• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Small Writing Contest 2018

Bay

Years
Small Writing Competition!
Judged by Bay and gimmepie.

f5VPKbS.jpg

Welcome everyone to the Small Writing Competition! Ready to write a story based on this year's prompt that will impress the two judges and the rest of PC? Great!

But first, a few rules to keep in mind.

Rules
1.) Follow PC's rules and Fanfiction and Writing's rules.
2.) The stories written for this competition must be completely new. In other words, they must not have been written before and not posted anywhere else until judging is over.
3.) You must PM your entries to all of the judges. (This is so if someone loses their PMs the others still have them and so forth). The judges in question are Bay and gimmepie. You also must post in this thread when you send your PMs so we can confirm you did send us an entry.
4.) One entry per member only, sorry.
5.) You have until 11:59pm EDT, July 27th July 30th to get your entry in.
6.) The story can be based on Pokemon or be original fiction. Note the judges may not all be familiar with any other fandoms.
7.) The entry can only be a completed one-shot as this is a small writing competition - no chaptered entries, please!
8.) Please don't publicly post your stories until the competition is over! Once the scores are posted and the competition is over, you may post your story in Fanfiction and Writing so that others may see it. Make sure to add [SWC] to your title if you do!

If you have any other questions, ask away!

Scoring and Prompt
Each entry can have a maximum score of 30, with the points broken down into three categories equaling 10 points in total like in previous years. The categories are:

Spelling and Grammar
Characterization, Plot, and Description
Relevance to Prompt

After the event, z-crystals and points will be awarded to the winners for their tribe. 1st place gets a Marshadium Z (500 pts), 2nd place gets a Fightinium Z (50 pts), and third places gets a Normalium Z (20 pts)!

The prompt is survival, so good luck with making use of that in your story!

Entrants

1. Venia Silente
2. Chr Draco​

Last edited:
Years
I can work with this prompt. It's simple and there's a lot of ways you take it!

I'm in, I'll be fairly busy the next couple of days but I'll try my best to submit something.

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
How's people's writing going?

I'm trying to focus enough to glue and connect the scenes I already have. The extreme cold and a winter bug rounding us down at the office are making things harder than they need to be. Hopefully I'm the only one here to deal with my country's silly idea of winter trolling.

Bay

Years
83e.jpg

Okay guys, you have about 24 hours left to turn in your entries to me and gimmepie! So far we haven't gotten any entries yet, so yeah if you guys plan to write for this prompt turn it in before the deadline!

Bay

Years
Bumping this to mention you guys have 3 hours to turn in your entries to me and gimmepie! After doing that, say so here!

Last edited:

Bay

Years
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Okay, so the deadline has passed, and we only have Venia's entry. Gimmepie and I have been talking, and we decided with the weekend coming up that we'll have you guys take advantage of that. That means NEW DEADLINE NOW IS JULY 30TH 11:59pm EDT.

Yes, three extra days so use that time wisely folks! To Venia, if you want you can make some changes/adjustments to your entry and re enter it to me and gimmpie.

Good luck, everyone! Hope to see at least a few entries then!

Last edited:
Back