• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mega Evolutions: The battle of ugliness!

Worst-looking mega evo?

• Mega Venusaur

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Mega Blaziken

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Mega Garchomp

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Mega Abomasnow

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Mega Kangaskhan

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    Alright, you guys can vote for the most beautiful mega evo here.

Now... time for the worst-looking mega evolution! Who do you think it is?

1. Mega Venusaur

2. Mega Blaziken (seriously, it looks horrible!)

3. Mega Garchomp

4. Mega Abomasnow

5. Mega Kangaskhan

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
    I don't like mega blazekan. I can barely tell the difference between mega venasuar and regular venasuar. Mega Garchomp looks amazing. Why isn't mega pinsir or heracross on the list? Those 2 are the ugliest.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    The poll options are really the only five megas that I don't think are hideous. X_x

MegaAbomasnow is the one I'd choose if I had to choose. XD

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Most hideous, I'd say Garchomp. The worst design I think though is Absol, but that's probably because I never liked Absol to begin with. Blaziken and Abomasnow look pretty awesome though.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    None of these Mega Evolutions really strike me as ugly. Mega Garchomp and Mega Blaziken are more unnecessary than ugly IMO. But Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Tyranitar, Mega Alakazam and Mega Heracross are actually ugly to me.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Now don't think I'm pulling your leg. All mega evolutions are quite acceptable, at least the ones given here.

My honest opinion makes a tough choice between Mega Pinsir and Mega Medicham, unfortunately both of them aren't present in the poll. Mega Medicham's ribbon-like studs all over makes it look out of style. It's quite hard to picture why any Pokémon would look like that, and considering Sylveon also has something of the sort, it's not a compliment. Pinsir looks really wild and those wings don't really look appealing. I doubt I could stare at them for five minutes without going mad.

But out of the five here I'm choosing Abomasnow. The way the Sugimori art was drawn it seems to imply that Abomasnow now prefers to stand on all fours. I just hope that's not the case, anyway. The new growths over its body doesn't signify a better look, and I can't really say I'm impressed by this one compared to other mega evolutions.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
    Well let's raise our glasses to

who's the ugliest among the mega evos. Now for the ones which are actually displayed here.

1.Mega Venasaur: I don't know why you'll guys don't like it but I think this guy looks pretty good.

2. Mega Blaziken: It looks awesome although not as good as Blaziken. My favorite in terms of looks on this list.

3. Mega Garchomp: Ugh.... Disgusting. Befitting for Garchomp.

4. Mega Abomasnow: Not that bad looking but when you come to think of it, it is ugly.

5. Mega Kanghaskan. Winning my vote. That baby Kanghaskan is the one that I hate looking at.

Years
    What, no Mega Tyranitar or steriod-happy Mega Mewtwo X?

Out of the ones you've listed at least, I'd go with Megabomasnow as the ugliest, with Mega Garchomp not far behind. Not necessarily because I think they're that ugly, but I think they're Mega Evolutions could've been much better than we got.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    What, no Mega Tyranitar or steriod-happy Mega Mewtwo X?

Out of the ones you've listed at least, I'd go with Megabomasnow as the ugliest, with Mega Garchomp not far behind. Not necessarily because I think they're that ugly, but I think they're Mega Evolutions could've been much better than we got.

I agree with the Abomasnow one, that one is awful. Although I think the most unoriginal is still Kanghaskan. Kanghaskan itself literally has no upgrade aside from the baby one. Which might I add is going to add some weird things later on when Nintendo is out of ideas and resorts to having new pre-evolutions.

Years
    The ugliest are Gengar, Mewtwo X, Pinsir, Heracross, Aggron, Manetric (surprisingly), and Abomasnow.

I was extremely disappointed with gengar. I just can't believe GF thought that design was good enough to include in this game. I mean, it's the original ghost pokemon, why did you ruin it?!?!

Mewtwo X looks frog-like with webbed toes and gill like striations. It's another, huh???, design.

Pinsir's design is all over the place. The strange orange, blue, yellow, and brown color palette, discordant scarab-beetle wings, and oddly shaped arms and legs, just don't come together as a good design. Though, I do like the alteration of the spikes.

Hera cross has a shrimpish face with the long nose, awful orange/blue/yellow color palette, and gauche spherical arms. Plus, the best feature of the original design, the tusk is now uninteresting as it now is just one big spike. I don't mind the antennas though.

Aggron's mega should have been more sleek, instead they have added too much bulk which and uninteresting spikes that really don't convey a clear design concept. Reminds me of the awful gen 4 evolutions of gen 1 pokemon where they essentially bloat the pokemon add random tassels and such.

Manetric is perhaps the most unfortunate megalution. The original design resembles a hound with a "cool" and "formidable" faux hawk. In stead of perhaps elevating those traits by increasing his height bulk and adding facial hair to the mane, GF tastelessly placed a thunderbolt tumor on his back.

Abomasnow's design, like many others, is basically GF adding more spikes, tassels, flames, and beefcheesysupremeomegalicious crap. There is no thought or clever concept to justify their designs.

Though, I like a few mega evolutions, most of them, including others I haven't even listed in this post, are not good additions to the game. I like the idea of mega evolutions, however, like many, not all, gen 4 pokemon that added to previous evolutionary lines, there is a lack of taste. Bulking up a pokemon and adding spikes and random embellishments really takes away from a the clever and charming concepts that GF is known for.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Are you seriously voting for Mega Blaziken? That is the coolest pokémon form ever, imo. It looks so great, so much better than its original form.

Mega Venusaur gets my vote. It's Mega form is ridiculous. They made the tree a little higher and added some vines and a plump thingy on his forehead. Like... What. So bad. Imo ;)

One of the best looking Mega evos is Mega Alakazam. I was creeped out by its feet holding hands at first, haha, but when you get past that it's really cool. Mega Medicham is a bit silly, yes, but not that bad at all.

Mega Garchomp and Mega Gengar might be close seconds. They are pretty ugly both of them and I don't understand Mega Gengar's design especially. But Mega Heracross deserves a mention too. They could have done it so much better ;;

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    Garchomp.

What. The. Ass.

I mean, what were they thinking? Not only is Garchomp a terrible idea for a Pokemon to give a Mega Evolution to (I mean, Garchomp's already a broken pseudo-legend), but the execution of the concept was just terrible. They just stuck spikes all over it, including odd lines of spikes down the chest that make it look like it's wearing a jacket and replaced it's arms with Scyther blades.

This does not make it cool. This makes it f-ing ridiculous.

Runner-up goes to Blaziken for being a complete step back from the badass original.

Then there's Charizard X, looking ridiculous with flames coming out the sides of his mouth, derpy wings, and a color scheme that tries too hard to be cool.

Don't forget Mega Blastoise's neckbeard.

And how about Mega Pinsir, which looks like what would happen if a kindergarten child took Pinsir and drew all over it with crayon.

And then there's Mega Aerodactyl, with his eyebrows and goatee.

Mega Mewtwo Y is pretty bad as well, looking a bit like something a DeviantArt user with a username something like "XxXxKAWAII~~NYA~~XxXxX" would draw.

And then we have the chainsaw-handed Power Ranger known as Mega Scizor.

Honestly, the idea of Mega Evolutions was good, but the execution was less than stellar, with many bad designs and unnecessary evolutions (Blaziken? Seriously? One of the most broken Pokemon in the game and it gets a Mega Evo, yet underappreciated Pokemon like Dunsparce, Shuckle, and Whiscash don't?).

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hahhaa, I agree with you on some points, Atomic Pirate xD Especially about Mega Charizard X and Aerodactyl, I almost forgot those two but they are certainly in the top of ugliness. But Mega Blaziken is still awesomecool.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I personally find Mega Garchomp to be quite ugly. Its mouth's huge, and its head just seems too big for its body. Mega Abomasnow looks pretty hideous as well mostly due to its mean-looking eyes. Every other Pokémon listed on the poll, though, are perfect. :]

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    All of these Mega-Evos could be ugly. It would be handy if we were able to select more than one option rather than to choose just one.

In the poll, Mega Abomasnow. Sure, maybe the ugly design is actually intended to flinch other Pokemon, but this big white thorn is too over the top.

Edit: I've remembered back in my thread that the ugliest was Charizard X and Mega-Medicham. I also think Blastoise and Pinsir looks ugly. The former, LOL at the squirter on its head. The latter, two different colored pairs of wings with orange spikes? I don't understand...

Last edited:
    Years
    I came into this hoping that Pinsir would be on the list , XD .
    I picked venusaur even though I like it, but of the ones on the list he is at the bottom.

Years
    Why isn't mega Heracross on the list? :( /brick'd

But anyways, I don't find any of the ones you listed ugly except for Garchomp. That face is just.. ugh. Enough to give me nightmares ahah.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Personally, I think mega pinsir and mega heracross are by far the ugliest out of all of them. By the poll, mega abomasnow is the ugliest and scary of the mega evolution. I would hate to tick one of those off, that's for sure.

Back