• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Operation: Steven Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    There is a class where you have to go out and watch how a professor teaches the class while you take notes, but it's only available during Fall semesters.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I wanted to find a career that doesn't require me to leave my hometown onto another residence, and teaching was one of those careers. I originally planned to be an English teacher, but because I always stutter due to speaking fast, I went with becoming a math teacher instead.

I plan to try that class out next fall.

Sirfetch’d

hi i'm back B) hope u nerds are ready for next month

I don't think they are ready, Larry D:

Also welcome back my partner in crime <333

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
    Ahh, I gotcha. Lol, I'm the opposite, I like my town, but I want to live somewhere new, somewhere fresh.

Math is a pretty cool subject, is there any particular part of math you want to teach? (although if you're teaching middle schoolers, then I doubt it'd be anything specific beyond algebra or geometry in 8th grade)

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    All I want in a career is to be a white hat hacker; basically one of the coolest things anyone can do, imo.
    :B

It's still really easy, fun, and profitable to just be consumer IT. Funny how everything I know I've just kind of picked up, huh?

Part of me commandeering this beast of a laptop means I've lost my hook into my client pool. So I need to see what I can do about finding clients again. In the meantime, this computer is amazing!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Ahh, I gotcha. Lol, I'm the opposite, I like my town, but I want to live somewhere new, somewhere fresh.

Math is a pretty cool subject, is there any particular part of math you want to teach? (although if you're teaching middle schoolers, then I doubt it'd be anything specific beyond algebra or geometry in 8th grade)

I plan to teach math in college, because lecturing for 6-7 different math periods in middle school and high school a day may not be good for my throat.

Years
    This is about careers for life, right? Right now I want to get a job at Dunkin Donuts. Not a career but still work, right? But I am no good with people and I am really nervous and anxiety filled. *sigh* I really need and want the money though.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Aren't you forced to get a job like Dunkin Donuts if you fail to complete some form of C.A.T. test in your high school?

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
    I plan to teach math in college, because lecturing for 6-7 different math periods in middle school and high school a day may not be good for my throat.

Ahh, I see, I see. Lmao yeah, unfortunately even working in highschool will damage your throat, especially if you're teaching on-level courses.

That's a really cool career though, most people I know either wouldn't have the patience or desire to be in a teaching position. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I kinda, sorta want to be a technology professor. That'll be a cool job, and with the degree I'm going to get next year, that'll help me a lot.

For now I'm building my career with a tech support job...which I am starting real soon. :D

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    oof tech support.

good luck out there Megan, they can be vicious.

Sirfetch’d

Sounds like both an exciting yet infuriating job Megs. I believe in you though n_n

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Eh, all should be good! I got buddies in the field. It can be painful at first, but then again you could actually learn a lot in terms of technology. Pay will be awesome though. ;D

Hopefully the end users I'll deal with won't be as bad as my parents when it comes to asking me computer questions. >_<

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Since I made my career decision, tech support is something I think about with a real frequency.

My cousin's boyfriend does tech support for Apple through Xerox. And you know, he's a total workaholic about it. He's making quite the lump sum working there and boasted $27/hour holiday pay with loads of overtime to me, so... I really don't think it's all that bad.

To me though it's a real no-brainer. You go in, you help them with their problem, and you're done. Watch their voices and/or faces light up afterward, or if they're pissy watch them cower back into their little corner of ignorance after you're done. Even though I have anxiety there's no reason I have to let any of that get to me. They're strangers, it's never anything personal. Right?

I can't wait to start working in and around my field. There's all sorts of fresh, new businesses around Raleigh here, I'm sure getting a job would be easily do-able even without my AAS that I'll be getting. And I'll still bank. :P

I think missing out on the $150 I would have made fixing this notebook I commandeered is really generous, as I'd apprasie it at about $600-$700 personally.

Bay

Years
    I found this article I've read a long time ago that made me more cautious about my health, especially regarding brushing, and I wonder what you guys think whether this is legit research: https://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-...abits-that-may-do-more-harm-than-good?refid=8

According to some of the comments, some of the research probably doesn't add up? Usually these kind of articles I'm unsure whether to believe the research or not, but from what I heard they often aren't legit. Someone else here will probably know better than me.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    IT has become so incredibly easy for me that sometimes I fear normal people will start learning its ins and outs and cut out my usefulness as an IT Pro :_:

What's even more fun is software development, though. It is just an absolute blast once you have an idea of what you want to make! Thank PC's ROM hacking scene for giving my development projects rhyme, reason, and purpose. I'm going to make something great, you give me a little bit. Juuust watch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back