• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Celebration: #PrideMonth

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • idk if this should be tagged as the "celebration" tag or not, so if a mod or admin feels differently, feel free to tag this as such.

It's PrideMonth, is anyone here going to pride? To LGBT+ members here, how will you celebrate pride month? I'll celebrate....quietly and privately online since I don't have an outlet irl.

Last edited:
    Years
  • My better half and I are planning on going to quite a large pride event later this year. Amazingly we haven't been to one before despite being long-standing rainbow unicorn people.

The big problem with this plan is that I don't do well in crowds or even just interacting with people in general so that should be... fun. Not terrified at all... honestly.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    If I have the time and there is one going around I might see if my friend is interested in going. But otherwise I'll probably just be celebrating silently as well since they're really the only person I have when it comes to LGBT to celebrate with ahah.

Oh, th final episodes of our favorite show will be coming out this month so if anything we can celebrate a little with each other then since there's LGBT in that show that we're rooting for I think that works.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Pride parades aren't very common where I live given I live in a pretty conservative area. I plan to just celebrate with friends online and use the month as an excuse to draw my LGBT OCs more.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Yeah NJ doesn't do much in the way of pride month - we all relocate to NYC, for it, aha. But hell yes this is a celebration!

Personally, I'm celebrating my first year out to my immediate family. In-laws.. not so much, but.. one thing at a time. :)

Years
  • I'll celebrate....quietly and privately online since I don't have an outlet irl.

Haha, I feel that. Very few people irl know I'm bi. I'm sticking to retweeting Pride stuff on Twitter.

Also, since I'm in a college town, the Pride parade was a few months ago iirc. If we had a parade this month, it'd just be the townies attending, and there's no fun in that. :P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i just kinda post pride stuff and RT pride stuff on twitter. for whatever reason, even though june is pride month, georgia doesn't have any actual pride parade until october. i'm not good with crowds though and the way the US is i don't feel safe going to a large function like that knowing what it's for and living in this state. debbie downer i know lol

Years
  • I wish there was something like that in my town, but I checked and sadly there aren't any parades or festivals coming near my area. I'll be watching online for Pride celebrations you can bet though! If anyone has any ideas then I'd love to know ways that I can help spread love as an ally. Happy Pride month everyone!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well, Pride month is soon over. How did you celebrate? :)

Cid

Years
  • Idk how to celebrate since I'm not out yet but I hope being supportive of our cause behind the scenes throughout the month has been enough. My online presence has been pretty trigger-happy when it comes to sharing pro-LGBTQ stuff. Hope it has made even a small difference.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • The one in my city happened at the very beginning of the month and I wasn't even aware. Now that I have the support of my parents, it would have been easy to go. *sigh*

I got to go to my first Pride last year in my college town. Apparently that's today, but I don't live there anymore, so...

Years
  • I wouldn't have gotten to do anything because as I mentioned, pride month in my city isn't until October, so.... ;__;
    And weather would be the reason why. Across the bay, St. Petersburg holds their pride parade in March. Apparently I guess it's too hot in June for these events to happen in Florida :(

Years
  • And weather would be the reason why. Across the bay, St. Petersburg holds their pride parade in March. Apparently I guess it's too hot in June for these events to happen in Florida :(

Yeah that's fine with me. xD I don't think anyone would want to be outside in a parade in the middle of June/July in this awful weather ugh.

Back