• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • I like summer and winter, but I hate the freezing cold here in LA. The cold and wind combined makes for painful morning walks to the car. Summer here is also too hot. Right now it's about 103 F and climbing throughout the day. :(
    55 being the average low, how is that intolerable, even with windchill? If you add windchill to our winter lows it goes to around -20 to -30, so cold that it takes your body a few minutes to realize it. It'll be at dead zero and will feel as tolerable as if it was in the 40s until you spend about 5 minutes in it :P

Here in Colorado (and we're in a warmer part of the state), with how erratic our weather is you could easily get frostbite without adequate clothing well into May. For the past two years we've had massive snowstorms in April/May, and then it warms up and stays around in the 90s until October or November.

That's right. Snowdays when school is letting out. Go figure

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Being in the Midwest, 55 isn't cold at all! It's not very warm either, just chill. Anything under 45 is cold in my opinion. Anything between 56-75 is great warm weather. Anything above is too hot.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I just *scratches head*.

As a Californian, how do you guys wear shorts in 55 degree weather? Here, 55 degrees = scarves and jackets and earmuffs. xD

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • 55 being the average low, how is that intolerable, even with windchill? If you add windchill to our winter lows it goes to around -20 to -30, so cold that it takes your body a few minutes to realize it. It'll be at dead zero and will feel as tolerable as if it was in the 40s until you spend about 5 minutes in it :P

Here in Colorado (and we're in a warmer part of the state), with how erratic our weather is you could easily get frostbite without adequate clothing well into May. For the past two years we've had massive snowstorms in April/May, and then it warms up and stays around in the 90s until October or November.

That's right. Snowdays when school is letting out. Go figure

You are under the impression that we are used to 55 F weather normally, but we spend much of our summer in California at 100+ F, while the other months don't generally get much in the nice weather range. :P

My two years in San Francisco were much colder than down here in L.A., so I was used to the cold more there (shorts in the colder weathers sometimes). But now it's hot and the winds in California are absolutely bitter and stinging.

I just *scratches head*.

As a Californian, how do you guys wear shorts in 55 degree weather? Here, 55 degrees = scarves and jackets and earmuffs. xD

I love California weather for the most part, but sometimes these colds/heats are killer! :P At least to us sissy Californians. I'm sure we'd all die in midwest weather. Haha.

Also, my 6,000th post! Very cool. :D

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Everyone here complaining about 45-55F (7-13C).

And I'm just sitting here like, "Dude, six months of the year it's -20C (-4F), and with windchill can hit a staggering -40 or colder."

welcome-to-canada-funny-first-week-of-spring-snow.jpg

Manitoba hit around -54C this year. That's -65F.

Your boogers drip and freeze in midair. It's hilarious. Your eyes glaze over, too, and your eyelashes freeze.

This winter, we got over 70cm of snow over four days (about 2 1/2 feet). It was bull. Plus whiteouts, drifts and more, more snow.

Also, weather extremes?

That ♥♥♥♥fest of a winter, and in summer our humidex can hit 113F (45C). Without the humidity, it's a dry 86F (30C), but humidity is even worse. Makes you all wet and gross and keeps your skin from breathing.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I just *scratches head*.

That's me pretty much, only being from Florida and not California. Even in the summertime, if it gets below 70° here that's cold :P

Years
  • Here in Texas anything below 60 is considered cold, haha. I actually like the winter though, it's nice. Maybe it's because sweaters are adorable?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Here in Texas anything below 60 is considered cold, haha. I actually like the winter though, it's nice. Maybe it's because sweaters are adorable?

I always miss the fashion of the other season. In winter I missed my cute skirts and tank tops. Now I miss leggings and boots. :(

Sir Codin

I wear nothing except T-shirts and jeans. Cold weather. It's just cold, deal with it. Hot weather? It's just heat, deal with it.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Winter is normally my favorite season, but this year we never got a winter at all. Too much rain at temperatures averaging 9'c. When it comes to around November-January time, I want some snow, at least, not disappointing rain.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I like layers, so winter. But I do that during the summer too, just not to the extent that I do during the winter time.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I like layers, so winter. But I do that during the summer too, just not to the extent that I do during the winter time.

Layers in the Winter? In Jersey? How are you not a puddle right now, the humidity in the northeast has been suffocating. D:

Years
  • I can deal with heat, but humidity just makes everything feel gross and I lose all motivation to do anything productive outdoors, haha. Unfortunately, the two usually come together. :[

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Humidity is the worst ugh. Am I sorta weird for wishing it hailed a little more, though? I think I've only experienced it once in my life, and I have to say that it was quite awesome, albeit scary.

is this what it feels like for people who've never seen snow?

Lust

Ubersexual
    Years
  • Hello all. Anyone still remember me? If so, what was your username and/or name. I don't remember many usernames but I remember names. I stumbled on this site tonight when I was going through some old folders on my old computer...hope you're all doing great. I'm sorry if I forgot anyone, but the people I remember are:

Alex, Ty, Paige, Gian, Jorge, and I feel bad for saying but that's about it.I might remember more usernames. Are any of you still around?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Hello all. Anyone still remember me? If so, what was your username and/or name. I don't remember many usernames but I remember names. I stumbled on this site tonight when I was going through some old folders on my old computer...hope you're all doing great. I'm sorry if I forgot anyone, but the people I remember are:

Alex, Ty, Paige, Gian, Jorge, and I feel bad for saying but that's about it.I might remember more usernames. Are any of you still around?

If it's been a month or more since you last came, you can always make a welcome back thread in "The Welcome Lounge"! You're more likely to get a viable response there than here, especially cause, with the exception of Alex (which is itself a really vague name), I don't know any of those people, at least here in General Chat.

Years
  • lol at reminding The Welcome Lounge exists.

But hey welcome back Lust! Make sure you do stop by and re-introduce yourself when you can.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back