• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old Favourites

Years
    Do you have any old games that you keep going back to and replaying over and over? What draws you to them when there's always so many new things to play?

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
    Age of Empires 2 and Need for Speed Most Wanted

although one can make a case for AoE 2 with the recent remaster.

What draws me to both games is just how much of a masterpiece they were and still are. Compared to more modern games these stand the test of time. That and most modern games are just boring to me.

MargatroidCA

Puppeteer of the Hail
    Years
    Civilization V and Skyrim come to mind, largely because their extensive modding communities, and their potential for replayability and customisation (character creation, game settings, etc). I'm a huge sucker for that sort of thing, and many of my favourite/most played games share those traits too. ^^

I mean there have been newer games with similar concepts and features, some even with mods, but nothing's really been able to scratch the same itch IMO.

TheeWizard

Brad
    Years
    Do you have any old games that you keep going back to and replaying over and over? What draws you to them when there's always so many new things to play?

My favourite old games to play are Warcraft III, Halo Reach and the older pokemon games.
    They were the games I grew up playing when I was a kid, so it's great to go back to them. The best news is Halo Reach is coming to PC on the 3rd of December and Warcraft III is getting a reforged version, so it will be awesome for the games to have a revitalised community.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Online now
    I've replayed the stuff I've grown up with to the point where I've almost killed the enjoyment for myself. Among those are mostly Rockstar games, Paper Mario N64 and Thousand Year Door, and Fable: The Lost Chapters. I've played them so much that I no longer even feel much, it's just me mindlessly playing on autopilot because I memorized those entire games years ago.

But I only replay stuff I grew up with. When I finish a new game I did not grow up with, I can't bring myself to replay it again for some reason. Yet I still have the urge to play Paper Mario again. I'm not sure why, but the feeling to replay it just occurs. I probably go through it two or three times per year.

Pokemon games would be among this list, but there's so many ways to customize a team that they will never get boring to me.

Years
    FFX will always be one of those games that's timeless for me, and no matter when i play it, i feel like it'll age decently enough to where it'll be more than enjoyable and playable. the OST, the characters, the sidequests, everything altogether really makes for an amazing and memorable experience. n.n

Years
    FFX will always be one of those games that's timeless for me, and no matter when i play it, i feel like it'll age decently enough to where it'll be more than enjoyable and playable. the OST, the characters, the sidequests, everything altogether really makes for an amazing and memorable experience. n.n

I'm in agreement with you there. I'm a big fan of FFX. I go back to it every few years.

Cid

Years

Any of the old Pokémon games I grew up with, really. Gens 1-3. It takes me back to simpler times, and knowing the game inside and out helps in just enjoying the games for what they are. Challenges also keep things fresh.

I guess one other type of game that counts for this is any of the older Mario games. The way you can pick them up and play them without having to go through RPG elements, as well as just the familiarity, keeps me coming back. I guess that applies to any platformer one grows up with, not just Mario. But I like Super Mario.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Age of Empires II for sure!! I should pick up the new version on steam, really.

All the Sims expansions, the original first ones. Guilty pleasure.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 and 2, both are soooo satisfying.

Does LoL count as an old favorite too? d:

And of course the gem: Freelancer. It's such a clever game that it's still fun today some 16 years later.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Fallout 2
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Final Fantasy 6
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    Super Mario World
    Wind Waker
    A Link to the Past
    Pokemon G/S/C
    State of Decay

By old I assume we mean like, anything 2010ish and before

Last edited:

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
    Age of Empires II for sure!! I should pick up the new version on steam, really.

Definetly should! I love the updated graphics and QoL changes and it was worth 20 euros to me, though it might be off-putting for ANOTHER remake

Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 and 2, both are soooo satisfying.

I FORGOT ABOUT RCT, though havent played that endlessly like AoE/NFS, OpenRCT makes me want to sit down one day and do nothing but build a dream park

Back