• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

Yeah, I had a proper video game in mind. xD;
    Still, who knows...we've got Pokemon everything else. A rhythm game might be on the cards for the near future!

If you could play one of the main series games as an antagonist, which villainous team would you like to be on?

I'd go with Team Galactic, if only because I find them to be the most interesting team - plus I identify quite strongly with Cyrus' nihilistic philosophy and motivations - and I'd rather explore Sinnoh again than anywhere else. The Legendaries are by far the best and the next logical step up from trying to control Dialga/Palkia/Giratina is Arceus, so who knows where that could lead?

I sure hope it is! ^^

I've always found Cyrus really interesting too. And kinda scary too because geez, he wants to destroy the entire universe. Out of all the teams, I think a game where you play as a Team Cosmic member would definitely have the most interesting plot!

I'd like to see some sort of a 3D Pokémon Game where you play as a Pokémon and the overworld is already the battleground. It'd be mystery dungeon style except there would be a skill upgrade system and you can perform different combos by doing a variety of keyboard combinations.

So like an action RPG? That sounds great! It sounds a bit like Eternal Sonata, which is a game I've played a bit of and found the gameplay really enjoyable.

Spoiler:

I'd totally play that if they made a Pokemon game out of it!

Team Aqua, since I'm an avid Water-type user. Not to mention, Archie's the kind of leader who truly cares for both Pokémon and his human companions! His only flaw is his extreme method, but his intention isn't bad!

I'm with Sun for the same reasons. Team Aqua is literally one of my fave villains but that's mainly my love for Water-types showing here. I'd also love to play as Team Plasma because they are from my fave region aka Unova, and I think the original grunt uniforms (the ones from BW, not B2W2) look really smart.

I think it'd be really cool if they made a game where you play as a Team Aqua member. It actually seems like a feasible concept too, since Team Aqua (and Team Magma as well) are the only teams who actually succeeded in accomplishing their goals, and then regretted it afterwards. So you wouldn't be a 100% bad guy if your playable character was on their team--at least not in the end!

I'd play as a Team Flare member maybe. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they got stronger Pokémon than the usual Grunt trainers? They're stylish too.

Team Flare is so entertaining! I'd imagine a game where you play as them would be really fun~

I'll join Neo Blak Plasma from the sequels just for their soundtrack which IMHO is the best villain team theme. And I love the colour black and the whole slim military look they've got. The team doesn't have like a strict Pokemon rule so I'll be able to use any Pokemon I want and get by stealing

Neo Black Plasma is my favorite too. Their battle music is amazing. If I were to play a game as a Neo Black Plasma member, I'd like to be one of the Shadow Triad, because they're just so darn cool 8)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In regards to our September 15 question, the oldest Pokémon game I have in my possession right now would be Platinum. It might not be too old in comparison to, say, FireRed and LeafGreen, but it's still something. I kind of wish I had more older games with me!

Years
    Question of the Day

If you could play one of the main series games as an antagonist, which villainous team would you like to be on?​
    This is a rather hard question for me since I love every team except Team Flare. Their grunts looked ridiculous.

Overall, Team Rocket is the team I want to be a part of most. Their goals may look so simple compared to other teams' goals but their goals are realistic and achievable in the real world unlike Team Galactic's destroy the world and create a new one. Their uniforms also look good on me not to mention the cool pink/red hair.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    In regards to our September 15 question, the oldest Pokémon game I have in my possession right now would be Platinum. It might not be too old in comparison to, say, FireRed and LeafGreen, but it's still something. I kind of wish I had more older games with me!

Besides the one copy of Yellow that I still happen to have, my next oldest game is HeartGold haha. I wish I still had some of my other games like FireRed or LeafGreen too. I'd love to bring my Pokes from back then into 6th gen.

Team Rocket

This is a rather hard question for me since I love every team except Team Flare. Their grunts looked ridiculous.

Overall, Team Rocket is the team I want to be a part of most. Their goals may look so simple compared to other teams' goals but their goals are realistic and achievable in the real world unlike Team Galactic's destroy the world and create a new one. Their uniforms also look good on me not to mention the cool pink/red hair.

Playing as Team Rocket would be interesting o: I wonder how the plot of such a game would play out, with them not having any specific long-term goals or ideals or anything?

Years
    Team Aqua. It's always left me wondering how they came to the conclusion that flooding the entire world and submerging everything in water is the best approach to their vision. Did they even have a plan to where they would go for refuge once every piece of land is gone? Maybe joining them would put a new, first-hand perspective into that. Normally I would side with Team Magma if it was purely based on objective, but their uniforms don't exactly look optimized for the heat of their base.

I agree with the posts on Neo Plasma too. Their music is in my opinion one of the best out of all the villains, and is not a tune that you get tired of listening to after few times. Plus it's great to not not have your options for Pokemon confined to Zubat and co.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Team Aqua. It's always left me wondering how they came to the conclusion that flooding the entire world and submerging everything in water is the best approach to their vision. Did they even have a plan to where they would go for refuge once every piece of land is gone? Maybe joining them would put a new, first-hand perspective into that. Normally I would side with Team Magma if it was purely based on objective, but their uniforms don't exactly look optimized for the heat of their base.

I agree with the posts on Neo Plasma too. Their music is in my opinion one of the best out of all the villains, and is not a tune that you get tired of listening to after few times. Plus it's great to not not have your options for Pokemon confined to Zubat and co.

My thought was always that their plan was to live on boats or something. Like that one movie Waterworld haha. Maybe you'd succeed in your goals, and then the rest of the game would be riding on ships from place to place?

Question of the Day

Have you ever blacked out while trying to catch/battle a wild Pokemon?

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    Back in Diamond/Pearl, I blacked out while battling a Psyduck.... a stupid Psyduck of all things. I remember that moment and exactly where it happened too.

pkmin3033

I don't believe so, no! As a kid I'd always run away if I came close to this - which only ever happened with Legendaries - and now that I'm older I never seem to even come close.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    It's happened to me more often than I'd like to admit ;-; It actually happened recently in OmegaRuby when I was battling Primal Groudon, because I kept using Ultra Balls, but he wouldn't stay in, so I just kept taking damage ><

It's also happened to me once or twice at times when I was really early in the game, and didn't have many Pokemon on my team to begin with. It probably shouldn't ever happen, a single wild Pokemon is completely outmatched by a team trained Pokemon, but I still manage it somehow :c

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I probably had it happen to me when I was young, but I can't remember any specific incidents besides Legendaries, which I reset anyway :P

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

I don't think I have. The only times I had blackouts were against E4s and when I party too hard.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    At least once! I remember this quite vividly. I was playing a new file on FireRed and started with Squirtle, which was still my only Pokemon by the time I was at Viridian Forest. I fell to poison and after not having any antidote, I whited out... Lost to a Weedle... I blame the Trainers for weakening me. D:

Years
    I'm in a similar boat to Wiicked here; it probably happened when I was new to the game, and with legendaries occasionally. If it's a normal wild Pokemon found in Grass, I'll usually end up running away and healing at a Pokemon Center :P

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Back in Diamond/Pearl, I blacked out while battling a Psyduck.... a stupid Psyduck of all things. I remember that moment and exactly where it happened too.

At least once! I remember this quite vividly. I was playing a new file on FireRed and started with Squirtle, which was still my only Pokemon by the time I was at Viridian Forest. I fell to poison and after not having any antidote, I whited out... Lost to a Weedle... I blame the Trainers for weakening me. D:

You guys are awesome for making me not the only one in the thread who's gone through this before ;_; Just goes to show you that if just the right set of circumstances are in place, it can happen, frustrating as it is.

Question of the Day

Have you ever blacked out while trying to catch/battle a wild Pokemon?​

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Have you ever blacked out while trying to catch/battle a wild Pokémon?
    A couple of times, yep. Most of it is during beginning of my game-play, when my Pokémon have low amount of levels and whatnot. It's a little troublesome, but is no longer an issue after you train your party members more.

Years
    Have you ever blacked out while trying to catch/battle a wild Pokémon?

I think it only ever happened to me once, but the fact you just drop money when you black out against a wild Pokemon is just so terrible. As Ashley said, it does become more of an issue early on but after you get far into the game it's less likely.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Yea, losing your money to a wild Pokemon really does add insult to injury haha.

I realized just now that I derped and posted the same question two days in a row. Sorry about that! New question!:

Question of the Day

Have you ever used more than one of the same Pokemon on your team?​

Years
    Nope, never. Regardless of whether I'm forming a competitive team or in-game team, having two of the same Pokemon on the team is one thing that I actively try to avoid. Different Pokemon from the same evolution line is somewhat tolerable for in-game though. But come on, there are over 700 different species of Pokemon available! (varies depending on game) Why have two of the same kind in your team of six? Of course this is just my opinion; I have nothing against people who do this. :)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Nope, never. Regardless of whether I'm forming a competitive team or in-game team, having two of the same Pokemon on the team is one thing that I actively try to avoid. Different Pokemon from the same evolution line is somewhat tolerable for in-game though. But come on, there are over 700 different species of Pokemon available! (varies depending on game) Why have two of the same kind in your team of six? Of course this is just my opinion; I have nothing against people who do this. :)

Yea, same. The closest I come to doing it is when I have an Aegislash and a Doublade on the same team. Even though they're both in the same evolutionary line, Aegislash and Doublade have two different play styles (Aegislash having Stance Change is really fun in battle, and Doublade's high defense and its never-miss No Guard is fun to take advantage of too!)

I'll also occasionally have several of the same Pokemon of the same species on my team when I'm mass breeding in order to get a shiny through the Masuda method :P

Years
    Have you ever used more than one of the same Pokemon on your team?

No I really haven't, although that doesn't stop me from sometimes catching duplicate species because I may intend to use them for different purposes, like how in OR/AS I caught some Pokemon for battles and others for contests.

Back