• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Most likely Uni talk, idk sometimes food and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
    Today I just went to sell all my r curable stuff, 10kg of newspapers, 5kg of plastics and 2kg of aluminium cans. The money gain is not that much, enough for a bowl of noodles soup and a cup of a hot coffee.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    The only issue/complaint I see often here regarding most doctors is their price. Other than that, I haven't heard anyone really complain about anything too seriously wrong, and most doctors are hesitant to provide bad service since a lot of people in the lower class (which is by far the most populous class) prefer eastern medicine and they can't afford to piss off the few customers they have. xD

Private hospital doctors are another story though. I knew a guy who was asked to do an MRI because his ear hurt. They found nothing and it ended costing him a ton.

pkmin3033

Kinda the opposite here: private doctors treat you like people, rather than problems. Because they're getting paid to care I suppose, and if they don't provide a good service they'd lose their customers to the NHS. Money is an amazing motivational tool.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't think I go to the doctor very often (8 thankfully.

I should reeeally see the dentist though, because it's been years since last time.

Bay

Years
    I recently had to go to the dentist as I was having a huge toothache, and it turns out I got an infection on one of my teeth (the dentist prescribed me antibiotics) and needed oral surgery. Indeed the procedures are expensive, bleh. Speaking of which, I have a follow up dentist appointment tomorrow morning lol.

pkmin3033

NHS dentists are a blight upon this earth.

Private dentists, however, are wonderful people who treat you with the care and respect you deserve. They cost a fortune, but it's worth it. Although thankfully I'm not due to go back again until October, and I have a hygeinist appointment at the end of next month. Hopefully done with that painful chapter of my life. xD

Years
    I need to go to the dentist, too. My teeth are okay... at least, I think. But it can't hurt to get a thorough cleaning or something like one is supposed to.

Years
    Here all the dentists are private, so it costs you no matter what. I'm lucky enough to have insurance though.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    I haven't gone to the dentist since November 2014, when I took off my braces. I've been taking good care of my teeth since then and don't think there is a problem with them, but I probably should visit a dentist soon.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    i'll never understand why people decide to be dentists or orthodontists

i hope the money is worth being around dirty ass mouths and teeth and braces all day

pkmin3033

Private dentistry is definitely worth it for dentists, with the money they charge for services...mine charges £45 per appointment, £100 per extraction or filling, and it's upward of £500 for root canals and replacement teeth and the like. There is a monthly plan for free appointments, but it only gets you 10% off treatment costs if you need anything major done. I think a major motivator for NHS dentists is probably going private, haha.

Since my wisdom teeth messed up with no warning I've been going regularly, because I never ever EVER want to go through that kind of pain again. I've never been more miserable. Even if you take care of your teeth, it definitely doesn't hurt to go twice a year for peace of mind and/or a thorough cleaning.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    y'all should pay more taxes and get cheaper healthcare a la Canada / Sweden.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    "Go back to the Soviet Union, you fucking commie!"

Our NHS was something close to be royally screwed by the last government as well.
    And here's the conundrum: Most people here want free healthcare and education and such, but also don't want to pay taxes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back