• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Picky Eater

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Not particularly. I guess my diet/lifestyle is "picky" in its own right, and I have a couple food intolerances where I HAVE to avoid certain foods, but I'm not overly picky. I eat many different kinds of fruits, vegetables, grains, and beans, including some of the classics that people don't like: Brussels sprouts, broccoli, spinach, canned beans.

There are a few that I've tried that I just don't like: oatmeal, parsnips, asparagus, some of the "exotic" fruits like dragon fruit, tofu (I also developed an intolerance to soy recently), cauliflower, brown rice, OKRA >:((((, and most coconut. But there are plenty of foods I love like lentils, bananas, mushrooms, I will sit down and eat an entire veggie platter by myself, please give me more savory sweet potatoes I love them

Brief edit: when I did eat meat and all that, I couldn't stand steak regardless of how it was cooked, American plastic I mean cheese, most fish and shellfish excluding crab and shrimp, or skim milk. Seriously, what absolute genius invented that crap anyway it was just water with white food coloring in it

Bay

Years
    I admit for a while I've been picky with several vegetables like peppers and onions, but then I learned to tolerate them if they're cooked/cut a certain way. I think the main foods I still won't eat are beansprouts and certain types of onions.

Years
    Very much so. There's a lot of food out there that I love, but there's also a lot that I absolutely cannot stand. Having to be careful with food for health reasons on top of that just adds an extra layer.

Not massively, I think? There are some things I really refuse to try (like most seafood like clams, oysters, squid etc) but everyone has something like that and I don't have the longest list. Am pickier with smaller ingredients more so than foods themselves - I don't like my food salted too much, prefer specific oils being used to reduce/cut out any partially hydrogenated oil intake, and don't like things that are too greasy for example. But not enough to make me not be able to eat at any restaurant due to my restrictions, nothing would fit otherwise lol. I also tend to get bored of certain foods fast and stop having them for months or even years… this one doesn't happen often either though. Phew. Recent examples include oven pies, no interest in them anymore as of a couple of years ago.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Probably. For one, I don't like that many soups. I honestly have no idea what soup I even like.

Years
    I'm not picky about trying out foods. I'll try almost everything.
    Once I know I don't like it though... well if its something I find disgusting I will absolutely refuse to eat it =p

Years
    I can eat the same food over and over for months at a time without getting bored of it lmao. It's not that I'm averse to trying new things, just that, when given a choice, I will always gravitate to food that I already know is delicious. Less risk, and thus it's always money well spent :3

Years
    The only food I refuse to eat, full stop, is onions.
    Everyone around me treats this like it's the worst thing to happen to them.

Years
    I don't think I'm that picky, but I don't like tomatoes in salads and such. When I was younger the acid from them would irritate my tongue so I've hardly eaten them in years. I don't know if it still does that.
    I'm also weird with cheese- I absolutely hate cheese on sandwiches and salad. I will pick that sad, cold slice of cheese off my sandwich... and if there's cheese in the salad well I'm not picking out the shreds so I just have to suck it up. I don't like eating straight up cheese most of the time. Sometimes I like melted shredded cheese on things but it depends on the food. I don't bother putting it on half the time anyway. I will happily eat shredded cheese out of the bag though.
    American cheese is a disgrace to cheese.

Back