• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
  • Ooops, I didnt change anything in his rombase, I test it first to see if there're no bugs, anyways, I used 1.5
    He means FireRed's version, not the patch.
    ^ There are two different versions of FireRed: 1.0 and 1.1

Pretty sure when you open up a rom in Advance Map or a similar program you can see what version it is. Almost every tool and rom base on PC was made for FireRed 1.0 so if you have version 1.1 most of the tools and patches won't work correctly, if at all.

Hope that helps clear things up.

Oh, and for future reference does anyone know a quick and hassle free way to check which version you have? I almost always have 1.0 so I've never needed to check, but I realize it could be a problem for newer members of the community. Besides, it's always nice to have some new advice to give, right? :)

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • ^ There are two different versions of FireRed: 1.0 and 1.1

Pretty sure when you open up a rom in Advance Map or a similar program you can see what version it is. Almost every tool and rom base on PC was made for FireRed 1.0 so if you have version 1.1 most of the tools and patches won't work correctly, if at all.

Hope that helps clear things up.

Oh, and for future reference does anyone know a quick and hassle free way to check which version you have? I almost always have 1.0 so I've never needed to check, but I realize it could be a problem for newer members of the community. Besides, it's always nice to have some new advice to give, right? :)

I patched it in FIRERED 1.0

Years
  • Hello,
    I am using your BaseRom, but there is a big problem : Advance Map does not work with the version 1.5.
    How can I fixe that, there is a ini file or something?
    Thx for helping.

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
    Years
  • @hremeraude: You might not want to bother. Just might. If you really want to, go with the build GoGoJJTech posted somewhere in Quick Research. If that doesn't work (Especially in my case), then use MEH. It's much better than AM, and AM1.95 hates on your ROM anyway.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Hello,
    I am using your BaseRom, but there is a big problem : Advance Map does not work with the version 1.5.
    How can I fixe that, there is a ini file or something?
    Thx for helping.

For the 100th time, on the first post it says to make it work with tools you need to change the Rom Name at 0xAC in a Hex Editor from MrDS to BPRE.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024

1.0 doesn't have any "presents" text on the Game Freak logo. It was a harmless bug fixed in 1.1.

A little later in playing it, but Pidgey's pokedex species is "Tiny" due to another bug. This hack fixes that, most do really.

EDIT: After a quick test of how things have progressed on my project, here are the capitalizations I noticed from the very beginning until the Pokedex event.

1. Daisy seems to be in capitals at various places: still refers to the Lab as LAB and whenever a name is used as "who said what" it seems to always be in capitals. I have a feeling that this is for every instance, so checking the Double Battle lines should probably be a priority. Also, Town Map obtaining is completely capitalized.

Text string offsets:
    0x18D58C
    0x18D701
    0x18D661
    0x18D5C4
    0x18D9A5

2. The Oak's Parcel script still refers to the parcel with a capital S, even if the item is lowercase. It's the same way upon getting the Pokedex.

Offset for Oak's strings:
    0x18E4AF

...No clue about the Parcel event at the PokeMart though.

Everything else was lowercase and read well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    hey first this is one of the most useful resources there are secondly :D thank you for all your hard work mind you people this is no easy work ... ah let me get to what i want to ask so i am using this rombase in my hack but can you list me the offsets you have used for the resource like i was able to find you inserted alot of data at 0x900000 where else have you used free space :) so i can be sure i don't break any mechanics of the resource thanks in advance ... :)

ville!

Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
    Years
  • Well... it's amazing :3
    But i have a question, how can i edit the trainers and the wild pokemon (a-trainer/jambo's trainer editor or g3t)/advance map?
    I speak spanish and is a little hard to read others explanations and i really work in a new hackrom :S

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2022
    Well... it's amazing :3
    But i have a question, how can i edit the trainers and the wild pokemon (a-trainer/jambo's trainer editor or g3t)/advance map?
    I speak spanish and is a little hard to read others explanations and i really work in a new hackrom :S

It works with G3T with a custom ini. Someone put a link to it in this thread, I think it was on page 8 or 9. The rest might work if you change "MrDS" back to "BPRE" in the hex editor (Details on first post of the thread.)

Now, unfortunately, I got some bad news.
    Moonblast doesn't have an extra effect and it's considered a status move both in-game and in G3T.
    Drain Kiss has 75 BP instead of 50, and Charming Cry is considered a Status move with 60 BP instead of 40. I'll check some other stuff later, but I wanted to give a heads-up before 1.5a is released.

chris burton

Super Nerd
    Years
  • My apologies if I'm ignorantly missing something spectacularly obvious here,

But with the patch, the vast majority of old moves are changed to match the base power and accuracy of Gen V or VI, but when I tried using it, some moves noticeably aren't, the two I've spotted are Fly, which still has a base power of 70 rather than 90, and Bullet Seed, which still has a base power of 10 rather than 25.

Is this intentional, a small oversight, or is something a bit squiffy with my ROM?

NSK

Aka NightosphereKing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Hi, I've been working on a FireRed hack using your (fantastic) rombase and I was wondering if you knew what the IDs on the new items are which you've added.
    I'd also like to thank you for your rad additions to romhacking and say that I'm very excited for the Emerald release.

Lance32497

Years
  • At the 5th time, I patched it in FIRERED 1.0 without changing anything and played it, same issues...
    Flash, Trading system and Daycare issues...
    I hope that this might be fixed or anyone knows how to fix it.

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • At the 5th time, I patched it in FIRERED 1.0 without changing anything and played it, same issues...
    Flash, Trading system and Daycare issues...
    I hope that this might be fixed or anyone knows how to fix it.
    I just tested with a clean BPRE 1.0 and I had no issues, everything worked for the first 25 minutes (I didn't see a need to test further) so I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. Sorry, but I can't help you. :/

I doubt it would cause any issue, but what emulator are you using? I use VBA-M. Haven't had an issue with any of MrDS's patches... Except the bug reports I've submitted in the past. (Quite a while back lol)

Off-topic: I still hope to see a DeCap patch that does NOTHING else lol. DeCap4Ever!

Lance32497

Years
  • I just tested with a clean BPRE 1.0 and I had no issues, everything worked for the first 25 minutes (I didn't see a need to test further) so I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. Sorry, but I can't help you. :/

I doubt it would cause any issue, but what emulator are you using? I use VBA-M. Haven't had an issue with any of MrDS's patches... Except the bug reports I've submitted in the past. (Quite a while back lol)

Off-topic: I still hope to see a DeCap patch that does NOTHING else lol. DeCap4Ever!

Ill try it again, again and again, ahahahahahahaha

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I think this one is a general oversight:

Chinchou learns Confuse Ray at Level 12, and Water Gun at level 17.
    Lanturn learns Water Gun at Level 12, and Confuse Ray at Level 17.

I'm pretty sure Lanturn's is the correct one according to Gen VI, but either way this looks more like an innocent flip-flop.

Back