• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Music that cheers you up when you're down?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • When you're feeling down, unmotivated, or just haven't been having a spectacular day, are there any songs you like to listen to in order to help lift your spirits? Are there any uplifting songs that you'd recommend to someone who's not feeling in the brightest of spirits?

Me personally, I like to listen to Learn by Lamb. The lyrics just are amazing, and they're always exactly what I need to hear when I'm feeling down :) Same goes for Gold by Spandau Ballet. The lyrics give me so much confidence. I make sure listen to it whenever I've accomplished something, so that way when I'm not feeling so confident, I can listen to it and it reminds me of all the things I have done right ^^

What about you, people of PC?

Last edited:

mannakete

exec hymme Holy=Judgment sos yor
    Years
  • Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
  • Wow. Seeing people happy makes me happier a little everytime. Seriously. But terribly, there isn't a song that cheers me up when I'm down/sad/in deppression. Otherwise, happy things makes me even more sad. Just like now.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Aww the cute Sheena stuff ♥♥

I tend to dive right into my Ar Tonelico playlist. If I'm feeling particularly down, I'll go straight to the "dark" songs like EXEC_Z/, XaaaCi. or CLASS::EXSPHERE_NOSURGE;. Mostly my downs are a little aggressive so these work.
    Or other things like Chronicle Key, Arphage or even EXEC_with.METHOD_METAFALICA/. for little hope spots. Sometimes it works.

Thanks!

That's some really great music! I especially like the Arphage song. Very beautiful.

I'm always listening music to keep my head busy and forget about everything, so, pretty much anything that I like hearing, lately I been really down, and this song was really good listen for me, it's from one of my favorite musicians, maybe that's why, haha.

Music just makes everything better, doesn't it?~

That's such a nice, calming song! I think I might add this to my list of pick-me-up songs c:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Most songs by Simple Plan can cheer me up, especially Lucky One. I also find that listening to SuG can make me feel better as well. Not to mention that Gotcharocka does too. A lot of my Visual Kei music can cheer me up when I'm down because I have a mix of heavy metal to soft rock stuff. I listen to different songs depending on the mood I am or want to be in. I listen to music constantly because it gives me a better piece of mind.

I'd be like this if music ceased to exist:

Music that cheers you up when you're down?

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • usually when I feel like shit I tend to listen to almost exclusively sad music. whenever I listen to anything overtly upbeat when I'm in a Bad Mental Place I kinda feel like it's mocking me, which is fucking weird but idk. some classics for moping lately for me have been Didn't It Rain by Songs: Ohia, Steep Hills of Vicodin Tears by A Winged Victory for the Sullen, Machine Gun by Slowdive, Holiday by The Get Up Kids..... the list goes on.

Years
  • I can't go too specific here because there's so much music that holds a connection to me, but if it's something I love expect it to make me feel better when I'm down.

Years
  • Just music I like makes me feel better, but I find I listen to Ozean by Eisbrecher a lot when I'm down, because I like the beat to it.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • For some reason, it's not the upbeat high-energy tracks that lift my spirits up. In fact, it's the sentimental dreamy and ephemeral songs that soothe my soul. It's a strange catharsis.

Years
  • The music that cheers me up is the music I like the most, so any kind of track I feel like to listen is going to make my day better.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Gotta go down to get up. When I'm feeling bad I usually listen to sad, depressing or slow songs (usually country since it fits the bill pretty well) and then I'll start to feel better. I'll just pick out a random song or two and turn on spotify or pandora radio and let it do its thing.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The Chinese opening to Cardcaptor Sakura. It's the most upbeat song I know and I always smile when I listen to it, even though I have noooo clue what the lyrics are. I still don't know how I discovered it. It... it might have been way back in the Napster days!?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Moon View Recital!

A lot of the words are really easy to rip anyone out of depression, actually. Especially the part where Momo says, "believe in you, because you're you."

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    [ythd]tdy9LP1TtHc[/ythd]
    Try it, people.

Blurryface

Cheer up, baby.
    Years
  • Lately I've been going straight to the Pop-Punk stuff like Man Overboard, Neck Deep, Real Friends, and The Story So Far. Straight go to songs are in spoilers.

Spoiler:

I know they all might sound soppy and down but they work for me because I get emotional, cry, and release all my negative feelings and then I feel better.

Back