• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

Pretty Wing

きれいなハネ
Years
  • Once again it looks my playthrough team will mostly consist of Grass, Bug, Normal and Fairy types. Bounsweet and Comfey are my favourites from this reveal, Cutiefly is still my number one!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Out of the new reveals, I like Bounsweet (What is it exactly?) and Mudsdale, Wimpod is ok too. Comfey feels like a bit much just coming off the flabebe line though I understand what they're going for.

I kinda hope you can change how Mudsdale looks a bit like Furfrou(?), since the design is mostly made out of a mud I've heard. Still don't like Bewear (Nice name) that much, it being all black in front for whatever reason throws me off, maybe if the pink and black were more blended together, like rings, or pointy ridges, something.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Am I the only one here who wants a Liger Pokemon?
    Probably. Maybe. Considering we've never really had "half-breed" Pokemon, I'd like to see that...

(Also, would it kill them to make a Flamingo Pokemon? Thanks, Nintendo.)

Princess Sapphire

Master Expert
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 17, 2023
    Am I the only one here who wants a Liger Pokemon?
    Probably. Maybe. Considering we've never really had "half-breed" Pokemon, I'd like to see that...

(Also, would it kill them to make a Flamingo Pokemon? Thanks, Nintendo.)

I agree completely. If Nintendo was smart, they'd make Litten's evolution go that way. Keep it a quadruped, and make it like a tiger or liger, then I'm the happiest Poké-fan there is. But that could be just because I'm a sucker for big cats (:p)

And back when I first saw Spritzee, I thought it would be the base stage of a 2-stage evolution line, that would have the final form be a flamingo that looked like a perfume bottle. But Aromatisse isn't that much bigger than Spritzee, and is just a perfume puff

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    I am hoping for a ground gym leader and Fire type gym leader to be revealed. The gym leaders could be dressed like Mudsdale and and Fire dancer.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If gyms are back then I can definitely see another Fairy-type leader. There have already been a handful of new Fairy Pokemon that would be fitting for a leaders team. On that note, with Fairy being a relatively new type, I'm thinking there will be an abundance of Fairy type Pokemon to make up the numbers.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I'd love to see some strong new Ice types but I hope to god there's not another Ice leader/Elite 4, we've had one every generation, and they're usually not very strong. I hope the type gets a nice buff. More Fire types would be great as well, I hope Salandit has a really badass evolution.

Years
  • I love the new pokemon so far, but I wanted to see if I was capable of ranking them, here's what I came up with as we wait for the hype train to get moving again:

I love these designs! Likely to be on my first team in Sun or Moon versions.
    1. Popplio - A little clownish sea lion pup with a frilled collar? Yes please!
    2. Bruxish - I love the psychadelic colors, floral bulb, juxtaposed against her fangs.
    3. Mudsdale - What a beast!! It's a conceptual mudslide on a horse design.
    4. Bounsweet - It's a little cute grass type hanging fruit pokemon. Just look at its face!
    5. Cutiefly - A bug-fairy combination! It's definitely going to have a beautiful evolution.
    6. Litten - It's a little fire-breathing anime kitten who couldn't any less f***ks.
    7. Rockruff - It's big blue eyes and bushy tail + collar is refreshing for a rock type.
    8. Komala - Finally, a Koala! It's pretty damn cute with it's little drum stump.
    9. Pikapek - My favorite first stage of an early route bird. I mean, it's a woodpecker.

Fun Designs! I will eventually get around to using these pokemon.

10. Togedemaru - One of the more creative pika clones with a little triangular spikes.
    11. Rowlet - Happy to see another owl; if it does get an archer evolution it's getting move up.
    12. Mimikyu - I love this little fairy/ghost who is misunderstood and wants to be loved.
    13. Comfey - I wish the lei was incorporated in a design -- not simply the design. Still like it.
    14. Drampa - It's goofy, but these are the kind of designs we need. Can't go wrong with fluff.

Nice designs -- just not my preference.
    15. Salandit - Still waiting on my female bandit. It's a nice concept and typing.
    16. Yungoos - I like this design compared to some of the other gen's early normal types.
    17. Vikavolt line - I like cute and beautiful bugs, but I do appreciate the design.
    18. Wimpod - Rick and Morty style is a plus, but I don't recruit no wimps on ma' team!

:(
    19. Bewear - I like the typing, the idea it's friendly bear hug crushes, but HATE the design's execution. Maybe I will warm up to it.

Legendaries/Pseudos -- I usually do not use often, but here they are anyways.

1. Lunala - One of my favorite legendary designs to date. It's a star-gazing beauty.
    2. Tapu Koko - An awesomely innovative design on what could have been a generic tiki.
    3. Solgaleo - I love lions and astrology, but it's a bit underwhelming somehow.
    3. Magearna - It's cute and I love the gear shaped head. It's a bit clunky, but I do like it.

I'd be interested to see how others rank the new pokemon...so long as it's mostly positive. It's annoying to see some of the hate on the innovative designs. This gen is like the Galapagos islands -- full of isolated and diverse pokemon with more pronounced niches.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    If gyms are back then I can definitely see another Fairy-type leader. There have already been a handful of new Fairy Pokemon that would be fitting for a leaders team. On that note, with Fairy being a relatively new type, I'm thinking there will be an abundance of Fairy type Pokemon to make up the numbers.

Alternatively we could have Fairy type elite four member.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    I think it would be neat for the Elite Four to each have one of the four Pokemon that hide a secret.. If you think about it, if you get the same starter options as every one else, why don't the gym leaders or Elite Four have one of their final evolutions?

Years
  • I think it would be neat for the Elite Four to each have one of the four Pokemon that hide a secret.. If you think about it, if you get the same starter options as every one else, why don't the gym leaders or Elite Four have one of their final evolutions?

I think what Game Freak like to do with starters is they like to promote them as the protagonist's signature Pokemon, as their best partner and strongest part of their team. They like to show that so much that literally no-one else in-game outside of the rivals have starters, except for Sinnoh since the goal to get the National Dex was to see all the Sinnoh Pokemon, as opposed to catching them.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I'll make my list using Entermaid's concept:

Love:
    1: Litten - We've been waiting for a fire cat for too long. Well, I guess there's Litleo, but its evolution disappointed me. Besides, Litten has those fierce looks that make you not want to mess with it, and its color scheme suggests that it'll gain the Dark type upon evolution.
    2: Pikipek - It looks like it could evolve into a badass, like Staraptor or Talonflame.
    3: Mimikyu - Love the type combination and the Pikachu outfit. But will it be just as loveable without the outfit?
    4: Mudsdale - Mighty design, interesting ability, so much weight... This thing has potential to become an awesome badass.
    5: Salandit - Love the design and typing, and the ability is nothing to sneeze at. As much as I'd love to use it, I'm with team Litten, and I don't like having 2 or more Fire types on my team. Maybe I could buy both games, pick Litten in one game, Rowlet in another, and put Salandit in my Rowlet team.
    6: The Vikavolt line (minus Charjabug) - This thing might become the most badass early Bug-type ever! I hope they give it a decent Attack stat, to avoid competition from Galvantula. Although if I want to use it, I'll have to deal with Charjabug. Hopefully it'll be worth it.
    7: Bewear - If this cutie is so strong, then how strong will its possible evolution be? Maybe as strong as Rampardos or something?
    8: Komala - I'm very interested in its ability. If it gets an evolution with good stats and a good secondary typing, I may take it all the way to the Elite Four.

Like:
    9: Rowlet - Good to see a new owl, and I like how it can turn its head 180 degrees without breaking its neck or something. And even though we've seen its typing a few times before, it does have potential to become a good, non-Uber Grass-Flying type. Definitely my second choice for my Gen 7 starter.
    10: Togedemaru - Even though it's a Pikaclone, it does look pretty interesting. If it gets decent stats, it gets a higher chance to be on my team.
    11: Comfey - I'm very interested in its new ability, Triage. Hopefully, it'll also work for moves like Giga Drain. Also hope Comfey will get a good evolution.
    12: Bruxish - While it looks pretty weird, it's not that ugly, and it does have a very intriguing ability.
    13: Yungoos - It does have an interesting new ability, but since it'll be available early on, it's possible Game Freak will give its evolution bad stats.
    14: Drampa - While it doesn't look as good as the other pseudo-legends, it's not that bad, and it does have some interesting abilities.

Iffy:
    15: Wimpod - I like its design and typing, but I'm not fond of its ability. I don't think I'll use it unless it gets a secondary ability, or gets an evolution with a different ability.
    16: Bounsweet - While it's pretty cute, I don't like its design that much conpared to many other Grass types, and I don't have high hopes for its evolution.

Legendaries (Yes, I'll categorize them separately, because I don't really like using those)
    17: Tapu Koko - Perhaps the most badass looking legendary of Gen 7. Also, it looks like they could give it OU-esque stats, like the genies from Gen 5.
    18: Lunala - Very interesting design. Although I was hoping it'd become Ghost/Fairy or Dark/Fairy or something.
    19: Solgaleo - Also a pretty cool design, but looks like it should've been a Fire type.
    20: Magearna - While it has a nice design, I'm not too keen on using event legendaries. Especially Ubers.

Not fond of:
    21: Charjabug - What is this thing? A mutant battery on crack or something?
    22: Popplio - I really don't like those ears. I'd rather use the Seel line than this thing.
    23: Rockruff - It looks too much like a real dog to me, and I'm not a dog person.
    24: Cutiefly - While its type combination is pretty interesting, I really detest flies in real life. Also, so many people here seem so fond of it and I just don't get it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I have new idea for 3rd Main legendary pokemon of Sun & Moon.
    What if we have another Evil Pokemon that was sealed away since its existence threaten the universe ?
    Basically A Pokemon that can absorb all Matter like a Black Hole! That's why it was sealed away while Solgaleo and Lunala act as the guardian of the seal.
    The Evil team want to capture Solgaleo and Lunala in order to free that pokemon in order to gain its power.
    It will also have two form call "Light form" and "Dark Form".
    "Dark Form" will be his uncontrolled form while "Light Form" is his controlled form.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I really think the issue people had with Vanillite was that it was based off of artificial/man-made food (ice cream cones). The non-issue with Cherubi (and Bounsweet) is that they are based off of fruit, which is a natural food, and nearly all Pokemon designs are based in nature.

Speaking of which, we need a banana Pokemon and a Cacao plant that evolves into Chocolate Pokemon. If only they could have some evolution method so we could get a Banana Split Pokemon that would serve as a convergent evolution like Slowking. Or perhaps a trade evolution?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I just want Litten's evolution to be on four paws!!!!! And for the starter evos to look nice. I haven't liked gen 5 or 6 starters. I don't really care about other Pokemon TOO much, because if they all suck I'll just solo it with my starter :)

Years

• New Pokemon reveals ahoy!

A sum-up of the new Pokemon revealed:

• A new bird Pokemon called Oricorio which has four different forms exclusive to each island - Baile Form is Fire/Flying, Pom-Pom Form is Electric/Flying, Pa'u Form is Psychic/Flying and Sensu Form is Ghost/Flying. Oricorio also has a new ability called Dancer (copies opponents' dance-based moves) and its signature move is called Revelation Dance
    • A meteorite-like Pokemon called Minior which is a Rock/Flying-type and has the new ability Shields Down which reveals its inner core after it gets knocked below half HP (when over half it'll have buffed defensive stats and immunity to status conditions). The core can be many different colors.
    • Yungoos evolution Gumshoos - it retains the same type and abilities as Yungoos
    • Fomantis and its evolution Lurantis - both are pure Grass-type with the Leaf Guard ability, and learns a new move called Solar Blade
    • Mudsdale pre-evolution Mudbray - it retains the same type and abilities as Mudsdale
    • Alongside the new Pokemon we also have new Alola Forms of older Pokemon
    • Alola Exeggutor is a Grass/Dragon-type with the Frisk ability
    • Alola Sandshrew and Sandslash are Ice/Steel-type with the Snow Cloak ability
    • Alola Vulpix and Ninetales are Ice and Ice/Fairy-type respectively, and also have the Snow Cloak ability

Last edited:
    Back