• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    What's the first event Pokemon you've ever gotten?

Arceus in Diamond version via a AR-influenced Azure Flute.

Otherwise, Darkrai.

Years

None, because my wi-fi never successfully connected to my DS/3DS. Yeah I'm likely the only person here who is in this situation but that's the way it goes.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Fire Blast or Flamethrower?
    Flamethrower. It's more reliable in hitting and I just find Fire Blast awful to look at.

I think it was an Electivire from when Pokemon Battle Revolution was released.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    None, The house I stayed before lacking of Wifi so I missed out events by miles.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Question of the Day

What's the first event Pokemon you've ever gotten?​

Manaphy from Pokemon Ranger if it counts, or trade caught Alamos Darkrai.

Otherwise my first event Pokemon would be either Jirachi or Mew or maybe an older Gen IV event Pokemon. Sorry for the fuzzy memory.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    My first one was actually the Celebi event in HG/SS, and it was a really good feeling, because I grew up during gen 1 and 2, where event Pokemon weren't quite as accessible (I don't even know how people obtained such events back then), so it felt pretty special to finally get one for the first time :D

None, because my wi-fi never successfully connected to my DS/3DS. Yeah I'm likely the only person here who is in this situation but that's the way it goes.

Really?? Does it give some kind of error message or something? Did you ever get it worked out? :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What's the first event Pokémon you've ever gotten?
    It's probably Darkrai in Platinum, if I remember right. Before that, I've wanted to obtain Deoxys in Emerald, which, unfortunately, has never worked out.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

I know it was a Gen 6 event but I honestly forgot.

Years

wifi event: i'm not 100% sure I think it was Mew in HG/SS
    Leave your house event: Hoopa, I was too embarrassed to take my DS to a shop in the old days and my 3ds xl is too big to carry around but now they have moved to using codes I thought I might as well go for it.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

Mystery Mew - Gen 3. That was a glorious day! I still have it, too!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

Mystery Mew - Gen 3. That was a glorious day! I still have it, too!

You got one in gen 3? That's pretty awesome! They weren't that easy to get back then, so that's pretty amazing :)

Question of the Day

How often do you save in-game?​

Last edited:

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    You got one in gen 3? That's pretty awesome! They weren't that easy to get back then, so that's pretty amazing :)

Question of the Day

Yea, those were some fun times. You had to actually go to a Toys R Us and wait in line.

How often do you save in-game?

Every time I put my device down or get to a huge milestone, I save. I also save before and after every gym battle. When I save, sometimes I forget that I saved, so I'll end up saving again.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years

More than necessary.

Every 100 or so EV points during training. Before a gym. After a gym. Before activating an O Power. Before selling something. After healing at a Pokemon Center. After a cutscene. Before a cutscene I expect. After depositing a Pokemon at the day care center. Before picking up an egg. Before I begin searching for a particular wild Pokemon. Before engaging a legendary (or one of a kind) Pokemon. Before picking up a Mystery Gift. Before I rearrange my PC boxes. After I rearrange my PC boxes.

Hm... better safe than sorry.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I save before every gym battle, Legendary encounter, and the Elite Four. Otherwise only when I finish playing for that session.

Years

I tend to save more often than I think, mostly before a major boss fight, but even after doing something simple as catching a Pokemon I tend to save as well.

pkmin3033

Usually, only when I'm about to put it down, after I've caught something, or just before a Gym Leader. I don't save as much in Pokemon as I do other JRPGs because I have little need to, because I'm not particularly worried about messing up.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Question of the Day

The answers are 'frequently' and after every accomplishments like, hatching a shiny Pokemon, defeating a Gym leader, and important moments like before battling Kyogre, before battling Cynthia. :D

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    When I'm tired and want to take a rest for a day, I save very much or any particular importance such as done several battles, beat a gym leader, elite four and so forth

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I basically save whenever I make progress that I don't want to lose, like if I make some progress on leveling up my Pokemon or if I just made some progress on my Pokedex, for example. And of course there's the classic technique of saving right before a legendary encounter so that I can reset in case of an emergency.

Thank goodness saving is so fast in recent generations! Otherwise I probably wouldn't save as often as I do.

Back