• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Orange Islands

Years
  • Seen today
Just uploaded another new version with bugfixes and graphical improvements.
Can be found in the main post;)

Enjoy!

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
Just uploaded another new version with bugfixes and graphical improvements.
Can be found in the main post;)

Enjoy!

Lol i can't hold myself back any longer.. downloading and playing it! :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2020
Hi.
So, I'm not familiar with the anime but I wanted to play your game anyway because it looks great. I'm stuck (maybe?) *Spoiler Alert* What do I do on Tangelo Island after I talk to Tracy and he tells me that the 1st gym is North? I've talked to all the NPCs I could find, hoping to get Surf or something but all I got was the Miracle Seed.
Thanks.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2020
Was I supposed to not train my Lapras? Because it's moveset is currently: Water Gun, Body Slam, Sing & Mist. It's also at level 14...
What was/is supposed to happen? I'm guessing Lapras is supposed to have Surf instead of Water Gun maybe?

Years
  • Seen today
Was I supposed to not train my Lapras? Because it's moveset is currently: Water Gun, Body Slam, Sing & Mist. It's also at level 14...
What was/is supposed to happen? I'm guessing Lapras is supposed to have Surf instead of Water Gun maybe?

When you get Lapras at lvl 10 it already has Surf... It's also not possible to unlearn it without the move deleter. So I find this very strange...

Done anything notable in particular?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2020
I'm not sure if anything I've could count as notable. Could playing the game in Turbo mode maybe be the problem? Other than that, I'm just not sure... I tried deleting my save file and starting all over again just to be sure but I still wound up getting stuck at the same place. My Lapras didn't know Surf.
Maybe lets just wait until your next update/fix. If no one else makes the same report as mine until then, then I'll just keep trying to find a fix on my end. Maybe it's the ROM (I'm using the Squirrels one) or emulator (Visual Boy).

Years
  • Seen today
@DashFeenix

I just tried it out with Beta 4.2 to make sure and I can't replicate your problem. The only thing I could come up with is that there is something wrong with the base rom you're using (like you said). So I would advise to make sure you have a clean Fire Red 1.0 (Squirrels) ROM and patch the ROM by using the Beta 4.2 patch among with LunarIPS.

Please let me know if that worked;)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2020
Indeed the problem was my ROM base. Managed to fix it and I'm now able to continue with the game.
Thanks for the help.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
Happy to finally see a Pokemon orange islands game.
Will play this for sure.
Also good luck with completing this.
Just one question how do i fix a white screen glitch how do i fix it.
P.S. The file name has to be changed from having ips at the end to gba but this will cause the problem i am having

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Happy to finally see a Pokemon orange islands game.
Will play this for sure.
Also good luck with completing this.
Just one question how do i fix a white screen glitch how do i fix it.
P.S. The file name has to be changed from having ips at the end to gba but this will cause the problem i am having

The ips file is a patch, not a game. You have to apply the patch to a Firered 1.0 rom.

Years
  • Seen today
@ShadowBolt Platinum

You can enter it, find some items and catch some ghost pokemon there. No events take place though.

Years
Great work! A question, though, do you have the tilesets you used separate? I'm trying to make my own game in RMXP and I would need some of the tiles you used here (stadium, some trees, etc, not much though.)

Thanks!

Back