• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Splatoon 2

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Not even gonna buy it - it's like 60 euro, man. Why even. Console gaming ridic monies ._.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Story mode was a disappointment since they hyped it up in trailers, but other than that, it's been pretty fun. Once you get high enough to do ranked battles, it really starts getting addicting. I do miss the Killer Wail and Inkstrike though!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I've been spending so much time enjoying playing Splatoon 2, as well as watching Shark Week, I keep forgetting to post in this forum.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Isn't this game like, terrible for friends to play with one another? Haven't played the game myself but after listening to a podcast it sounded like the only way you can actually queue up with friends is through League Mode (which you have to unlock/gain the right to play.) Is that correct?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Nintendo makes so many baffling decisions when it comes to multiplayer and online aspects in their games. I guess that's why it's free (for now) >_> It's ridiculous that in order to play with friends you have to join them (maybe wait for a few games) and then not even be on the same team. And having to use a phone app to voice chat? C'mon.

It's not a bad game by any means though. We had the mayo vs ketchup splatfest this weekend, which was my first time joining one of these, and I thought it was pretty damn fun.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Nintendo makes so many baffling decisions when it comes to multiplayer and online aspects in their games. I guess that's why it's free (for now) >_> It's ridiculous that in order to play with friends you have to join them (maybe wait for a few games) and then not even be on the same team. And having to use a phone app to voice chat? C'mon.

It's not a bad game by any means though. We had the mayo vs ketchup splatfest this weekend, which was my first time joining one of these, and I thought it was pretty damn fun.

Do you think any of those bad judgement calls are fixable? Like in a patch?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Do you think any of those bad judgement calls are fixable? Like in a patch?

I'm pretty sure most of the issues are fixable, it's just that Nintendo is too damn stubborn to even consider it. A lot of the issues with Splatoon 2 were present in the first game as well. People complained about it, and what does Nintendo do? They say **** it and actually make some aspects worse! {XD} Nintendo refuses to accept simple industry standards expected of online games in 2017. Its really mind boggling

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I'm pretty sure most of the issues are fixable, it's just that Nintendo is too damn stubborn to even consider it. A lot of the issues with Splatoon 2 were present in the first game as well. People complained about it, and what does Nintendo do? They say **** it and actually make some aspects worse! {XD} Nintendo refuses to accept simple industry standards expected of online games in 2017. Its really mind boggling

The only thing I don't see really being feasibly changed is the communication speak outlet. Isn't the only way to communicate over headsets via an app that has to be used with the game? Stupidity aside, I feel like they would have invested too much money into that feature to just outright drop it you know?

Years
  • It's a good enough game from what I can see, but not all that different from the original. If they make adjustments and keep adding content as time goes by like they did before then it could get better, but for now it's just kinda more of the same.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • It's a good enough game from what I can see, but not all that different from the original. If they make adjustments and keep adding content as time goes by like they did before then it could get better, but for now it's just kinda more of the same.

What kind of changes would you like to see from this sequel to make it stand out from the original?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • What kind of changes would you like to see from this sequel to make it stand out from the original?

Being able to play offline versions of the normal game but against competent computer players as if playing against other people. The single player levels don't really train you to go against seasoned players who will wipe the floor with you. More types of ranked games would be good, too.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • We're getting new stages for Turf Wars and Salmon Run:

We're also getting a superpower-themed Splatfest with Flight vs. Invisibility.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Manta Maria? {XD} The level actually looks really fun. Just in time as well! The current stages leave a lot to be desired. Moray Towers (which is from the first game) is probably my current favorite map. The Bubble Launcher looks a like a decent special too.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I bought it. I'm so bad. It's very difficult. Teach me Ben :(

Years
  • We're also getting a superpower-themed Splatfest with Flight vs. Invisibility.

I'm someone who never plays the Splatoon games, but I think Invisibility may be the most picked team... because it's Marina's team and I know how much people love her more than Pearl.

But then again, Pearl's team won the last Splatfest...

Cake vs Ice Cream was one-sided from the get-go. I blame Marina's popularity on Ice Cream's win back then.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • This splatfest has the chance of being pretty even in terms of sides. The last one (Mayo vs Ketchup) was pretty lopsided, but the less popular team won out in the end. I went with Mayo for that reason last time, but this time I'm going with I actually prefer. Flight!

Also, Manta Maria is pretty big level, which I love. Most of the new maps are pretty small, and I suck at close combat, lol.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Great game, having a lot of fun with it. =) Single player mode was also better, bar the final boss.

Also going for Flight this splatfest. Went Cake and Mayo in previous ones.
    Isn't this game like, terrible for friends to play with one another? Haven't played the game myself but after listening to a podcast it sounded like the only way you can actually queue up with friends is through League Mode (which you have to unlock/gain the right to play.) Is that correct?
    I realise this is a late reply, but I would hardly use the phrase 'terrible'. One of my qualms is that League Mode is a poor implementation (that is, it does take some work to play with friends in the Ranked/competitive matches), but it is not the only way to play with friends! Anytime someone on your friend list is on Turf war (the regular mode) you can jump in.

Furthermore, the new Salmon Run mode (not in the original game) also lets you join up with friends and has no restrictions. And it's hella fun.

Back