• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other forums

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Do anyone of you use other forums? And how do others forums compare to here?

I don't use reddit anymore after how repetitive and predictable and circlejerky the forums became. I really don't like how 99.999999% of the users on there are nearly all fake hive mind like people, it shows how bad reddit is now and how most people through a medium can become a mindless mob

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
We are the BorgMob. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own hostile anyone who thinks differently. Resistance is futile.

But yeah I've been on other forums, just nothing worthy of note.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I'm on a lot of proboards forums: Mostly with names relating to Korrina (and always having an avatar of her on them too).

So if you see a Korrina fan on any proboard forum you're a member of, especially if said Korrina fan claim's to be a girly girl, either somewhere in her profile or in some posts of hers, and of course if the person mentions in their profile or posts in general having A CRUSH ON HER, you can be sure that person is probably me xD

EDIT: Of all forums i'm on right now this one is probably my favorite xD Nice, peaceful, fun group on here :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I used to be a member of quite a few forums. I remember TalkNaruto was my first, and I really enjoyed that community. It was my favorite (before I joined PC :P) Sadly it is no longer around. I lost interest in the series anyway, but would still love to visit it again.

I was a member of Mount Moon which I don't think is around anymore either. Some other anime/manga ones not worth mentioning due to them dying off / shutting down as well.

PC is really the only forum I use nowadays.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
One forum I used to go on last year now is like a drama pit, and I really dislike drama, so I don't go near there now (even though it was an awesome place last year). Also it could cause a scene if I mention the name of that forum. I have my reasons behind this, so don't even bother asking about it :P

On a lot of forums I went on in the past, "Jirachu" was actually a very common screen name I would use. Often i'd add "MilleniumPika" at the end of my name too. Back during those days I was not a Korrina fangirl yet though lol Or even much into girls in general o.o;

I used to be famous as an Ash Ketchum fangirl, really. Even now, he may be part of why I like Korrina so much, even though i've outgrown him pretty much and defenetly have more hearts for Korrina now overall. But, yeah, her bond with Lucario in the anime is like Ash's with Pikachu's xD Also theres some similarities in personality. Though Korrina is probably a lot older than Ash. It feels weird to me when people ship them....O___o;

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
I am an acutely active member of Pokemon Crossroads (PXR), formerly known as PokemonElite2000 (PE2K). However, as of late, activity has been minuscule, and the place has been giving off a vastly different vibe since PXR's inception, so... I am a bit of a crossroads with this ordeal, as I am trying to be more active in the forum space for myriad of reasons after ~10 years of hiatus.

I have been a member of GameFAQs & reddit forums, but, as some of you have already mentioned, the communities on there have become stale & hive-mind/cult-like (just like Smogon overall). I also signed up for Serebii, but primarily for requesting wi-fi battle requests.

Last edited:
Years
I am on other forums but none are as well done as this one, especially when there's no customising themes etc.

Lots of drama on one, trolls on another.

Years
I don't actually remember if i had joined a forum before this one, i think pc has been the forum that i met so many nice people than others, sure i first joined youtube and facebook before i joined this one but they don't count as forums so.

Years
I'm only really active on two forums although I'm a member of two more sites that happen to have attached forums I never use.

TY

I can barely be active here let alone be somewhere else xD

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
There's one other forum I've been on way longer than this. Certain aspects made me less interested. It's always been hostile, but there isn't any self awareness. They attack any new user, then complain about the large decline in activity.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I am an acutely active member of Pokemon Crossroads (PXR), formerly known as PokemonElite2000 (PE2K).
Wow. I have not thought of PE2K in years. In my times of remembering Pokemon forums, that one that always slips my mind.

The only other forums that I tend to post on other than this one is Lake Valor and Reddit (though I'm not used to Reddit being called a "forum"). I still sign into Serebii, but rarely post. Back a few years ago, I used to read a lot of forums as a guest. Only one I have plans to sign up for to change that is WithTheWill.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Used to go on a forum named Ever Grande City/Slateport City. And many other forums, which are dead. I occasionally poke at Pokemon Crossroads, Lake Valor and a small forum known as Otaku Plaza, but that's it, really. I usually just go on Twitter or here.

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
Wow. I have not thought of PE2K in years. In my times of remembering Pokemon forums, that one that always slips my mind.
I don't blame on you this sentiment. Same thing happened to me until recently, when I was looking for (and still am) avenues to post wi-fi battle requests.

Though, I would say you're not missing out too much. Like I said before, the place seems to be like one of the walking dead, and has a vastly different vibe than when PXR was still PE2K.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i go on a lot of proboards forums. most of them are just general talk forums. i also go on sonic blast (renamed to sonic hq i think?) and lake valor (not very often though). i also go on ssmb which is sonic stadium. that's all i can really think of. any other forums i used to go on i just stopped go on, or they died out.

Years
PC and LV nowadays, that's it. Can't get adjusted to any other site. I will never post somewhere if the username Sheep is taken too, since it feels wrong to use another name ):

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Not currently, when I was really into Skyrim I was on skyrimforums.org, and when I was really into Animal Crossing I joined BellTreeForums to trade items and villagers.

On SkyrimForums, there actually was a community similar to the one here, albeit on a smaller scale - I made several friends there as well that I added to Skype at the time (Discord wasn't a thing) and spoke to regularly. BellTreeForums I just treated mostly as a way to get the things I want in game. It was a great way to find certain items and villagers, and they had a pretty efficient, self-regulated trading system.

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
Can't get adjusted to any other site.
Are you your Admin status does not come into account here? :tongue-poke:

On a more serious note, this is also a problem for me (though probably on a lesser scale)---especially if a community does not give room for more philosophical discussions.

I will never post somewhere if the username Sheep is taken too, since it feels wrong to use another name ):
I would imagine having to keep in track of multiple usernames could take up quite a bit of bandwidth as well (let alone passwords), assuming that's another reason for your consistency.

Years
I pretty much only frequent two forums these days.

I lurk on others, but I don't really post frequently on them due to lack of time, unfortunately.

Back