• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen My name's NOT RIIICK!!

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    What do you plan on naming yourself when the games come out?

Are you going to adapt the name of your favorite character? Name them after yourself? How about the name of someone else you know?

As for me, Milk it is. I'm going to be pretty boring this time around I think.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Since Black 2, I always named my player character Scott. I don't know why though, I don't like to use my real name and I think Scott sounds fine.

Years
    I accidentally named myself Terra in the original games, but I'm not gonna do that this time around and continue the tradition I have of naming my character Nichole, after my real name.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Ever since I started playing Pokemon, I'd name my character "Alex", so I'll stick with that (Not my real name, btw). When I got my first Pokemon game, I just randomly named my character "Alex", and it stuck with me for everything... not just Pokemon games xD

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    I always name my characters after me, which is Jake. I've always found it weird when I play games like this and the character isn't named after me.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I always name the characters by their default names. On my original playthrough, my name was Marky, because I found that name cool at the time. :d In the remakes though, I'll most likely name myself Brendan, since it's the default. And the fact that Marky reminds me of my weeb days, haha.

Years
    Now I always name my character Drop(abbreviation of my nickname), but when I was younger I used to name my character Matt, an abbreviation of my name, I still use that when I have multiple games of the same generation and region, like if in platinum my name is Drop and I restart pearl I'm gonna use Matt xD
    Also when I play as a female character I call her Flaire cause it sounds cool.

Edit:Accidentaly posted the same message twice xD

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    I usually name my player characters with my name (Alex) followed by the version's abbreviated name. So, in this case it will be "Alex OR" and "Alex AS"

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I always name my character with my own name.

In regards to Patrick's name not being Rick, however, I kind of hope the nickname feature doesn't return, at least for these games. It works better in Japanese, because some people may affix -san to your name, while your closer friends might add -kun or -chan, but it really doesn't work in English (and quite a few other languages, if I'm not mistaken)--if you have a nickname in English, you want everyone to refer to you by it, not just your close friends (or at least make the feature optional, since it does work out quite well in Japanese).

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I usually name my character Dalex, Daliden, or my real name. When I am playing girl characters, I usually use Skyla, Ayla, Kaitlyn or Ayliana.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    If I pick the dude, I'll be using my real name, Joey. If I pick the girl, I'll be using either Kimmy or Summer.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'll probably use either Stella or Elsa again. Probably Elsa, so I don't have 2 Stellas in the same generation.

Spoiler:

Tek

Years
    My initials are TK, so I'd been using that for a while, but now I use Tek cause it sounds cooler. Or if I like the girl sprite better, I go with Keturah.

See what I did there? Keturah? SEE WHAT I DID?

Back