• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • I'm so happy right now! I'm gonna play it right away! :D
    I'm glad you are! Thank you!

This is probably the only Hack outside Sideshow Showcase that caught my interest so far. Will definitely try it out.

Question, have you given opposing trainers EVs/IVs/Natures? If not, do you plan on doing it in the future?
    Thank you! I haven't give them EVs, though if I G3T is labelled correctly, they do have IVs. I may, in the future, implement the hack by DoesntKnowHowToPlay to give them EVs.

Completed the game up to the strength rocks, and man does this hack feel well made. It feels like a natural pokemon game, unlike some other hacks with extremely weird and player-centric stories. I like the new type icons. Really want this to be done soon.

Anyway, a couple of bugs to report.

If you faint in the art museum, you dont have to rebattle the trainers or pay the fee.

And this.
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Thank you! I've fixed all of those things now, so you can redownload and they should all be fixed (as well as a few other small bugs I noticed while playing through just now). I haven't tested the Aerlic Art Museum thing though, so if someone could double-check for me it would be appreciated.

Years
  • My ralts tried to learn some nameless move at level 17..It had no name , no pps and no description. Idk how to post screenshot through mobile. Fix it plz
    Ah, that was an oversight of mine. I've fixed it, so if you redownload and patch on a new clean ROM, that won't happen again. Unfortunately, you'll be stuck with that move on your Ralts for a while, at least until it tries to learn a new move at which point you can replace that (it learns Magical Leaf at Level 21). My apologies!

Yay! I'm gonna have some fun with this XD Congrats on Beta 1 :D

woohoo 700th post
    Thank you!

Just to reiterate, the bug sharathbhat pointed out will reoccur if you don't redownload the patch, patch a clean FireRed ROM and play with that instead: your save files will remain compatible, so it won't have an effect there either (or at least it shouldn't). Sorry for the inconvenience!

Years
  • Just "finished" the game, liked the game.
    The story,features,ideas are awesome!
    Here are some errors/bugs.

https://imgur.com/5qxwVx5 (wrong movements)
    https://imgur.com/zLG416h (when i used town map)
    Dusty tome has weird text when you use it.
    When you give the tome and the screen turns white in the event with the grandma-lady, the pokeball which is down and right goes a bit up(?).
    Redwood card has weird text when you use it.
    Also a little tip, i think there are TOO much free items such as potion,revive,ether etc.. xD so i recommend you to decrease the amount of them. :P

Good luck on beta 2!

Years
  • No problem. I didn't make it learn. Anyways finished beta with monferno(19)/kirlia(20)/Drilburr(16)/Dwebble(16)/Oddish(15)/Bergmite(16).. Its super.. Can't wait for next beta.. :). Good luck

Years
  • Just "finished" the game, liked the game.
    The story,features,ideas are awesome!
    Here are some errors/bugs.

https://imgur.com/5qxwVx5 (wrong movements)
    https://imgur.com/zLG416h (when i used town map)
    Dusty tome has weird text when you use it.
    When you give the tome and the screen turns white in the event with the grandma-lady, the pokeball which is down and right goes a bit up(?).
    Redwood card has weird text when you use it.
    Also a little tip, i think there are TOO much free items such as potion,revive,ether etc.. xD so i recommend you to decrease the amount of them. :P

Good luck on beta 2!
    Thanks! I've fixed the movement permission bug. I can't seem to replicate the Town Map bug, but, as it says in the README.txt file, I haven't touched it yet so that doesn't really matter at the moment. The "weird text" when you try to use those items was fixed a while back. Your comment about the items might be true, and I might scale it down in future releases, but for now I'll leave it as it is. Thanks for playing!

No problem. I didn't make it learn. Anyways finished beta with monferno(19)/kirlia(20)/Drilburr(16)/Dwebble(16)/Oddish(15)/Bergmite(16).. Its super.. Can't wait for next beta.. :). Good luck
    Nice team! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thank you!

Edit: If anyone tried to get Gaia to work with No$GBA or flash carts and it failed to boot, please redownload; it works now!

Last edited:

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • This was a really entertaining beta, and I'm excited for more! My team right now is Monferno, Loudred, Gastly, Makuhita, and Aron. I did a pretty thorough test, talking to everyone and going everywhere I could (minus the Art Institute because I spent all my money on Poke Balls) and have a few bugs, typos, and possible oversights to report.

Spoiler:

I also found a shiny Taillow, but had no Poke Balls at the time. Talk about frustrating! Speaking of Pokemon, I liked the variety you included right from the get-go. I find that that's difficult to do right, but you pulled it off really well here.

Seriously though, this was a great beta. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    Played through the beta. I liked it, Deokishisu has pointed out most of the errors I guess, one that I noticed was that, in Pheona(?) city, there is one tile on bottom left part of the map which you can't walk on, but you should be able to walk on.

Also, you probably want to sell Antidotes in the first few Poke Centers, really annoying to get poisoned by those Spinarak's and don't have antidote.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • Dat Lv 80 Meganium :>
    I'm really enjoying the game so far. Keep up the great work!
    Team at end of the beta:
    - Woobat Lv. 29 owo
    - Piplup Lv. 15
    - Cryogonal Lv. 15

Last edited:
    Years
  • Got all excited and dowloaded this, but
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Let me see if I can help...
    Correct me if I'm wrong...
    Use a BPRE Fire Red ROM, maybe from coolrom.
    Note: You can't post links to ROMs, so...
    Then patch again...
    'Cause I downloaded mine from coolrom...
    Try that...
    Tell me if it worked...

Years
  • its not the rom. lunar can't even read the ips file

the problem is not the patcher i think because i already had my own lunar IPS which i use for years and it still didnt work.

i think something is wrong with the IPS file

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
    Years
  • it's only been 5 minutes since i started Playing Gaia & I'm Already Enjoying it ...
    Keep it Up , Ice
    its not the rom. lunar can't even read the ips file

the problem is not the patcher i think because i already had my own lunar IPS which i use for years and it still didnt work.

i think something is wrong with the IPS file
    that Strange i was able Patch it Correctly,Are you sure That you are Using a Clean Firered USA rom? or Maybe A problem with the Downloaded Patch

Last edited:
    Years
  • This was a really entertaining beta, and I'm excited for more! My team right now is Monferno, Loudred, Gastly, Makuhita, and Aron. I did a pretty thorough test, talking to everyone and going everywhere I could (minus the Art Institute because I spent all my money on Poke Balls) and have a few bugs, typos, and possible oversights to report.

Spoiler:

I also found a shiny Taillow, but had no Poke Balls at the time. Talk about frustrating! Speaking of Pokemon, I liked the variety you included right from the get-go. I find that that's difficult to do right, but you pulled it off really well here.

Seriously though, this was a great beta. Keep up the good work!
    Thank you so much! That bug report is massively appreciated, I've already made a majority of the changes (you can see them for yourself if you redownload and repatch). I'm glad you enjoyed the beta!

Played through the beta. I liked it, Deokishisu has pointed out most of the errors I guess, one that I noticed was that, in Pheona(?) city, there is one tile on bottom left part of the map which you can't walk on, but you should be able to walk on.

Also, you probably want to sell Antidotes in the first few Poke Centers, really annoying to get poisoned by those Spinarak's and don't have antidote.
    Thank you! I've fixed that tile error, and I have taken that comment on board, and altered the Marts' stocking system slightly.

Dat Lv 80 Meganium :>
    I'm really enjoying the game so far. Keep up the great work!
    Team at end of the beta:
    - Woobat Lv. 29 owo
    - Piplup Lv. 15
    - Cryogonal Lv. 15
    Level 80 Meganium?

That's a cool team (g-get it because of the penguin and snowflake hahaha I'm a comedian). Thanks for playing!

Got all excited and dowloaded this, but
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Hm, that's weird. Try downloading it again, and trying that patch?

Cant go here:
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Yeah, mamamama pointed that out: fixed!

it's only been 5 minutes since i started Playing Gaia & I'm Already Enjoying it ...
    Keep it Up , Ice
    Thank you, I will!

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
    Years
  • Whoa A Release, But I'm Currently On Fluorite. But Whatever, I'll Play It Afterwards. I Reallly Like The Unique Story And Idea Pal, Ancient Civilization Hack Like No Other Lol, Congrats To The Positive Feedbacks :-D

Back