• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Vega (and Altair/Sirius) - English Version

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    To be clear, I followed your instructions and changed "2D D1" to "00 00" at 0x78AC8. The ROM still crashes on no$gba.

Weird. I, just now, reapplied your patch on vanilla BPRE 1.0, and changed that instruction and it worked on both no$gba/mgba.
    What's SHA-1 of your ROM after doing the modification? Mine is below:
    Code:
    14445af67e991d1f6c71bf4461f0c5cc08b3f55d  pokevega.gba

Last edited:

Illyasviel

video game hustler
    Years
  • I first want to say that I'm replaying this game in English (Vega Minus) and I'm really impressed with the translation. In particular, I like how Team Dark Hole's name was handled -- it was both clever and entertaining.
    Anyways, I noticed that when I use Surf in a Double Battle, and my partner has Water Absorb, it instead works as if my partner had Storm Drain. In other words, in targets my partner and only them, who drains the entire move and spares my opponents.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2022
    Weird. I, just now, reapplied your patch on vanilla BPRE 1.0, and changed that instruction and it worked on both no$gba/mgba.
    What's SHA-1 of your ROM after doing the modification? Mine is below:
    Code:
    14445af67e991d1f6c71bf4461f0c5cc08b3f55d  pokevega.gba
    It turns out I was using the wrong version of no$gba. Your fix works. However, I can't implement it into the patch just yet because the Nasty Plot/Amnesia crash is still occurring. In my opinion, a crash 20 hours in is actively worse than just letting the player know immediately that the ROM's not working with their emulator. I did temporarily edit the OP, though.

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It turns out I was using the wrong version of no$gba. Your fix works. However, I can't implement it into the patch just yet because the Nasty Plot/Amnesia crash is still occurring. In my opinion, a crash 20 hours in is actively worse than just letting the player know immediately that the ROM's not working with their emulator. I did temporarily edit the OP, though.

You will have to check all the pointers at 0x8078A94 to get a 'prettier' fix for the titlescreen. (3 of those are uncompressed palettes, but should easy to tell them apart because of LZ77 header)
    It's very possible that multiple entries points to invalid LZ77 header.

For nasty plot idk, but usually it's also some problems with related graphics or the move animation/effect script.

Last edited:

Z H

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2021
    Hey I have a problem with the 3rd final puzzle in the sphere ruins where you have to walk in the correct order or you'll fall in the holes, I've watched lets plays and have gotten to the last tile where i'm supposed to be able to move right and down but instead it pushes me into the hole, is this a bug or did i miss something before it?

sz

Years
  • Hey I have a problem with the 3rd final puzzle in the sphere ruins where you have to walk in the correct order or you'll fall in the holes, I've watched lets plays and have gotten to the last tile where i'm supposed to be able to move right and down but instead it pushes me into the hole, is this a bug or did i miss something before it?

You missed something. Not 100% sure, but I think you still have to do the puzzle in which you have to run horizontally from one side to another, it needs an specific order.

Last edited:

Z H

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2021
    that helped alot, i got to asphere and its thanks to you much appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2022
    I´m stuck at Ravenplume Gym. i´ve already confront the two first trainers, and I fall everytime when aproach the third...
    Maybe a glitch... so now can I progress on this gym?
    I'm familiarized with the puzzle map of the gym

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen today
    dppinhal85 said:
    Yesterday at 9:55 AM

I´m stuck at Ravenplume Gym. i´ve already confront the two first trainers, and I fall everytime when aproach the third...
    Maybe a glitch... so now can I progress on this gym?
    I'm familiarized with the puzzle map of the gym
    Follow the path where the trainers are facing

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    going through altair atm (not sure which version, it just says english patched on the rom file) and i have a few questions.

1. the tower on route 211 below the desert, what's the purpose? i've spoken to the guy at the top but he disregards you and the lady who tells you about the checkpoints gives you a berry juice. is there anything else besides the lady selling berries to blend?

2. where do i find snalo? right now i'm in maulville before getting the third badge

3. any updates on deneb/procyon?

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen today
    br4ve_trave11er said:
    going through altair atm (not sure which version, it just says english patched on the rom file) and i have a few questions.

1. the tower on route 211 below the desert, what's the purpose? i've spoken to the guy at the top but he disregards you and the lady who tells you about the checkpoints gives you a berry juice. is there anything else besides the lady selling berries to blend?

2. where do i find snalo? right now i'm in maulville before getting the third badge

3. any updates on deneb/procyon?

1. If you complete the puzzle, you can get a munchlax

2. Route 119 and Route 120

3. Last update I know of was to the 6th gym quite some time ago, but I'm sure it's still in development

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen today
    Cfcboy1988 27 said:
    When is deneb and procyon completed and we want english translation
    No idea when they will be completed and Dr Akimbo will most likely start work on the translation when the completed game is released

Back