• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Remove a Sinnoh Pokemon from existence

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Inspired by the "Let's Rewrite History" thread in the Fifth Generation section, what if you could remove one Sinnoh Pokemon from existence?

Myself, I'd remove either Chingling, since it's the most unnecessary baby Pokemon ever made, or Arceus since I find its design and concept very ridiculous.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Arceus. Because having an event programmed in the game that no one can access without getting something only a few people are able to get is just completely crap.

The same goes for Shaymin as well. Any sort of event like this where the developers screw with the players for literally no reason at all. I just don't like how I could transfer my Arceus to X/Y because it was downright hilarious how I pwned level 15 Pokemon. On that day in the world, countless Pokemon died off camera after being smitten by their creator.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Arceus. Because having an event programmed in the game that no one can access without getting something only a few people are able to get is just completely crap.

The same goes for Shaymin as well. Any sort of event like this where the developers screw with the players for literally no reason at all. I just don't like how I could transfer my Arceus to X/Y because it was downright hilarious how I pwned level 15 Pokemon. On that day in the world, countless Pokemon died off camera after being smitten by their creator.
    If Arceus and Shaymin have that problem in common, how about Darkrai?

Years
    If it hadn't have been for James in the anime I would have forgotten Carnivine completely. It's likely for the fact it's forgettable that I'd remove it.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Bye, Pachirisu. Only Se Jun Park will miss you. For the rest of us, you're uninspired and useless apart from your cute appearance and role as one of Dawn's Pokemon in the anime. Wouldn't mind you being out permanently.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
    Inspired by the "Let's Rewrite History" thread in the Fifth Generation section, what if you could remove one Sinnoh Pokemon from existence?

Myself, I'd remove either Chingling, since it's the most unnecessary baby Pokemon ever made, or Arceus since I find its design and concept very ridiculous.

Guys.. Respect the GOD. Well, what about Skuntank? I personally hate it.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Purugly. Besides being a total pain to fight when one of the Galactic Admins (Mars, I think?) uses it, it's totally hideous and doesn't interest me at all. It can go.

Skuntank is also pretty bad.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Sinnoh did introduce some of the best Pokemon to date imo, though there are one or two that could be removed. Ambipom is probably the one I'd remove considering I'm not really a fan of it at all. I was never initially a fan of the Aipom line to begin with and Ambipom hasn't really changed that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2016
    Carnivine. Nobody ever remembers him; If it weren't for his numerous appearances in the anime, he'd be a lost relic. Except minus the relic, because he sucks.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    I love all Sinnoh's Pokemon with all my heart so this is difficult ;-;
    But if i had to choose, it'll be the male combee. They don't do anything but just troll you and make the female combed harder to get :p

Years
    I would probably remove Probopass, I've always disliked that Pokemon.
    Either that, or Phione. I never really understood the point of Phione

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Wow I have too many to choose from. Ambipom, Tangrowth, Budew, Phione, Regigigas... They're unappealing additions to prior gen Pokemon that had creativity. Budew/Phione are useless babies because their 'second forms' are already quite small to hatch in an egg.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    Wow I have too many to choose from. Ambipom, Tangrowth, Budew, Phione, Regigigas... They're unappealing additions to prior gen Pokemon that had creativity. Budew/Phione are useless babies because their 'second forms' are already quite small to hatch in an egg.

You just made my Tangrowth cry.

I'd personally get rid of Arceus or Phione.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    4th gen was my favourite gen. I loved almost all of the Pokémon introduced, but if I could get rid of one, it would be carnivine. I also don't like chatot, male combee , burmy and wormadam, but not as much as carnivine ...

Midi

Charming Ghost~
    Years
    If I were to get rid of one, it would be the male Combee, because like other people said, it's just worthless to keep because it doesn't evolve like the females. Phione also counts, since it can't evolve into Manaphy and just feels worthless to have outside of Dex entries.

Years
    I'd have to get rid of Kricketune, design-wise I hate it and it hardly learns any moves in DP. Not to mention its...um...terrifying cry.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
    Finneon and Lumineon without a doubt. They're probably the most forgettable mons ever made. Let's be honest here, who actually remembers or uses one of those generic fish mons?

But if we want to look at this in a different light and choose a mon that's actually relevant, I would have to say Probopass. I mean, it's kinda...I don't know how to describe it. It feels pretty forgettable, too. All it's pretty much good for is bulk, even with Sturdy's buff, but for the sake of argument, let's only look at this from a Gen 4 perspective, back when Sturdy was next to useless. Along with that, did Nosepass really need an evolution a generation after it's introduction? Sure, Tangela, Togetic, and Sneasel got them too, but they're all actually really good and improve those three mons (even though their weaknesses don't change until Togekiss in Gen 6).

Now, enough bashing Probopass. As other people above have mentioned, Phione and Male Combee shouldn't exist either. Combee is probably the best example. Let me go over a backstory of back in the day of Diamond and Pearl. I caught a Combee and raised it up to use it in Battle Revolution because I thought it would eventually evolve into Vespiquen. Trust me, you don't want to know how salty I was when I realized that male Combees don't evolve at all.

Back