• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

pkmin3033

If you could choose one Gym Leader to promote to Champion, who would you choose and why?

Norman. For starters, we've never even had a Normal-type E4 member, so it'd be a refreshing change of pace. Also, battling Norman as the Champion in the third gen games would have been far more significant, in my opinion. As the protagonists' father, beating him would have given a greater sense of achievement and progression than what we got in Steven/Wallace.

...although if the character was making a return in the anime in the future as a Champion, I'd pick Byron. I LOVE BYRON....AND I LOVE DEFENSE.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Would you like the main series games any more/less if they were on consoles instead of handhelds?
    I don't like consoles very much, you can't play main series anywhere if they're stuck onto a console. I rather have a handheld to keep me occupied.

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    If you could choose one Gym Leader to promote to Champion, who would you choose and why?

Cheren. He starts off as a rival and becomes a Gym Leader in the sequels. If he moved up to Champion later on, he would be one of few characters who go through a vast amount of development outside the player character who isn't seen as an antagonist, plus it would take more time and give a sense of achievement to the character.
    He also says he's not used to using one type at the start of his Gym training, so he could have his old team back too.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Question of the Day

If you could choose one Gym Leader to promote to Champion, who would you choose and why?​

Something off topic: Just wanna say I really appreciate this questions, even though I'm not that active here recently.

On to the topic, I pick Misty or Marlon because I'm being openly biased to the Water-type. Ahem, but seriously Misty's Starmie is a threat, she's gonna be a formidable foe if she has Lapras, Blastoise, Slowbro, Gyarados, Cloyster as a Champion in Gen I.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

Question of the Day

Tate and Liza. That was such a fun battle and I love Psychic-type Pokemon immensely.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Norman, maybe a plain ol normal champion

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Great answers! I especially like the Norman choices. It'd really add some depth to the character to have your father be the champion. Norman does seem like he'd be a good fit to be a champion too, not sure what it is, but something about him gives off a vibe of an elite trainer. Drayden seems like he'd be a good fit for champion too for the same reason, seems like an elite trainer. Not to mention, his version counterpart Iris became a champion!

Cheren would also be cool! It's been a while since we've seen a rival rise to the status of champion, and Cheren is one of the more interesting rivals of recent times.

Tate and Liza would be interesting too! They were one of the more challenging gym leaders, especially in Emerald. And a double battle champion is something we haven't seen yet!

Would you like the main series games any more/less if they were on consoles instead of handhelds?
    I don't like consoles very much, you can't play main series anywhere if they're stuck onto a console. I rather have a handheld to keep me occupied.

Yea, honestly, if they weren't on handhelds, I probably wouldn't have nearly as many hours logged on the games as I currently do, because most of the time when I play Pokemon I'm lazing around lying down on my bed :P Can't really do that as easily on a console, since I have to be sitting up facing the TV haha

Years
    Otama beat me too it, but I would also promote Tate and Liza to Champion status. Something the series has never had before is the opportunity for a double Champion battle, so I think it would be an interesting twist. And as a result, a layer of challenge involving optimizing one's team for double battles would be added, forcing the player to approach the Elite Four challenge differently than if there was only one Champion.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Otama beat me too it, but I would also promote Tate and Liza to Champion status. Something the series has never had before is the opportunity for a double Champion battle, so I think it would be an interesting twist. And as a result, a layer of challenge involving optimizing one's team for double battles would be added, forcing the player to approach the Elite Four challenge differently than if there was only one Champion.

I agree! It would be a really interesting challenge to find the optimal team, I'd imagine. You'd have to have a team that works with single battles as well as double battles, since you'd be going through all of the Elite Four before you reach the champion.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Personally I think Koga would be the best, but he's already in the Elite Four so he doesn't count as much to me anymore.

Otherwise, I would say Sabrina. Her Pokémon are pretty powerful and she has the demeanor to be a Champion for sure.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Personally I think Koga would be the best, but he's already in the Elite Four so he doesn't count as much to me anymore.

Otherwise, I would say Sabrina. Her Pokémon are pretty powerful and she has the demeanor to be a Champion for sure.

Sabrina is my favorite Gym Leader! I think she'd make a great champion.

Koga's pretty awesome too. I've always thought it was really cool the way he moved up from Gym Leader to Elite Four. It'd be cool to see him make the second leap to Champion.

Question of the Day

Do you have any music from the Pokemon games on your music player of choice? (iPod, mp3 player, any device you listen to all your music on?)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Question of the Day

Do you have any music from the Pokemon games on your music player of choice? (iPod, mp3 player, any device you listen to all your music on?)

If remixes count then yes!
    Spoiler:

They are my guilty pleasures like the core games! Hahaha!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I have two, both by PokéRemixStudio: a remix of the Kanto Gym Leader Theme from G/S/C and a remix of the Lance/Red battle from G/S/C, which are both awesome!

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024

So much musics on my playlist

pkmin3033

On my iPod, I only have a couple of tracks from the anime. On my laptop, I have pretty much everything from R/B/Y to ORAS...including spinoffs. My mother's ringtone on my phone is also Team Charm's theme at the moment. xD

Years

I never listen to music on a portable device these days but if I had the opportunity to buy some Pokemon OSTs I would definitely listen to them and prove Pokemon is more than just for kids.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I have the ORAS, X&Y, and BW2 soundtracks on my playlist on my iPhone :3 The Pokemon games all have some really amazing music that really turns up the intensity in battle, but it's such good listening on its own too ;)

If remixes count then yes!
    Spoiler:

They are my guilty pleasures like the core games! Hahaha!

Remixes definitely do count! I really like this one. Really upbeat and nice to listen to 8)

Question of the Day

Which of your Pokemon have traveled across the most generations? (e.g. do you have a Poke that's come from 3rd gen all the way to 6th gen?)

Last edited:

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
    I'm in the process of bringing all my R/S/E & FR/LG Pokemon all the way to 6th gen. 4th & 5th gens will make the trek too :P That's always been my ultimate goal when I totally fnish every generation's games.

Years
    Which of your Pokemon have traveled across the most generations? (e.g. do you have a Poke that's come from 3rd gen all the way to 6th gen?)

I have had several Pokemon that I've transferred as far as 5th Gen, but that's only because I don't have Pokemon Bank yet and I hate subscription services so don't expect me to even consider. Plus I feel like 6th Gen is where I should focus on fresh captures anyway.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Question of the Day

I have quite a lot of them! But I'm highlighting this special Crobat from my Japanese Ruby! I caught it as a Zubat in Granite cave around year 2003! My sister wasn't even born yet! {XD} Now, this Crobat is residing in AlphaSapphire! ^^ In a sense, it returned to its homeland once again, but then it's also in a new place! :)

Last edited:
    Back