• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Trading and the like have always been iffy prospects in hacks themselves; it's rather interesting to see if the results even work because frankly no one really knows until it's tested. That said, I know that Touhoumon hacks like to give trade evolutions out and even events, and I know Throwback kept in all trade evolutions to better keep with the originals.

As for emulators, I know that ePSXe's mobile edition enables you to act as a server/client for such things... and that's the only one I've ever seen. Most Android emulators won't do Wi-Fi though; most (but not all) emulators on PC even don't have great capability for that outside of Kaillera clients or the like. I guess holding out for Retroarch in this case might be the wisest thing; it's netcode isn't exactly awesome yet but it's coming along.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Actually, there is an Android App for Trading/Battling o.o *gasp

It's called MyBoy. The full version allows bluetooth connection or wifi connection. My friend and I battled on Flora Sky alot that way :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2017
    Searching Hack Roms With Hoenn & Sinnoh Maps

Good evening to all. I write this post because I need your help, I hope the section is right, I don't understand english very well and I'm using Google translator.
    I wanted to know if there are hacks roms, possibly on the basis of Fire Red with the original maps of the regions of Hoenn and sinnoh. In case of affermative answer, can someone give me the link? Thanks!

Whoomay

Hand me a bottle of Rum mate!
    Years
  • Well you could just google that! ;) It would be cool if there would be a Yellow remake cuz i never had played yellow and i dont like the first gen pokemon games... I wish there could be a third gen remake of it...

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I remember this unfinished Sideshow hack named Synthetic Emerald (or something like that) which tried to recreate.... was it FireRed in Emerald or the other way around?

Not sure, it was a few years back. :/

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • Well in the following year i've been working on a emerald remake on a FR Base.
    I'm still working on graphics. When ill reach real progression you'll see it.
    And i'm trying to make a tram thread but it isn't approved...
    I'll try to post in Progressing Hacks 2 days from now.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Well there is a built-from-scratch Yellow remake made with the RPGMaker and Pokemon Essentials programs on the Creative Discussions forum, I downloaded it the other day. It's not complete but it goes up to victory road and is made with the B/W game engine so all pokemon will have movesets up to gen 5. The game also has breeding, so one can breed for a Pichu with Volt Tackle as the Pikachu you catch at the start will always hold a Light Ball. But as for actual ROM Hacks, there's no ROM Hack that uses the 3rd game engine that recreates the yellow version.

The hack Ash Gray and another similar hack Ash's Quest come close, but they take more influence from the anime than Yellow did. I think however the original Yellow would have been a bit better if they had stayed closer to the anime canon though, woulda helped make Yellow especially unique among the main games.

If a yellow hack is done that doesn't otherwise copy ash gray/ash's quest they should try using Emerald as a ROM base to allow for the EV reducing berries, that's pretty important in any 3rd gen game. The 4th gen phys/special split might be another thing to have implimented since otherwise so many pokemon end up alienated from use. I mean Butterfree might not be super strong, but having it's best moves considered physical (like silver wind and air cutter) is honestly absurd and it makes it way weaker than it should be.

Another reason to use Emerald is that Hoenn's map is very similar to Kanto's in term's of town placement. The hack Pokemon Flora is a great example of how using Hoenn's map to make a whole new place to explore is indeed possible, so it's not impossible to change every town to match Kanto's layout. In the same go you have the benefit of additional towns for extra events to make this hypothetical remake of yellow better. This also allows for more encounters with Jessie and James since they were underused in the original yellow.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    There's Throwback for FireRed/LeafGreen.

As for Yellow... nope. AFAIK the main hurdle is getting Pokemon to follow you.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    As for Yellow... nope. AFAIK the main hurdle is getting Pokemon to follow you.

Yeah the maker of AshGray lamented that a lot and he's not sure if it can be done at all. A shame because depending on certain events one might wish to apply to such a project it'd be important to have more than just Pikachu out of it's pokeball like with how HG/SS were done, or in some cases all of one's pokemon for a particular story event be out of their pokeball for whatever reason.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Well technically Pokemon LeafGreen/FireRed are Remakes of Pokemon Blue. As for Pokemon Yellow, there is no official remake. If you are talking about Hacked Remakes. There is no Blue or Yellow remakes. There was were a few in the works for Pokemon Yellow, but there has been no info on those hacks for more than a year now.

Byte me

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    I've played most of the mainstream hacks and none of them had that. Not saying there isn't one but I doubt it. It really is a cool idea tho :D

Valknarok

Founder of Xil Projects
    Years
  • Pokemon Stadium/Stadium 2 hacks?

Hey there, I'm currently in the process of creating a Pokemon Red version hack, and I have every other generation planned for in the future. My question is are there Pokemon Stadium/Stadium 2 hacks, and if so, does Pokecommunity contain a sub-community dedicated to this? I mainly seek potential hack tools, but am also looking to connect with anyone who has hacked these two games, or who is interested in the idea. I have a plethora of ideas, so let's go!

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2016
    Are there any Hard mods of Oras or X/Y?

Hi i have been trying to find some hard mods of ORAS or X/Y but i cant seem to find any, i know it is possible, especially with the trainer data editor SciresM made for both games which lets you edit the trainers you fight against.
    So i wanted to know whether i havent found any because there aren´t any or because i am not looking on the right places

Back