• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I learned a lot of history by playing the campaigns of Age of Empires II: Age of Kings, haha. Quetzalcoatl being one of the things I learned about there.
    Did you ever figure out what Montezuma's nephew was seeing when he described an omen that appeared above the forest shaped like an ear of corn, seeming to bleed fire, drop by drop, like a wound in the sky? I was so stumped at that.

The blurbs before every single one of those campaigns (particularly Saladin, Montezuma, El Cid, and some of the Conquerors maps) were stunningly well-made. The sketch art with the Papyrus font accompanied by an appropriately-accented narrator made it so much fun to listen to~

My favorite Conquerors maps to play were Lepanto and the Korean map with Yi-Sun-Shin :3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I learned more history in English classes than I ever learned in history classes. It's so much easier to remember when it's all relevant to a beautiful piece of literature than when it's just...there.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    11th grade English Lit was like history class for me. I learned a lot more American History than in my actual American History class alone. xD And I learned more British History during my senior year than the course I took during my college freshman year lmao.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I learned more history in English classes than I ever learned in history classes. It's so much easier to remember when it's all relevant to a beautiful piece of literature than when it's just...there.
    The best history professor I ever had was an English major back in his day. Best English professor was a part-history double. The two flow together, I think. Context and stories; stories and context.

People think my English/Economics pair is strange, but then again, they've done me quite well together. It becomes so singularly-focused that sometimes we forget how well things can go together.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The best history professor I ever had was an English major back in his day. Best English professor was a part-history double. The two flow together, I think. Context and stories; stories and context.

People think my English/Economics pair is strange, but then again, they've done me quite well together. It becomes so singularly-focused that sometimes we forget how well things can go together.

I've got a bachelors degree in Law/Chemistry. Strange enough pair of areas?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I love history, in general and specifically the history of terrorism. I've taken several world/US history courses and never enjoyed them that much, but I really enjoyed classes that dived into the history of terrorism. I even wrote my thesis on its history and effects - one of my favorite times writing and it was my proudest work in college. :P

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I never really took a history class in high school. With the part of the school that I was in Freshmen weren't allowed to take history, and then the History teacher for Sophomores was the football coach so he was hardly ever there because he would always be talking to players and colleges and the English teacher didn't no jack squat about history so she couldn't do anything, and then my Junior year our History teacher was using her 3 years worth of paid vacation days to not go to school the whole year so we had a sub the entire school year, and our English teacher that was paired into that class was also the Spanish teacher so she was always too busy to do history.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    It's literally pouring every day here. Even in the night. And it's literally the start of August. Why so quick, weather? :/

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'd personally rather it be figuratively the start of August.

o___O

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I'd personally rather it be figuratively the start of August.

o___O
    In England, we get the most stupid weather pattern ever. Sunny one day, then rainy the next day. Looking at the weather now, the sun will be shining in a few days. Well at least that's my prediction. (Don't blame me if it's wrong ;o;)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I was teasing you over the fact that you said it's literally the start of August. As opposed to, you know, it figuratively being August. Metaphorical August? The August of the heart???

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    "In the beginning there was nothing, and then god looked down on the people and said 'let it be August'. And so it was, and it was ♥♥♥♥ and made everyone upset. "

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    I don't mind August, because I demand that everyone bows down to me, on my Birthday x) or perish in flames. Weather is nice. But it always manages to Rain :( on my birthday, jerk.

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
    Years
    People are wiggling out at the temperature fluxes once again. It was fairly cool last week, but now it's so humid you can hardly breathe. Just when they thought 'summer was over'

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Oh look, weather what a nice surprise!/s

Uh, its hot. 40 Celsius, humid as hell, and the damn mosquitoes have eaten me alive. Thankfully, its only been like this for a couple of weeks, the rest of the summer was really nice. It didn't hit 25 till mid June, and July was in the 30s. For a coastal Mediterranean city its like a miracle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back