• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the video game music above you! (Version 20XX)

Years
  • Time to revive this thread wheee

7/10
    I liked it more than I thought I was going to ngl. The ethereal start into those heavy drums is really nice.

WARNING: This track only knows how to be loud as fuck apparently.

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • 6/10, you weren't wrong is very loud. Gives me an old school JRPG vibe but with a bit more "wub" than I'm used too. Not bad by any means just not my cup of tea!

Plin, plin, plon...

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • 8/10
    still not played any Atelier games, but sounds like a classic great jrpg banger.

Digimon World DS - Digifarm/Computer Room Music

Years
  • 8/10

Cool, another reminder that I need to finally try any Digimon game. Now, for the song, I get Ghibli vibes from it, so definitely great.

pkmin3033

7/10. Feels like a classic Sonic zone piece, and I like how it builds up. But it...doesn't really go anywhere? idk, I'm not sure what I was expecting, but the intro made me think it was leading up to something, and I was kinda disappointed when it didn't lead into something super memorable, haha.

From one vaguely Sonic-esque thing to another:

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I've heard this game's a hidden gem, been meaning to get around to it one day!
    Onto the track I really liked it, 9/10 maybe! Reminds me of old scifi jprgs when something dramatic is happening.

Final Fantasy XV - Somnus

Years
  • 7/10
    I like it a lot. Very sombre and emotional. It felt like it was building up to places it wasn't going though which is a shame. Sticking to the Final Fantasy, here's an older one.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • 10/10 absolute banger.
    love abit of ff7, my fav ff! Every track from that OST is at least a 8-9 for me, with most 10's, some of my personal favs are Bombing Mission, Shinra Inc, Aerith's theme, Jenova, Those chosen by the planet & ofc One-Winged Angel.

In a similar vein I will go for a KH classic next:

pkmin3033

7/10. I don't really have any nostalgia for Kingdom Hearts, and the original isn't my favourite version of that piece, but it's a nice, calming piece even so.

Since we have a Square Enix thing going right now, here's something from Octopath Traveler, yet another game I want to replay but haven't found the time to yet:

Last edited:
    Years
  • 7/10

I have not heard a single bad song from the Octopath OST and should probably play the game at some point.

Time to break the combo.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • 5/10, not bad but wasn't really doing much for me. I've heard of this game tho and have been meaning to check it out since I think it's Kaiju related.

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
  • 7.5/10, it sounds like something you would hear in Mega Man or Shovel Knight. A credits theme, perhaps? I like it!

Wacky Workbench Past is my passion

Back