• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Relationship status.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
    Been taken for just over 6 months now, and I wouldn't want it any other way. c:

I will say, having been single for most of my life, that it does get pretty lonely when you see other happy couples out there, haha. I didn't put any effort into finding this guy though, things just happened, and I'm happy they did. I find it's a lot easier if it just happens rather than putting effort into it or being all "omg, everyone else i know has a boyfriend/girlfriend, so i have to have one too!!!!"

Years
    Single!
    While my teenage years have seen a crazy amount of 'action', I can't say the same of my time being an adult...
    This is no coincidence, since as soon as I matured I developed a sense of criticism, and with it, a crystal clear image of my ideal girl; any attempt at trying to make myself feel attracted to someone that didn't meet my standards has made said relationships not last more than a week or two. While being single has undoubtedly many positive aspects to it, I can't help but worry that I will never find my soul mate because I am too selective, and changing this would only mean making a compromise I can't accept and thus feeling miserable.

Years
    "It's complicated"

I'm taken, but we're not technically dating any more, although we plan to be doing so again as soon as we can.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Just shy of 4 months now with Boyfriend. :3
    I honestly still can't believe it's been that long! It feels like we just got together, lol.

I don't have to deal with unnecessary drama and worry about the partner cheating.

I still don't understand this. What is this 'drama' everyone talks about in regards to relationships?
    The only "drama" I have ever encountered has been a simple matter of us not being a good match - which landed us in a few really dumb fights, let me tell ya - but it was easily solved by not being together anymore. Seriously. I don't get it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm a day or two shy of 5 months with my girlfriend. We met online; she lives in the UK and I live in Canada so we're pretty far apart, but we'll be seeing each other for the first time in August! I'm really excited for that, but I'm already starting to dread what happens after because it's expensive to head over there and vice versa so we won't know when we'll get to see each other again. :'( In the meantime, we IM on Skype every night almost constantly while we're both online, we call a couple times a week, and we sync up and watch shows/movies together a lot too. It's so easy to talk to her and where I'm really reserved and shy, she's a lot more outgoing so we mesh together really well and I've never been happier.

Up until I met her I wasn't into the idea of committing to relationships at all. Any time I'd get close to being in a relationship (ie, it was obvious that there was a mutual crush), I'd backpedal because I'd get nervous about what happens after the relationship or something like that. I'd kind of resigned myself to never really being in a relationship because I was so sure I just wasn't interested in what they had to offer. I never minded being single or anything, but I was really surprised when the usual "nope i'm outta here" didn't happen this time and I'm very glad it didn't.

Years
    I still don't understand this. What is this 'drama' everyone talks about in regards to relationships? The only "drama" I have ever encountered has been a simple matter of us not being a good match - which landed us in a few really dumb fights, let me tell ya - but it was easily solved by not being together anymore. Seriously. I don't get it.

Well, that's part of it. Outside resources such as nosy friends and family. It starts off small and turns into a problem before you know it..

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I still don't understand this. What is this 'drama' everyone talks about in regards to relationships?
    The only "drama" I have ever encountered has been a simple matter of us not being a good match - which landed us in a few really dumb fights, let me tell ya - but it was easily solved by not being together anymore. Seriously. I don't get it.
    It might be different for me because everyone tells me their relationship issues, but it's a lot of pointlessness that could have been avoided if the two people never got together in the first place. I probably have a very low threshold on what I'm willing to put up with from other people, but there are a lot of problems that could have been solved by basic communication skills.

Some people just want to avoid even the littlest of drama before that blows up to big dramas.

miss A said:
    I've just been having feelings of wanting to feel a deep, almost soulmate-like connection with someone
    Your soulmate doesn't have to be your romantic partner.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I'm single, and I keep it that way because dating is a.) difficult b.) time consuming c.) expensive d.) restrictive and e.) overly dramatic for no reason.

I still want to go out with someone but I think I would damage my heart if my mother start pushing aginst me. The mother♥♥♥♥er is dating now with a doctor and she still against me dating boys who are the one who I actually feel attraction to. Thanks mom, your the best...

Don't give up hope. I don't know your current situation, but if you plan on going to college or moving out after school, you will actually be free from your parents and can do whatever you please (legally). If you do have your own place and are not financially dependent on your mother, then you can basically tell her: "I am my own person and I am allowed to date whomever I please. You are my mother, and I love you, but if you don't accept that this is how I am, then I will have to cut you out of my life." It'll be hard, but it's better than making yourself unhappy so you can keep her happy. If you honestly can't do that, you have your Dad on your side, so go to him for support and see if he can't persuade her into accepting you. You're lucky enough to at least have some support; very few LGBT people get even one parent supporting them. Trust me, it'll get better. There are over 7 billion people in the world; you will find someone.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It might be different for me because everyone tells me their relationship issues, but it's a lot of pointlessness that could have been avoided if the two people never got together in the first place. I probably have a very low threshold on what I'm willing to put up with from other people, but there are a lot of problems that could have been solved by basic communication skills.

Some people just want to avoid even the littlest of drama before that blows up to big dramas.

Your soulmate doesn't have to be your romantic partner.

Yeah, one of the really important parts of relationships is that you have to be willing to cede that bit of control - things won't always go your way and you'll have to deal with another person's flaws as well as your own. If you like to go to concerts and your SO hates loud music and you're living together, it's likely that you'll go to less concerts regardless of how you'd live your life alone. It's all about finding someone that can give you more than their flaws limit your life.

Years
    Ahaha, well, from the girls that he has liked, and told me about, they're nothing like me: innocent, and actually girly. So that's what I'm basing my perception on :P I by no means would call myself girly. But yeah, even if he did, I'd probably turn him down because (1) he's leaving to the UK for 5+ years for medical school; (2) apparently he has commitment issues; and (3) even though I'm both Chinese, and Vietnamese, I'd prefer the former over the latter. Also, I have a personal preference for dating people the same age :c

Anyhow, already have someone in mind. He knows my feelings, but hasn't exactly responded to them yet. I'd rather give him as much time as he needs to realize what exactly he feels rather than searching for someone else at the moment (:

DOCTOR? MARRY HIM

he'll buy you every lv bag you need

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    LOL. As nice as having a doctor for a husband would be, I don't date those younger than myself :P And besides, still working on the current one ;;

Two years from now, I hope you are not still waiting ;;

Years
    I've got a girlfriend, we've known each other for over 2 years now. We started off on separate sides of the country, and we met online. Her in Florida, and me in Arizona. I Came and first visited her last year in May, and after being with her for a little over a week I decided I wanted to move to Florida and be with her. So after three months of saving every penny I could, I stuff all my belongings in my small car and drove accross the country.

Since then we've been living together and things have been going great for the pair of us. However about a week from now we'll be taking a pretty big step. My family still lives 2500 miles away and haven't met her, but we'll be taking a vacation to visit them starting the 4th of June. Not sure whether to look forward to that moment, or to dread it. I guess I'll find out when the time comes.

Oh yeah, she's on these forums too, Arylett Dawnsborough. She is super awesome friend! :3

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
    I'm in high school so naturally most of my relationships rarely last over a week, and I'm never quite sure if I'm single or not. But high school is a dangerous place, loads of hormonal teenagers desperate for somebody to 'fall in love with', like in a book or something. So usually I just tend to use my max repels on any possible signs or inklings of romance in any shape or form, because I just like to be alone (not in a weird way though) and watch scrubs and eat ben and jerry's and play settlers of catan and miscellaneous board games and so far nobody understands this of me. I feel like I'm 50 and divorced or something even though I am supposed to be a teenager but I'm scared of them and I do not understand youths today somebody please help me and also get off my lawn.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm in high school so naturally most of my relationships rarely last over a week, and I'm never quite sure if I'm single or not. But high school is a dangerous place, loads of hormonal teenagers desperate for somebody to 'fall in love with', like in a book or something. So usually I just tend to use my max repels on any possible signs or inklings of romance in any shape or form, because I just like to be alone (not in a weird way though) and watch scrubs and eat ben and jerry's and play settlers of catan and miscellaneous board games and so far nobody understands this of me. I feel like I'm 50 and divorced or something even though I am supposed to be a teenager but I'm scared of them and I do not understand youths today somebody please help me and also get off my lawn.

Scrubs and Settlers of Catan are very common young person activities, just probably you haven't figured out who would be into them in your high school (I'm assuming you're about to start or just finished your freshman year which means you have so much time left), or your area just isn't set up for nerds and if you keep your grades up and go to an academically rigorous college you'll easily find some nerds into the same things.

Years
    It's nice to see people sharing their relationship experiences. :D I am taken too and I am very satisfied. I have been with my girlfriend for about 8 mos. Juvenile Love <3

Back