• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

people you’re surprised are still alive

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    jimmy carter had terminal brain cancer like three or four years ago and yet he managed to snatch breathless bush's longest lived president title a week ago

that man is dead serious about outliving guinea worm

Years
    I would like to say queen lizzie but......I think we know at this point why she's still alive and kicking.

Prince Phillip however...........if nothing else how has he not been in a fatal car crash

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    First person that comes to mind for me is Mel Brooks. He was ancient when he made Blazing Saddles and Spaceballs and its been 30+ years on both. How is he not dead already? John Madden is another person that comes to mind because when he was hired in 1967 to coach the Raiders, he was 36. That means he's pushing 88 right now and while I miss him on TV as the color commentator, you'd think he would have kicked the bucket as well. I mean his brother in arms in Pat Summerall passed away before he did and he's not much older than Madden. Finally there's George Lucas who's now 74(yes 74) and has had Heart issues in the past. How he hasn't kicked the bucket yet I'll never know.

Three things will happen to the above people though:

1) Spaceballs parody for Mel Brooks when he kicks the bucket
    2) NFL will honor Madden with something since you can argue he helped make Electronic Arts a staple in the Gaming Industry. Perhaps renaming the Coach of the Year award after him?
    3) There will be a Stormtrooper Military parade when Lucas dies. Mark my words, it will happen.

Years
    I was surprised that John McCain's mother was still alive, she has survived an 81 year old son. She has also outlived our former first ladies Barbara Bush and Nancy Reagan, who passed away at ages 92 and 94 respectively. Mrs Roberta McCain is 107 years old, and looks very good for her age.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    hmm

Betty White comes to mind. then again, she might outlive us all. lmfao. Other than that, Beverley Cleary. I heard she turned 106 yesterday. Didn't know people still lived past 100 these days in this type of climate/world.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    there's a guy at work who's had like multiple open-heart surgeries or something and is in his 80s who I wonder how he's still alive doing this job

like, the question isn't "when is he going to retire" but more "when am I going to find him dead at work"

I was surprised that John McCain's mother was still alive, she has survived an 81 year old son. She has also outlived our former first ladies Barbara Bush and Nancy Reagan, who passed away at ages 92 and 94 respectively. Mrs Roberta McCain is 107 years old, and looks very good for her age.

But this comes to mind too. Roberta McCain is legit older than the state her son was a senator for by like a week

Years
    hmm

Betty White comes to mind. then again, she might outlive us all. lmfao. Other than that, Beverley Cleary. I heard she turned 106 yesterday. Didn't know people still lived past 100 these days in this type of climate/world.

People are living longer than ever these days. Modern medicine is amazing.

Her

Years
    • Seen today

you know what's absolutely nuts

she is LITERALLY older than arizona

Guest123_x1

Here's another noteworthy person that I'm surprised is still living: Doc Severinsen, who led the NBC Orchestra on Johnny Carson's edition of The Tonight Show from 1967 until Carson's retirement in May 1992 (though he started on The Tonight Show when Carson began hosting in October 1962 - at that point, the band was under the direction of Skitch Henderson).

Years
    Ozzy and Keith aren't old by comparison but you'd think their lifestyles would have caught up to them.
    Jimmy Carter is 94, its amazing he's pretty healthy after brain cancer.

Years
    Can I just say me?
    I've nearly died 2-4 times in the past four years depending on how likely it was that those zaps would actually have killed me lmao

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    How tf is Steven Tyler still alive??? I mean I know he's only 71 and compared to others in this thread that ain't much but we all know that man is on borrowed time.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    I was surprised to hear that Mary Ward (an Australian actress who appeared in Prisoner: Cell Block H from 1979 - 1981) is still alive, especially since she was an older cast member at the time and the fact that she was always around smokers.

I'm glad she's still alive, though.

Back