My eyes are not too sharp to spot tile errors but so far i see none..
    and i actually like the map..
    i rate it 9/10

Last edited:
    Years

Credits:
    -Alistair
    -Xiros
    -Zel!x

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    Man i got to say this is one of the best maps i have ever seen, i love the path, river, mountain shape, it look's very good.
    The tree placement is just amazing!! (:
    I give this map a 9.5.:)

But i think you should cut down on the flowers, i just think there is too much of em.
    Anyway keep making them awesome maps!:D

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Here is the second version of the map.I think its better.This is definely for Trebuh.I finally learnt the way he is mapping and placing tress. :P

Spoiler:

I call this...umm....what about Clearence town?Please rate it trebuh,i want to see if you like it.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • Here is the second version of the map.I think its better.This is definely for Trebuh.I finally learnt the way he is mapping and placing tress. :P

Spoiler:

I call this...umm....what about Clearence town?Please rate it trebuh,i want to see if you like it.

ill rate this ray! well the paths arent bad and the tree placement is good. in the top right corner you have a little bit of empty space. and the mountain tiles suck (no offense). and you got a tile error for the mountain in the top left house. other than that its pretty good. Ill give it a 7.5.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    Map Town

ok, after hours and hours of me not doing anything, i decided i was bored
    MAP TOWN
    Fire Red
    Done In Two Different Ways

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    @Ray Overall: 8/10

Ok, why has someone dragged a stick around the outside of the town? The line of dirt looks rather odd... have no idea what it is meant to be to be honest.

Also the exit to the map at the top has two sides, which might cause practicality problems as it would have to connect to two maps, and I think the path up from the town should be the same sandy-colour as the rest rather than mud brown.

CollinP I would love to rate yours too but for some reason my computer isn't letting me open thumbnails at the moment.

((And whats with people giving 6.2 etc. ratings! Exactly what is the difference between 6 and 6.2 << ))

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • Map Name: No Name

Map Game: Ruby

Comments: I decided to practice mapping naturally, i don't really know how it went though...Just made it one day when i wuz bored

Mapshot:
    (See attatchments)

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • *reports everyone in that fight*
    Let it go. This is not the place.

@Ray Maverick:
    It looks better with the trees :) However, there's a huge, gaping hole in the northeastern corner of the map that could use some filling. Meh, the entire map is lacking something. Not quite sure what that is though. You'll have to figure it out on your own. Also, I'm not really sure what the point of those ledge/mountain tiles is but I'm not very fond of them.

Now, let's all get along and get back to what this thread is for, okay? Okay :)

Years
  • Map name: Oko village
    Game: fire red
    comments: This is from my hack pokemon evolution: Evil unleashed. I know its bad but its not finnal. I just need to know what to change
    Map picture:SEE attachments

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • @ Todoroki...A Simple Starter town...Though the Mailbox is in the Middle of the Field...I find that...Out of place...
    Rating~9/10
    Theres no problem with it that I see...So...Nothing...:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back