• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No one likes me

Years
    Does it matter to you how people view you? Do you try your hardest to give a good first impression?

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    Approval of others used to matter so much to me, I used to stress myself out over the people that were "cooler" than me or the girls that were out of my league. But honestly, I was never happy and I never had more friends until I started just being true to myself, whether that made me weird or made it to where I didn't fit in their box anymore just stopped mattering to me one day, I never felt so great.

Moral of the story, be yourself. Don't let somebody else's impression of you dictate how you act and what not..just worry about whether you get your own approval or not.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2017
    Yes and no. In a casual setting I've never tried too hard to make a good first impression...I just present myself as honestly as possible and let other people take it or leave it as they will. You can't please everyone, so the simplest thing to do is not to try and please anyone, then concentrate on those that you do please. At least, that's how I've thought for a while now. I really don't care what people I don't know think of me.

But people I do know, and those I care about...yeah, their opinion of me matters a lot to me. I'll try my hardest to keep their good opinion. I won't compromise my identity, but...well, everyone needs at least one or two people who like them, right? It's very lonely otherwise.

Trainer 766

Just be yourself.You don't actually need to go out of your way just to impress other people or change their point of view.If you feel like you really need to,just change a bit and they will notice it sooner or later.Not everyone likes you,but not everyone matters.

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
    If someone criticizes me on specific actions that I do, then I try to make an effort to better myself.

However, if you mean based on personal appearance or other such factors, then no, I really don't care what you think of me.

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    of course, it would be ridiculous to act like the thoughts of other people don't influence me on some level lmao. while i don't outright tailor myself to please people (unless it is beneficial for my job bc i'm trying to get paid, darling), i do find myself slightly adjusting my speech patterns or the topics of conversation depending on how i perceive the other person and what i think their opinion is of me. it's just efficient at times to go along with what one's perception is - presenting yourself in the best way possible for a situation isn't necessarily seeking approval or losing yourself in some goal of acceptance, it's more often than not just a simple tactic for getting through the day and making the most out of our experiences.

you don't have to be fully you all the time! there is nothing wrong with that so long as you're self-aware of why you are this way.

Years
    I definitely care about how people see me and want people to like me but I'm not prepared to be a totally different person just for the sake of people's approval either. I want people like who I actually am and not who I'm pretending to be.

Of course I'll adjust my behaviour slightly or whatever for the sake of professionalism or to make other people more comfortable, but for the most part what you see with me is what you get and I'd rather you hated me for that than liked me for an act.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    Nope, I don't give 2 Garbodors about what people think of me. What you see is what you get. Don't like it? That's your problem.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
    I do care about how people view me, probably more than I should. As for making a good impression, no matter who I meet, I'm shy as fuck when I first meet them so usually I give the first impression that I'm rude or too quiet.

Years
    This is my biggest fault. I care way too much about what people may think about me. It's really a bad problem I have, and I as a result I've developed bad anxiety. Really need to work on this ;-;

Linyit

yaaay :3
    Years
    I'd be lying if I said I don't care. But I don't act different so that people like me.

I always try to give a good first impression, though (:

Crow

A bird among... Non-birds.
    Years
    I'm super sensitive inside but don't let on when people get to me. I be myself at all times and try to be respectful unless given a reason otherwise

Devil in the Mirror

We Stitch These Wounds
    Years
    It matters in some circumstances. I obviously don't like to be viewed negatively, but if someone hates me for being me, then that's just how it's going to be. Unfortunately I can't be even remotely myself at work, so I have to hide a big part of who I am, and when people think I'm something I'm not like that, it kinda bothers me. There's no real getting around that, though.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Nope, not at all. If you aren't paying my bills, I could care less tbh. I do try and give a nice first impression though, but I won't go out of my way to do so.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I used to be like that when I was in high school. I actually cared about how people viewed me. Maybe I just craved popularity when I was 14.

I'm 26 and I really don't give a damn about it anymore. It's stupid to be thinking about that. If you don't like me, then...it's your loss at getting to know me as an incredible person!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Yes... and no. It really depends on the person or who I'm trying to please. There are times when I could careless what others think. Yet, there are people such as those I trust... that I feel like I have to be a certain way. So, I usually care what they think. I mean, I don't usually like to be myself unless I really really trust someone either. As far as complete strangers go, I do try to make as much a good impression as I can. Other than that, I usually don't care what other people think... does that make any sense?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    to an extent yeah. I get when people say they don't care what others think, but to an extent you should care because how people view you is how you will be treated. I think the golden rule is to be yourself, but know that being 100% yourself isn't always appropriate. When I'm at work or at school I am myself, but I'm also making sure I'm professional and pleasant. Will my psyche be shattered if someone decides they don't like me anyway? Not really. I'm sure there's people in my life that I work with or see day to day who don't care for me, but I expect them to be just as professional and if not then that only makes them look bad.

User19sq

I usually don't, but I sometimes do feel the need to be liked. It's not like I wanted you to notice me, or anything! Baka uguu kawaii nano desu.

Back