• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    For me, either Mawile or Floette, of course!

Question of the Day

When's the last time you played one of the older games (GBA and previous) on their original systems?​

Sadly my GBA SP's charging slot no longer works, so I am forced to play with my DS Lite. I last played my Gen III games around 2 months ago and if my SP was still alive, I'm definitely using my SP without a second thought.

When's the last time you played one of the older games (GBA and previous) on their original systems?
    I play/playtest Sigma Emerald a lot, but it's been more than five years since the last time I played anything on my GBA. It should still be functional though, considering the battery was taken out in case it leaks.

Sigma Emerald, huh? Very fishy, who's the creator of SE again? >:)

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    When's the last time you played one of the older games (GBA and previous) on their original systems?

I play FR and LG these days on GBAs when I need to trade. I play Ruby on a GBA on occasion when I need a Jirachi. For Gens 1 and 2, I don't play them on their original systems anymore because I need to fix the batteries.

pkmin3033

I started a new Emerald file at around the beginning of the year I think, although I was playing on my Gameboy Micro, since my GBA are all busted, aha. As for previous gens before that...I can't actually remember. It must have been at least ten years since I played Crystal, and longer still since I played Red...

Years

Probably my original Ruby (and a bit of my brother's now-unused Emerald) on GBA in 2007. I ended up moving onto 4th Gen in 2008, and it has mainly been tradition for me to move to the next generation when I get the chance to do so.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Way back when I was wee younger, I played Silver/Gold, then moving on to LG which is both GameBoy and GameBoy Advance SP

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Can't remember. :( I think it was around 2010 or so on the GBA. I had Ruby and Emerald at that point (LG was lost) so it would have been either of those games. I did, however, remember playing just for a tiny few minutes on Emerald in the GBA at around 2012, since the charger was missing.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    It's been so long. Mainly because I gave away my GBA since I had the original DS to play those games on. Which meant that I had no way to play the GBC and older games. So I think it was way back in 2005 that I last played a GBA Pokemon game on an actual GBA.

But I splurged and got myself a GBA SP so I can play everything as they were meant to be played.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years

maybe a month ago? i downloaded an emulator on my iphone. hehe.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    My Gameboy Advance actually stopped working suddenly like, years ago (before Nintendo DS even came out). It was pretty sad, because it was a Christmas present, and I never got it replaced :( Fortunately the DS would later come out, which was backwards compatible, but by then I had lost my Sapphire and my LeafGreen. RIP my GBA ;(

Question of the Day

What's the first Pokemon you ever caught (after getting your starter)?​

Years
    What's the first Pokemon you ever caught (after getting your starter)?

If you're going by individual playthroughs, here's my first catches:
    • Ruby: Zigzagoon
    • Pearl: Starly
    • Platinum: Starly
    • Soul Silver: Rattata
    • Black: Patrat
    • Black 2: Patrat
    • X: Bunnelby
    • Alpha Sapphire: Poochyena (the one with the elemental fang move)

I've had a disturbing trend with Normal-types here hahahaha (specifically the early rodents)

pkmin3033

Pidgey. It set a trend; every time after that I've always tried to make the standard flying-type my first Pokemon in a game after my starter. This proved to be a problem in Black, since I didn't get another Pokemon until after the first Gym...

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    My Gameboy Advance actually stopped working suddenly like, years ago (before Nintendo DS even came out). It was pretty sad, because it was a Christmas present, and I never got it replaced :( Fortunately the DS would later come out, which was backwards compatible, but by then I had lost my Sapphire and my LeafGreen. RIP my GBA ;(

Question of the Day

What's the first Pokemon you ever caught (after getting your starter)?​

Oh the triple mishap. I do hope you still have your Emerald, Ruby and FireRed, in case you had purchased them before!

And on to the topic of the day. I've caught a lot of different Pokemon that fits the question, from Pidgey to Lillipup to Bunnelby. But I'd love to highlight my top percentage Rattata from LeafGreen, he's actually the second Rattata I ever had from my overall adventures. Yes people, eye me weirdly for using one.

Despite the notorious name, the mouse Pokemon proved to be helpful. He even took down Lance's Aerodactyl and Gyarados with an Electric-type move! {XD}

Last edited:

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

Pidgey, named PIDGEY, in Pokemon Red.

Years
    Poochyena, from one of the RSE games! Subsequently, I've always gone for the regional bird after getting my starter in every game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Zubat in Red. I didn't really see the point of catching anything at first, as I liked my starter too much. Also, my starter got too strong and began to one-shot everything. I think I got really fed up with the Zubat in Mt. Moon, so I finally flung a Poke Ball at one of them, and it actually worked.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    God, it's been so long that I honestly don't remember :/ it was most likely Pidgey or Rattata on Route 1.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    It's been a while for me too! But my first game was Blue, so it's most likely that the first Pokemon I ever caught was a Pidgey. I think. This was forever ago :P

Question of the Day

Have you ever had 99x or more of a single item in your bag?​

Years
    Have you ever had 99x or more of a single item in your bag?

Yes, mostly a Full Restore since it's so easy to buy them and I stack them up tons in some of the more recent generations.

pkmin3033

Have you ever had 99x or more of a single item in your bag?

Legitimately? No, the closest I've ever gotten to that is buying around 70 Ultra Balls and Dusk Balls, because I was so exasperated at catching certain Legendary Pokemon. However, I have acquired 999 of every item through...um, other means before.

Back