• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Do you stop and fight every trainer along the way on your journey, or do you prefer to avoid trainer battles?

Of course! It wouldn't do to skip the valuable experience points, not to mention filling the Dex faster. I've made the mistake before though, and in the end I found it so much harder to defeat the gym leaders/Elite Four! I have the habit to save before a lot of trainer battles so I can reset and get a type advantage. xD;

Years
    The scores have been updated in the OP. You guys are doing awesome ^^

I've been interested in Pokemon Conquest too. I only just learned about it recently but it sounds really cool!

Oh man, what are you waiting for, punksaur! They're amazing games :D

Yeah!They are amazing games but getting one in India is pretty hard!Besides I dont have the money atm(classic excuse for not having somathing!rip)!

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Do you stop and fight every trainer along the way on your journey, or do you prefer to avoid trainer battles?

I battle every single trainer! It's free exp, so why not?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Yea, I fight all of them too. Though what sometimes ends up happening to me is I'll occasionally skip them when I need to get to a Pokemon Center, but never get around to going back to fight them. That's pretty rare, but it does happen to me from time to time haha

Question of the Day

If you could change, add, or remove one type match-up from the games, what would it be?​

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    If you could change, add, or remove one type match-up from the games, what would it be?

I think I would make Electric types weak to Rock types. They're only weak to ground, but another way to look at it is "earth ground", so Rocks. I have no idea how that would affect the chart, but it was always something I was curious about.

Years
    Question of the Day

If you could change, add, or remove one type match-up from the games, what would it be?​
    Remove Rock's weakness to Fighting-type moves. Try punching one and see why A lot of 'mons that carry this type also carry Ground, making them highly susceptible to Grass and Water (both of which are extremely common); other examples include Aggron and Magcargo, who suffer from multiple double-weaknesses. I just think it would balance out the games a bit better.

pkmin3033

If you could change, add, or remove one type match-up from the games, what would it be?

I'd swap the way Water types and Ice types interact. I mean, really. What happens when you expose water to cold temperatures? It turns into ice. What happens when you freeze most fish? They die. It has never made sense to me how Water-types can resist Ice-type moves and deal neutral damage to Ice-types when it really ought to be the other way around.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Question of the Day

Fairy-type moves shouldn't not be effective against Grass-types as the nymphs usually make their home in forests. It's a way to show they are under the green type. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Question of the Day

Make Bug Pokemon weak to Poison again. True, there are some bug species that can secrete poison, but it's lethal to most other insects, hence why Bug Pokemon were weak to Poison in the original games.

Years

I would make Electric super-effective on Steel, given metal conducts electricity. I just don't understand why they made it neutral damage, when they really try to stick to logical reasons behind most type matchups.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years

Steel super-effective against Dragon due to traditional western folklore of swords vs. dragons. Since many Dragon types can also learn fire attacks, it creates a nice image of pitting raw steel against dragons and the dragons retaliating with steel's weakness. In terms of Asian or Chinese dragons that are typically water-based, worshiped rather than fought, it'd make sense for Steel to become neutral at that point.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

I'd remove Ghost being resistant to Poison, that one just makes no sense and Poison needs a buff anyway.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

I'd swap the way Water types and Ice types interact. I mean, really. What happens when you expose water to cold temperatures? It turns into ice. What happens when you freeze most fish? They die. It has never made sense to me how Water-types can resist Ice-type moves and deal neutral damage to Ice-types when it really ought to be the other way around.

Freeze-Dry sort of addresses this, but yea, it is kinda weird that Water actually resists Ice -_-

This is a tough one for me to answer, myself. Competitive-wise, I think the type match-ups are pretty well balanced as they are, so I'm just gonna ignore competitive balance when answering this. But, I would make Rock resistant to Grass, because I've seen rocks sitting in grass, and it didn't look like the rocks were terribly damaged by it :P

Question of the Day

Suppose there were no Pokemon Centers in the games. How far do you think you'd make it into the game?(name a particular location in a particular game!)

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Suppose there were no Pokemon Centers in the games. How far do you think you'd make it into the game?(name a particular location in a particular game!)

I'd make it through just fine because Mom will take care of the healing. Or whichever friendly healer NPC I come across first. Or whichever non-Pokemon Center building/facility that has a PC so I can quick swap Pokemon in and out for instant recovery.

Or I'll just buy my way through everything by stocking up healing items. All those Ethers are finally useful! And any game that allows Rock Smashing for items, great! Smash all the rocks!

Combined with probably overleveling one or two Pokemon to sweep everything, even if one unfortunate member faints, there's always Revive. Everything would be just fine.

Now if we're talking Nuzlockes, slightly different story... but still nothing precaution, grinding and recovery items/moves can't solve. Could just teach everyone Rest and fight Magikarps to heal up. Worst comes to worst (like if you run out of PP), you walk all the way home to Mom or the nearest healer NPC.

MOM IS FINALLY USEFUL!

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Suppose there were no Pokemon Centers in the games. How far do you think you'd make it into the game?

I wouldn't make it past Viridian Forest.

I am the kind of player that is constantly going back to the Pokémon Center, and I just know I wouldn't make it very far without one.

Years
    Question of the Day

It depends on the starter I'm using. With Torchic, I can see myself making it to Rustboro in Emerald through type advantage, then getting thrashed at the Gym. With Mudkip, I'll probably lose at the first Lass with the Shroomish xD

I'm similar to Masquerade in that I like to run back and forth to and from the Pokemon Center, because I don't want to spend money on healing items this early into the game.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

I'd go broke FAST from buying potions. I'd have to also rely on NPCs and beds that heal you. Or, I'd be liable to cheat and use a PC. I think if there no PCs, I'd have to rely on the one at the Weather Center (ORAS). Other than that, no.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

I'd go broke FAST from buying potions. I'd have to also rely on NPCs and beds that heal you. Or, I'd be liable to cheat and use a PC. I think if there no PCs, I'd have to rely on the one at the Weather Center (ORAS). Other than that, no.

Ah, right, the PC trick :x I'll also add an addendum that your Pokemon aren't healed when they're deposited into the PC (primarily because if I don't, everyone's answer would be to box them xD)

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Ah, right, the PC trick :x I'll also add an addendum that your Pokemon aren't healed when they're deposited into the PC (primarily because if I don't, everyone's answer would be to box them xD)

Haha! I actually use the PC trick in-game sometimes if I'm already at the PC. For some reason, I think it's faster than going and talking to nurse Joy.

pkmin3033

Knowing my luck, I'd make it all the way to the Pokemon League and then I'd probably die there. Although if the EXP share is the same as the one from XY and ORAS, I doubt I'd have any issues even then - I'd just use one Pokemon almost exclusively, heal that when necessary, and let my team sit on reserve and leech the EXP off it.

Back