• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I used two Sharpedos on a team in Ruby before. For whatever reason, I was able to beat the Elite Four when I added the second one, so I guess that worked out :P

pkmin3033

Have you ever used more than one of the same Pokemon on your team?

Yes! I actually ran through SoulSilver using a team made up entirely of Rattata once. I was very bored, and I'd literally NEVER used Rattata before, not even in Red when I didn't know that it wasn't a good idea to try using Pidgeotto in Lt. Surge's Gym. Hyper Fang, Quick Attack and the fact that Team Rocket used them always put me off. But I had a "why the hell not?" moment and caught six of the little buggers to use. That playthrough was in the top percentage of all my playthroughs.

Years

Nope! But a team of Giratina is the dream.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Nah I've never. I always like to treat my Pokemon as though they are the most special and unique gems in the universe so I wouldn't want more doppelgängers of them. Exception to Ditto since it doesn't count xD

Maybe I'll go make a team of Dittos lol

GilliTheFabulous

Shiny Hunter, Collector, and Breeder
    Years
    Hmm...No. Never used the same pokemon on my team.

If I did, well let's just say that my team would be super weak against water, ghost, and dark types. And since that bothers me, no team of six Chandelures for me. T.T

Wait, does a team of level 100 Linoones with pickup, all the hms(well most of them), and is only used during the post game count?

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years

Current Question:

Nope, I haven't. Seriously, I just thought about it and realized I've never use same pokémon more than one in any party.
    But except special games on Showdown of course. ex: Metronome Battle or Wobbuffet Challenge.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    Never :o I like having diversity and honestly, unless it's a specific challenge, why would you? xD There are a ton of Pokemon so that you can have a ton of Pokemon! :P

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Now that I'm thinking about it, going through the game with six of the same Pokemon seems like it would make a fun challenge! If I did that and had to choose one, it'd be either Mawile or Florges, of course :3

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024

I don't think I could ever use more than one of a Pokémon. When I play the games I like to make very specifically diverse teams, and using two or more of a species has never even crossed out my mind. (Yes, I'm the type to plan out my entire team before playing the game.)

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

Absolutely. I once thought it was a good idea to have 3 Wailord on my team for when I was grinding in Restaurant Le Wow. (It was)
    Question of the Day
    Question of the Day
    Question of the Day

Years
    » Have you ever used more than one of the same Pokemon on your team?

Not that I recall at all. I don't think the thought of doing so has ever come to my mind. :X I just...don't really see the point of it, at least not with how I play (wanting different types on my team and all that). Maybe for training purposes if I have a "better" one and I want to replace the one I already have on my team, but other than that...I got nothin'.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

Absolutely. I once thought it was a good idea to have 3 Wailord on my team for when I was grinding in Restaurant Le Wow. (It was)
    Question of the Day
    Question of the Day
    Question of the Day

Oh man, did you do the triple battles? I'm just imagining 3 Wailords in one tiny little restaurant xD

Question of the Day

Would you like the main series games any more/less if they were on consoles instead of handhelds?

pkmin3033

Would you like the main series games any more/less if they were on consoles instead of handhelds?

Less. I have always been a handheld gamer first and foremost - due in no small part to Pokemon. Pokemon Colosseum and XD weren't bad games by any means, but they were awful compared to the handheld titles, because they cut so many corners. They COULD have given us a proper version, but instead they watered it right down and made it a linear, thoroughly-dull story driven experience. Sure, it'd look prettier, but who cares? The 3D models they're using in the 3DS games are flat and ugly and overly polished; the sprites were rougher but had a lot more charm; they fit Pokemon perfectly.

But let's assume for a wild moment that they wouldn't do that again, and they'd make a proper mothership title on the Wii U, with routes and badges and everything else that makes Pokemon...Pokemon. You wouldn't be able to trade between your versions unless you had two consoles, for starters. You wouldn't be able to take it outside and battle with your friends; as bad as Streetpass is, it's a lot better than Miiverse. Portable connectivity is a huge part of Pokemon and, of course, that'd be taken out if you put it on a console.

In short, Pokemon is a series that I feel is betst suited to handhelds, and I can't see a console version ever being very satisfying.

Years

I would probably like the main games less if they were on console considering I did not grow up as a Nintendo gamer plus it kinda defeats the purpose of Pokemon's meaning. It's supposed to be monsters you store in your pocket, and a typical handheld console can fit in the pocket so it's explainable and to have it on a console wouldn't make it so "pocket" anymore.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Less. I like taking my Pokémon with me wherever I go. :) As Nichole said, it isn't Pocket Monsters if the core games aren't handheld consoles exclusive anymore.

Years
    I would most likely like the series the same of the games were on console, but there would be a smaller time frame for me to be able to play them. Pokemon is great in the sense that it's mainly developed for handhelds; it's convenient especially of you travel/like to move around a lot. That mobility is something that home consoles simply cannot match, despite having better hardware to compensate for it. On console, the time you have to play the game could be limited by a number of factors, like sharing the TV, how much time you actually spend in your living room etc.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, being on consoles would mean they'd have improved graphics and would in general be on a more powerful platform. On the other hand, being on handhelds means you can play them on the go (which as Hika and Sun said, fits with Pokemon being Pocket Monsters and all). All in all I'd rather see the main series games remain handhelds, because it's a tried and true formula, but I'd also still like to see more spin-offs on consoles a-la Pokemon Coliseum ^^

Question of the Day

If you could choose one Gym Leader to promote to Champion, who would you choose and why?​

Back