• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I basically save whenever I make progress that I don't want to lose, like if I make some progress on leveling up my Pokemon or if I just made some progress on my Pokedex, for example. And of course there's the classic technique of saving right before a legendary encounter so that I can reset in case of an emergency.

Thank goodness saving is so fast in recent generations! Otherwise I probably wouldn't save as often as I do.

Saving is sluggish on Pearl and Diamond though, since they're probably newly introduced main series for DS, but gladly 3DS generation saving is a quick breeze unlike D and P

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    How often do you save in-game?

I save a lot, especially before important events. Don't wanna lose any progress, you know.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Remember everyone, only you can prevent loss of save data!

Question of the Day

If you had to go through a full game with a team consisting only of unevolved Pokemon, what Pokemon would you choose for such a team?​

Years
    How often do you save in-game?
    A lot, sometimes even more the necessary. I play the games with the innate feeling that something is going to go wrong within the game and end up crashing it. There have also been cases where I exited/shut off the console after making a lot of progress, then realizing that I didn't save; it's a terrible feeling that I try to avoid at all costs.

If you had to go through a full game with a team consisting only of unevolved Pokemon, what Pokemon would you choose for such a team?
    Machop -
    No Guard DynamicPunch ftw! :D
    Trapinch - Monstrous Attack stat for an unevolved Pokemon (base 100!) combined with Sheer Force or Hyper Cutter. That's too good to pass up
    Honedge - For No Guard as well, and the decent type coverage
    Axew - Gotta throw a Dragon in there somewhere. This guy would be a great attacker in general with Dragon Dance and good movepool
    Gastly - Fastspecial attacker (base 100 too). Great for finishing off dented teams.

pkmin3033

If you had to go through a full game with a team consisting only of unevolved Pokemon, what Pokemon would you choose for such a team?

Tempting as it was to just pick a team of Legendary Pokemon...Charmander, Pikachu, Pidgey, Onix, Misdreavus, aaaaand...Spheal. There are no particular reasons behind those choices (asides Onix; I love Onix and I'd want something big to compensate for all the little things, haha) I just thought about it and those were the first ones that came into my head.

Years

I would choose: Cyndaquil, Oddish, Geodude, Gastly, Lapras and Mareep. I really love Gen 1 and 2 pokemon so I choose them.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024

Lapras, Honedge, Litwick, Growlithe and so forth

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

Pawniard, Scraggy, Chimchar, Gligar, Ralts, Meditite

Years

Hmm, this would purely be out of personal liking rather than strategy. I'd go for Mankey, Magnemite, Turtwig, Growlithe, Haunter and Buizel.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Going to go with my favorites here: Honedge, Flabebe, Misdreavus, Wynaut, Fletchling, and Snorunt :3

I don't think we've done any spin-off questions for a while!

Question of the Day

If you could play a Mystery Dungeon game as any Pokemon in the national dex, which Pokemon would you choose?​

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Going to go with my favorites here: Honedge, Flabebe, Misdreavus, Wynaut, Fletchling, and Snorunt :3

I don't think we've done any spin-off questions for a while!

Question of the Day

If you could play a Mystery Dungeon game as any Pokemon in the national dex, which Pokemon would you choose?​

As much as I would love to say Budew, the lack of levelup moves (compare to other offiicial PMD starters) is a huge turnoff.

I would say Ralts! Since it gained the Fairy-typing. :) Who wouldn't like to see the new chemistry of PMD and Fairy-type? {XD}

Years
    If you could play a Mystery Dungeon game as any Pokemon in the national dex, which Pokemon would you choose?

Oshawott, duh. I know he's already an official playable character in the series but hey it's my baby. If you meant Pokemon that weren't officially playable, I'd definitely go with Marill or Clefairy, because Fairy-types are awesome.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    If you could play a Mystery Dungeon game as any Pokemon in the national dex, which Pokemon would you choose?

Oshawott, duh. I know he's already an official playable character in the series but hey it's my baby. If you meant Pokemon that weren't officially playable, I'd definitely go with Marill or Clefairy, because Fairy-types are awesome.

I love the promote on Fairy-types. Marill and Clefairy should have been part of the official PMD starters, they have great moves. I'm sure they are gonna make the adventure interesting with their new typing. :)

pkmin3033

Anything that can move through walls. Much as I'd like to start out as my namesake, experience in 99 floor dungeons has taught me that when the going gets tough, this is an invaluable skill to have. So, perhaps a Gastly, or a Duskull.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I would say Chespin or Mew?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    For me, either Mawile or Floette, of course!

Question of the Day

When's the last time you played one of the older games (GBA and previous) on their original systems?​

Years
    When's the last time you played one of the older games (GBA and previous) on their original systems?
    I play/playtest Sigma Emerald a lot, but it's been more than five years since the last time I played anything on my GBA. It should still be functional though, considering the battery was taken out in case it leaks.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    When's the last time you played one of the older games (GBA and previous) on their original systems?

Laguna never had any kind of Game Boy, ever.

Back