• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Minecraft Server - Join the fun!

Will you be a part of the PokeCommunity Minecraft experience?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 73 97.3%
  • Minecraft's for little kids, pfff no!

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    It was some one called SOULSANDER, they said they found the server on Planet Minecraft, but considering they knew the co-ordinates for the town center its unlikely.

The name was SOULGRINDER.

First thing I did, was gathered the most important items, then logged off so that they couldn't be stolen. I don't trust a name I don't recognize. As soon as the server is whitelisted, then I'll leave the items in a chest when I log off, but not before.

EDIT: I'm guessing the server's been taken down now?

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • The name was SOULGRINDER.

First thing I did, was gathered the most important items, then logged off so that they couldn't be stolen. I don't trust a name I don't recognize. As soon as the server is whitelisted, then I'll leave the items in a chest when I log off, but not before.

oh **** soulgrinder was on yesterday with us. claimed she was new to the server and needed some starting items. if thats the case tho penta i assume you have our iron and gold and stuff?

Years
  • The name was SOULGRINDER.

Sorry yes, that was her name

oh **** soulgrinder was on yesterday with us. claimed she was new to the server and needed some starting items. if thats the case tho penta i assume you have our iron and gold and stuff?

She said exactly the same thing when me and Penta was online last night (about 10 pm UK time)
    Said her name was Rebbecca.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • That's a shame. She seemed fairly nice, but was very shifty about telling those of us that were online where she got the IP. A whitelist really will help alleviate fears, since only those of us that post here with our Minecraft names will be able to get on and we can better monitor those individuals - but if there's a good group of us on there, I'll feel comfortable leaving my rare items in my chests. Until then, I'll continue collecting things up before I head off.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • yeah she... should probs be killed and kicked lmao or something bc i bet she still has our stuff on her. that aint right. i feel perfectly fine leaving my stuff around with pc people on but if randoms are showing up im gonna have to be building some secret vaults or something

Years
  • Well I don't have anything valuable to steal from my chest anymore :( since she stole my Iron, Gold ,lapis and most of my redstone. But I would rather be in a server were I can leave my stuff lying around with someone helping themselves.
    Then again it was probably only a matter of time before the griefers came along with the server being easy to get on, which ruins things as it been a great experience playing with everyone on PC so far (as it will continue to be when the servers back up).

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • mm. i dont think she went in the basement of mine and pentas place then because we still have our redstone... i dont know what could be done about getting the stuff back besides killing her and raiding wherever she keeps a chest.

but really i trust everyone from pc. as long as we create a whitelist it should be okay

Matthew

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    So, I'd like to join the server, but my account isn't working for some reason. I'm using my brother's at the moment (until I either get a new one or mine gets fixed). His username is ChaceLN. My Internet connection here is terrible so I have to wait until I get home to properly try it out. Is it possible that I test if there isn't lag now? I'd have to wait to return home for a better connection..

As for the problem above, why don't you enable PvP and start killing her every time she logs in? I'm sure she'll get bored eventually and leave. Or create a whitelist like suggested.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • So, I'd like to join the server, but my account isn't working for some reason. I'm using my brother's at the moment (until I either get a new one or mine gets fixed). His username is ChaceLN. My Internet connection here is terrible so I have to wait until I get home to properly try it out. Is it possible that I test if there isn't lag now? I'd have to wait to return home for a better connection..

The server is currently down for maintenance and tweaking, so right now, none of us can get on! :)

Matthew

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    The server is currently down for maintenance and tweaking, so right now, none of us can get on! :)

Ah, that's unfortunate.

Does the server run on 1.8 (snapshots) and regularly update to the latest release? Or does it still run off 1.7.X?

Matthew

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    Ok, good. Updating to the snapshots have caused corrupted chunks on servers, I heard. Thanks for replying.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • For anyone's who's currently wondering about what's going on behind the scenes, I'll give you a little update. For anyone who doesn't know, I've been backing up the server for the past few days since we started playing on our new + world, and thus when I tried to do a small update to the server thought I could just restore the server with the backups I have. However, when I went to go restore it, it restored the server to our previous world - the one in which I initially stated a few days ago got wiped out. I'm currently working on using each of the 7 backups that I currently have and see if any of them can work with our current world, but I'm a little pessimistic on this outcome.

The main thing I'm worried about at the moment is trying to do future updates. As many of you can probably expect, I'm not the brightest person when it comes to coding and updating plugins to make commands, whitelists, player restrictions, etc. As such, I've been spending the last few hours troubleshooting how to apply everything and make it work efficiently and effectively. It might take a day or two to get all of this working properly and up to date - I have to leave for work in about an hour and when I get back I'll continue to work on getting the server running properly. Tomorrow I'm visiting my girlfriend so I"ll be out of commission that entire day, so I'm going to do my best to get this good to go for tonight. If not, then Thursday.

Some of you are probably pissed off and rightfully so. I personally am. I'm going to keep working on it but I'm not too sure as what the outcome is going to be. Either way, thanks for being patient with this everyone.

Years
  • For anyone's who's currently wondering about what's going on behind the scenes, I'll give you a little update. For anyone who doesn't know, I've been backing up the server for the past few days since we started playing on our new + world, and thus when I tried to do a small update to the server thought I could just restore the server with the backups I have. However, when I went to go restore it, it restored the server to our previous world - the one in which I initially stated a few days ago got wiped out. I'm currently working on using each of the 7 backups that I currently have and see if any of them can work with our current world, but I'm a little pessimistic on this outcome.

The main thing I'm worried about at the moment is trying to do future updates. As many of you can probably expect, I'm not the brightest person when it comes to coding and updating plugins to make commands, whitelists, player restrictions, etc. As such, I've been spending the last few hours troubleshooting how to apply everything and make it work efficiently and effectively. It might take a day or two to get all of this working properly and up to date - I have to leave for work in about an hour and when I get back I'll continue to work on getting the server running properly. Tomorrow I'm visiting my girlfriend so I"ll be out of commission that entire day, so I'm going to do my best to get this good to go for tonight. If not, then Thursday.

Some of you are probably pissed off and rightfully so. I personally am. I'm going to keep working on it but I'm not too sure as what the outcome is going to be. Either way, thanks for being patient with this everyone.

No Probs Dracul, maybe as short term solution would be to take the IP address off the thread and anyone who wants to join must send a PM to someone who is already on the server for the IP?

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • Some of you are probably pissed off and rightfully so. I personally am. I'm going to keep working on it but I'm not too sure as what the outcome is going to be. Either way, thanks for being patient with this everyone.

Hey, don't sweat it. It's not a job, it's a hobby--and one for which we are grateful. If you can get it working then great, but if not it's nothing to lose sleep over.

Que sera, sera.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016

I do indeed. The minute I saw the name, the minute I took all of the iron, gold, diamond, even enchanted items, and logged off. Perfectly safe Anna.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Server management is really tough. I would honestly suggest, if you're struggling, to contact Jake or Tyler (Hiroshi Sotomura or Spectrum, respectively). They run/ran Craftrum, which functioned as PC's Minecraft server for years and know a lot about the management of servers, I'm sure.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Craftrum is still up for the time being. At least it would be a temporary move for now until they get the main server back up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back