• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

no new friends, no new friends, no new friends, no, no new

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I actually hate that song

anyways

are you the type of person who enjoys meeting new people and having a large circle of friends, or do you prefer to keep a small circle and hang around those people who you have an established relationship with?

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i'm kinda shy but i love meeting new people.

friends are kinda like nachos, you've gotta have the basics (chips, meat, cheese) but it's nice to introduce new toppings into your life. some will stay and become main toppings and some just don't mix well with the rest and need to go.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    i'm kinda shy but i love meeting new people.

friends are kinda like nachos, you've gotta have the basics (chips, meat, cheese) but it's nice to introduce new toppings into your life. some will stay and become main toppings and some just don't mix well with the rest and need to go.

What topping am I?

Reactions: dad

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I like making friends, but I usually end up in a smaller circle. I guess I just don't draw a large crowd :P

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
  • I haven't heard of this song. Guess I haven't been listening to the radio enough lately.

My preference depends on my mood. I've learned in recent years that my family suffers from severe mood swings, which would explain some of my habits. I have an inner sanctum of friends that I doubt will increase in number, but I also really enjoy meeting new people and having social interactions. That's actually the only thing preventing me from quitting my smoking habit this time - I meet people when I smoke. They're always interesting people, too. However, I couldn't live without my little circle of friends. The freedom of being myself, without using filters or worrying about saying something offensive, is unparalleled.

So, I'm gonna cheat and say I belong to both groups, the ones who like having small inner circles and the ones who enjoy meeting new people and having lots of acquaintances.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I prefer having a small group of friends. I dont mind meeting new people too much, though I prefer not to. I will not hang out with this new person much unless we have some common interests.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I'd rather have a few close friends than a large circle. I'm not very good at meeting them, and I prefer being alone most of the time. I also get overwhelmed by parties and such. I like meeting new people... don't get me wrong. I just can't socialize with people worth shit. I'm seem to be far too random for them. It always ends up causing them to ignore me later on.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    i've been trying to strike a balance between the large & loose/small & close dichotomy lately

small & close has worked for me for many years as i don't like the feeling of being spread out amongst many people, i prefer a sense of quiet solidarity in my friendships. but things have naturally begun to change, what with some people either moving on, drifting apart or just not liking me anymore. while this has happened before and been dealt with nicely, i haven't really felt the sense of loneliness that i feel at the moment. i feel like this because i'm aware of how i kept my circle too small and didn't really give myself a chance to relax and reach out to new people and whatever.

so i'm trying to expand the number of people i talk to regularly without going overboard, as if i feel stressed out and pushed and pulled then i just won't talk to anyone and all friendships i have will suffer. it's not really a problem for me to make friends/talk to people as i'm quite likeable and good at making lasting first impressions if i talk to people directly. it's just finding the desire (read: effort to tolerate) to do it and open myself up and whatever.

Last edited:

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • It's always fun to meet someone new in your life...

Years
  • I'm someone who has no real life friends due to social fear, but I did use to have a close group who sadly all lived far away from me. I don't socialize much so losing those friends doesn't hurt me that bad but I am concerned for my social skills.

Years
  • Meeting new friends is fun. I like having a large circle of friends since I can be a talkative person, and I also find interacting with others very easy.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I like my small group of close friends, but i also am always hoping I'll meet someone I can add to that small group.

Sirfetch’d

I like to think that I have a bunch of small groups of friends. I don't like being in a large group of people so I am much more comfortable hanging out with my established friends. I am not opposed to meeting new friends and expanding that circle just.....I am not too great at it.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I've always been the type of person that would rather have a smaller group of friends that I'm really close to rather than be a social butterfly and not really be that close to any of those people, especially offline. Online, I'm a bit more social, but even though I talk to a fair amount of people online I still have a small core group that I consider truly close friends that I can confide in, talk to pretty much daily, etc.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I had my little group of friends when I was living in California. But we all have our lives, and we don't hang out too often as we like. It was either the occasional movie night, a day out at the mall, or just to hang out. I preferred it that way.

Here in Houston, I was so grateful when I met up with a group of bronies whom I met on Facebook. They had a meetup and I went to said meetup. It was a super large group, and it felt overwhelming at first! Especially the fact that I had recently relocated, I didn't feel lonely anymore.

It really doesn't matter the size of your friend circle. Quality over quantity.

Years
  • I have no interest in having a particularly big group of friends but the small circle of closer friends I have outside of just fun acquaintances is really important to me.

Back