• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

recent acts of kindness

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    what are some good things you have done for other people lately? did they appreciate it? without getting Too Deep about it, were said acts more for your benefit or for the other person?

Years
  • There aren't any specific things I can mention, but I've recently (as in yesterday) been changing my attitude to be kinder and more understanding to people. Not that I'm unkind to people, but when I encounter someone and they do something like cut me off in traffic I get angry at them and just feel resentment privately without their ever being affected by it. So for my own sake I'm trying to be all zen and accepting of people's mistakes and letting people around me make those mistakes without my stepping in to cut them off before then can inconvenience me like I normally would. If any of that makes sense.

So, yeah, definitely for my own sake.

Sirfetch’d

My work is raising money for St. Jude's Children Hospital this month so I've been donating some every day or so when I buy my drink. It's not much but it feels nice to help out.

Years
  • im pretty damn good at calculus/math in general, and conceptually i tend to understand math at a level deeper than the average student (algebra moreso than anything else), so i always help my friends with their homework/assignments. it improves me and my ability to answer those questions more quickly, and i'm helping them out by teaching them how to solve the problems! it's a win-win. 8)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • im pretty damn good at calculus/math in general, and conceptually i tend to understand math at a level deeper than the average student (algebra moreso than anything else), so i always help my friends with their homework/assignments. it improves me and my ability to answer those questions more quickly, and i'm helping them out by teaching them how to solve the problems! it's a win-win. 8)

why did i disappear from pc last year.... i needed your help

honestly? I haven't been doing many random acts of kindness lately. This is my inspiration to do some more.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    I gave my unopened bottle of Coke to a coworker a couple of weeks ago, I did a breast cancer walk last week with my coworkers (you're welcome), and I've been covering another coworker's bus route for 1 1/2 months now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    this woman at work had her birthday and she is so nice and underappreciated for all that she does so i put together a chocolate gift basket for her from a really good chocolate place here.

I did it for her benefit, but it did make me feel good too. She was so happy about it like I really think it made her day.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • There was a lady that came up to me today at work and she was straight up just about to bawl and fall apart. She asked me if there was an empty office she could sit in while her car was being service and I told her I'd check. I sat her in one of the sales ladies' office since she wasn't there and I knew she had a bunch of nice trinkets and such in there that might make the lady feel better? Like that saleslady is really religious and perhaps it was presumptuous, but it is Alabama and the lady was older so I figured it would be alright. Plus it was the closest room to where the service area is. I brought her a bottle of water too.

Before she left, she came up to me and asked me if I could show her how I made her day brighter and she brought me back into the office and told me the first thing she saw in that office was this little piece on the desk that said...something uplifting and religious. Which doesn't mean much to me personally, but hey, it meant something to her and that's all that mattered. I don't know what happened to her, but I'm glad I could help her in some way, whether she had thanked me or not. I've been emotionally compromised in public before as well and I know how uncomfortable it can be so I just wanted to do what I could.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I invited a number of close friends around yesterday and made my delicious homemade mac n cheese / sweet potato salad for them. 50% selfish desire to eat mac n cheese but not necessarily for 4 days afterwards; 50% act of kind selflessness to give my friends a good meal. Actually, make that 70/30.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I've visited this forum...and I didn't even insult someone openly. :)

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • My friends and teachers and family have been graced with my presence. I radiate an ambiance of happiness and joyfulness that permeates rooms.

I run a group that makes pottery to sell and give the proceeds to a local charity. I worked on scheduling meets this week if that kinds as my "good deed."

User19sq

User RoadMart wanted a Binnacle with a funny nickname for her Dex, but they can't be caught in X. So I GTSed for it's evo, with the only possible offer being a Kyogre wanted. So I traded, bred it, gave it a nickname, and sent it to her.

She pointed out that I could've just caught a Pancham instead, since she also needs it. XD

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i've helped give advice to friends and i help my mom around the house. the first one is for others benefit of course, but the second one is more for my benefit so my mom won't complain about me being a freeloader, i think.

Back