• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] pack of potatoes

Years
  • pack of potatoes

discuss
    (what do you think this does/is for)

Last edited:

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    It seems as though you make curry to raise friendliness and stats so, I for one am super excited to see this new possible crafting/cooking mechanic.
    (And to finally see food made out of something other than just berries)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    to evolve the new potato Pokemon

it has to be holding the Pack of Potatoes, be level 30+, and you have to trade it while your Switch is sitting inside a pot

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • It's for the game's equivalent of McDonald's, where you'll occasionally have to go out to find ingredients when they run low. In this case, it's potatoes for french fries. My dad's son's father works for the localization team, so I can confirm this.

lmao nah but for real tho, I think it has to do with that whole making curry thing, and that's just one of the ingredients you can use.

Years
  • looks like they took more than a page or two from breath of the wild if Game Freak is going the route of a cooking system of some sort.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    My guess is that cooking will be a factor in these games. Since Ingredients are a thing it'll be out new way to cook up food for out pokemon to possible raise friendship/happiness and all that. Or it can purely be used to feed pokemon in the next affection-based game.

Last edited:

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
  • I think it should be pretty obvious that you peel potatoes to reveal a new Pokémon hidden within. Burmy hides in leaves. Jirachi hides in a meteorite. There's clearly a sentient being hiding within that sack o' taters.

I'm giving my Tatorian an eviolite with hyper beam.

Last edited:
    Back