• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Movie Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    PC Get-Together Movie Night
    Come join us for a community-wide event of watching movies and fun!

What movies will be shown?
    We?ll be showing the hit anime film Your Name and the new classic Disney flick Moana.

When will these be shown?
    Your Name will be shown on September 16th at 1pm PST.
    Moana will be shown on September 19th at 8pm PST.

How will this be hosted?
    This will be hosted on https://rabb.it, a website which allows you to broadcast a browser. We?ll be showing movies from there, and it also has a text chat/voice chat feature as well.

How many points will I recieve?
    By attending this event, you will receive two points of participation.

Hope to see you there! Here is a link to the room where the movies will be shown.

(Also, in the rabb.it browser, click the LD button in the bottom middle and set to HD for the best quality!)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Like every year, I'm ready. Haven't seen any of these movies yet, so I'm super excited! And times work great for once too. I'm stupid and don't know timezones... Times don't work for me :D

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Movie Night

Years
  • Really wish I could show up to Moana, but 8pm PT (11pm ET) is too late for me since I have to work in the morning :(

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • I enjoyed Your Name even tho I joined the stream like 30 min late lol.

Also, I am not crying. Really.

Yes, I'm serious.

Last edited:

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • I was there to see Your Name! I was doing it just for the house points but I actually ended up enjoying the film surprisingly much so I don't regret joining and watching all of it. My name on Rabbit was Lemon if it didn't show up as Lemonsky.

Bay

Years
  • Reporting in that I recently watched Your Name too (I'm Bay there).

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    thanks for showing up everyone!! stay tuned for moana + maybe a special encore movie ;]

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    I attended (of course, how could I miss it) :)

That was a fantastic film, it almost made me cry, and I still wonder what my reaction would have been if I didn't read the book before!

Yes, I actually read the book first, and it really made a positive impact on me (although it's not so easy to understand what's happening)... And still, I felt like something was missing~

Sadly I won't be there for the next film, as it will be broadcasted when I'm at school, but I can still consider my first Movie night a success!
    Thank you Cay, and the rest of the spectators, for giving me a chance to finally watch this film with you!

Years
  • Yesterday's Movie Night was great. I wasn't on a whole thing, I fell asleep after about 40 minutes in, but I enjoyed it.

What really surprised me was negativity of some people in chat. Nothing, but maybe a Rom Hacker had urge to tell us how he don't want to be there, that he'll leave and how he dislike the movie. On the other hand, he was ignored by most of us there.

Also, Cay's way of finding movie to play is funny :D Sadly, I won't make it to Moana, as it'll be 5:00 AM for me.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think I'll leave a note here to say that I was here when watching Moana movie. I think it's pretty interesting movie, for sure.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back