• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'm so glad Sableye got a Mega <3 It would've sucked if it got the short end of the stick and didn't receive one while its counterpart had one ;; Looking forward to seeing what its Ability is; I'm hoping it's Prankster. Given the fact it's hiding behind a giant ruby, I can definitely see it being defensive and/or supportive.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Oh I love the Mega Sableye!

There should be a Mega Walrein and a Mega Camerupt too! I mean, fit in to Maxie and Archie :D

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Mega Sableye! Mega Sableye! Mega Sableye!

Ok that came out of nowhere but I'm so happy to see Sableye receive a Mega Evolution. :]

Years
  • To add onto what I said previously, this is what's said about Mega Sableye according to Serebii:

It is said that Mega Sableye uses the jewel as a powerful defensive tool in battle. From behind the shelter of the jewel, it can readily exploit the opponent's weaknesses and take advantage of any openings. It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!

Seems like there'll be no doubt that it'll be defensive. They might give it the same boosts in the same stats as they did with Mega Mawile, giving it a 50/95/115/65/105/50 spread. Can't see the Speed going up if they give it Prankster. Also, because of what's been said about the jewel, I could also see it having its own unique Ability that reduces damage or something o:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • So Mega Sableye is real? I heard about it on the Twitch chat...I thought they were trolling like usual...
    It looks cool, wonder why it has only rubies...maybe it's shiny will have sapphires?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Woo-hoo, Mega Sableye confirmed! :t302: Managed to see the news within a minute of it being posted on the official English Pokemon Facebook account; my intrinsic link with Hoenn resonates strongly! ^^ (and considering the amount of time I have been roaming that region of Hoenn, I'm glad something good came out of it in terms of Hoenn news.. XD)

Even though there's not really a "HNNG COUNTERPARTS MUST BE EQUAL" rule, I'm really glad that this occurrence fixed the asymmetry that came with Mega Mawile's solo debut in Pokemon X and Y. The main things I dislike are that :
    -Mega Sableye strangely emphasizes rubies in its design, despite being a version-exclusive Pokemon that hails from Pokemon Sapphire Version and also having a sapphire or two embedded in its back. Well, rubies are apparently a type of sapphire (yeah, suck it, Groudon!), so I guess it kind of counts; I would've preferred if Mega Sableye had a ruby and sapphire of medium/moderate size rather than the oversize ruby that it wields.
    -I liked how Sableye incorporated rubies, sapphires, and diamonds (Generation 4 foreshadowing wutwutwut?) in its design; it sucks that the "diamonds for eyes" get outright replaced by rubies... I mean, rubies are cool and all, but we don't need to be "OMG RUBIEZ" about them... >_>
    -Mega Sableye kind of seems a bit basic/small compared to the much more grandiose Mega Mawile...

I'm so glad Sableye got a Mega <3 It would've sucked if it got the short end of the stick and didn't receive one while its counterpart had one ;; Looking forward to seeing what its Ability is; I'm hoping it's Prankster. Given the fact it's hiding behind a giant ruby, I can definitely see it being defensive and/or supportive.

The Ability Prankster would be amazing (and would reduce the need to breed for it as a Hidden Ability)!

Oh I love the Mega Sableye!

There should be a Mega Walrein and a Mega Camerupt too! I mean, fit in to Maxie and Archie :D

Gosh, I'm not too enthused about a potential Mega Walrein... XD That thing gives me enough trouble in Hoenn's Battle Frontier by practically always necessitating a 2HKO (two-hit knockout) at the bare minimum for it to faint, in addition to packing heat cold with the devastating Sheer Cold attack. ;-;

Years
  • Woo-hoo, Mega Sableye confirmed! :t302: Managed to see the news within a minute of it being posted on the official English Pokemon Facebook account; my intrinsic link with Hoenn resonates strongly! ^^ (and considering the amount of time I have been roaming that region of Hoenn, I'm glad something good came out of it in terms of Hoenn news.. XD)

Even though there's not really a "HNNG COUNTERPARTS MUST BE EQUAL" rule, I'm really glad that this occurrence fixed the asymmetry that came with Mega Mawile's solo debut in Pokemon X and Y. The main things I dislike are that :
    -Mega Sableye strangely emphasizes rubies in its design, despite being a version-exclusive Pokemon that hails from Pokemon Sapphire Version and also having a sapphire or two embedded in its back. Well, rubies are apparently a type of sapphire (yeah, suck it, Groudon!), so I guess it kind of counts; I would've preferred if Mega Sableye had a ruby and sapphire of medium/moderate size rather than the oversize ruby that it wields.
    -I liked how Sableye incorporated rubies, sapphires, and diamonds (Generation 4 foreshadowing wutwutwut?) in its design; it sucks that the "diamonds for eyes" get outright replaced by rubies... I mean, rubies are cool and all, but we don't need to be "OMG RUBIEZ" about them... >_>
    -Mega Sableye kind of seems a bit basic/small compared to the much more grandiose Mega Mawile...

The Ability Prankster would be amazing (and would reduce the need to breed for it as a Hidden Ability)!

Gosh, I'm not too enthused about a potential Mega Walrein... XD That thing gives me enough trouble in Hoenn's Battle Frontier by practically always necessitating a 2HKO (two-hit knockout) at the bare minimum for it to faint, in addition to packing heat cold with the devastating Sheer Cold attack. ;-;
    I think it's actually the other way around seeing how the word for them together is Corundum, which comes from the Sanskrit word Kuruvidam which means Ruby xD.

Imagine Glacia with a Mega Walrein with an ability that increases accuracy...it'll be so hax...

Years
  • Has anyone noticed how Mega Mawile focused on Attack, but Sableye is hinted to focus on Defense? I wonder if Sableye will have the reverse stats of Mega Mawile with it having it's attack stat as it's defense stat and it's defense stat as it's attack stat. Maybe they'll give Sableye an ability that increases defense too.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Design wise there really isn't much of a difference , but then again Mega Kangaskhan is just Kangaskhan with it's baby out of it's pouch. The gem is a nice touch and the fact Sableye is getting a Mega evolution just makes me happy anyway cause it makes one of my favorite Pokemon stronger. :3

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Oh I love the Mega Sableye!

I totally agree on this!!

I love sableye! I honnestly hope for an evolution but... I'm happy with the mega-evolution too ^_^

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Dude. I just saw Mega Sableye on Serebii and I'm kinda freaking out a little on the inside.

It looks absolutely amazing. That huge gem is just the perfect touch for it I think.
    I love the way it just stares at it all hungrily. >v>

Also!

Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Can you guys just imagine how amazing the shiny mega is going to look?
    I think they should make the gems in it's eyes and the big gem it has blue as a shiny mega.
    It'd go really beautifully with it's gold color and that nice green gem on it's chest.

Looks like I've found another shiny to go after. <3

Years
  • I wonder if they will add Mega Dunsparce? I don't think it's from Hoenn(I don't remember) but it seemed like everyone wanted it when Megas were first revealed.
    After all, Clealry Gamefreak is granting wishes, they heard everyone's wish for A Hoenn remake after all.

Years
  • I wonder if they will add Mega Dunsparce? I don't think it's from Hoenn(I don't remember) but it seemed like everyone wanted it when Megas were first revealed.
    After all, Clealry Gamefreak is granting wishes, they heard everyone's wish for A Hoenn remake after all.

Dunsparce is from Johto!

I'm still hoping for Megas Camerupt and Sharpedo because they'd (maybe) make the final battles against Maxie and Archie more difficult, plus Camerupt at least seems fairly underrated. (Sharpedo Idk about; it makes a decent glass cannon with Speed Boost.)

Years
  • Dunsparce is from Johto!

I'm still hoping for Megas Camerupt and Sharpedo because they'd (maybe) make the final battles against Maxie and Archie more difficult, plus Camerupt at least seems fairly underrated. (Sharpedo Idk about; it makes a decent glass cannon with Speed Boost.)

And Dianice is from Kalos and it got a Mega, so Mega Dunsparce is Possible. I heard alot of people wanting Mega Camerupt, and hoping it gets simple. If it gets a Mega, Camerupt might.

I'm also hoping for A Mega Crobat.

erisfrost

Rocket in Training!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Just a quick thing I thought about. Since sableye has mostly rubies on it, do you think it will have version exclusive mega-evos?

The ruby sableye will be mostly defense, and the sapphire version will be focusing on attacks!~ ♥

If this actually happens, I will be even more excited for my favorite little imp. >w<

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back