• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Starter evolutions and new Pokémon leaked

Years
  • gigantamax lapras is 10/10

I hope the starter evolutions are not final yet, I don't like some of it. though grookey's final evolution looks cool :o

Years
  • Bear trap Stunfisk is awesome.

The regional caterpillar seems to have a glowy motif, I like it.

Also, yay for Corviknight's first stage being a blue tit, I love those! The blue tit is, like, THE common songbird down in grandma's village. They sing tootootoo-tootootoo-tootootoo.

I think we have seen over 40 new Pokémon over the last few days of leaking, which is, well, a lot. With this I've decided I'm no longer looking at leaks, at all. I've seen quite enough and I still want to be surprised when playing the game. So until I get the game, no more spoilers for me; you guys go ahead and have fun!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I have decided on about half of my playthrough team after looking at the leaks. Sobble is adorable in his starter form and I really like its final evolution if it's real. Not seen any Grass types I want to use yet though. I am getting Shield and like what Galar Rapidash looks like if it's legit.

My team so far:

Sobble's final evolution
    Galarian Rapidash
    Tsareena (Lilligant if it's in)

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2020
    Definitely hyped. So many pokemon I want to add to my team. The octopus, Grimmsnarl, G Rapidash, Obstagoon etc. Lovin it

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It is very hard to tell if these are real or not, with how blurry they are, I just can't help, but think they are fake. The Scorbunny Evo, doesn't look like the final evolution unless the one shown is the second. And the others, they just don't look like pokemon and are almost too simple for even pokemon.

It is very easy to create something that we have already heard from as legit leaker and make it look real. We need to remember the Grinch Leak last year for Super Smash Bros, all of that was fake and it was because it was blurry.

If these were real and he has the book at home, why are the picture so blurry? it isn't like he would get in trouble for taking pictures.

I am not saying all of them are fake, as some could be real still. But, I don't think all of them are.

Having yet another version of meowth also make me very skeptical. If I remember the leak right that was legit, it said Meowth had a Galarian Evolution, not a form.

More Pokemon just keep leaking... I'm starting to wonder how this person got a hold of the games early. I guess this happens all the time, but?

Has this ever happened where all the Pokemon were being leaked two weeks before like this?

BW the entire Pokedex was leaked about six months to a year before release.
    XY the a store in Europe sold games early and people hacked and datamined it.
    SM the games came in the mail early and people datamined everything.
    And now SwSh possibly the Pokemon SwSh Strategy Guide has come out early and people are taking pictures of it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • This baby was just added to the article, along with a higher quality version of its final evolution:

Spoiler:

awwwww

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • BW the entire Pokedex was leaked about six months to a year before release.
    XY the a store in Europe sold games early and people hacked and datamined it.
    SM the games came in the mail early and people datamined everything.
    And now SwSh possibly the Pokemon SwSh Strategy Guide has come out early and people are taking pictures of it.

Last I read on IG, it seems possible for hackers to hack into the games and datamine because of the preordering on the eShop themselves; at least they could even datamine ORAS from just the demo alone back then if I remembered right.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    This might be the first generation where I don't like any of the fully evolved starters. They just feel unpolished to me, like they were rushed to meet a deadline. Rillaboom's drum looks awkward to carry around, while Intellion is just a tad too anthropomorphic (there's a good design in there, might need to see it in action first). Cinderace isn't any better imo - the bottom half in particular looks too human.
    That said I like the foxes, Gigantomax Garbodor and Galarian Stunfisk. Impidimp's evolutions are giving me hope that it might really be Galar's pseudo.

Last I read on IG, it seems possible for hackers to hack into the games and datamine because of the preordering on the eShop themselves; at least they could even datamine ORAS from just the demo alone back then if I remembered right.
    SM's data was datamined too. Then iirc someone streamed the rom (or an early copy) on Youtube.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • BW the entire Pokedex was leaked about six months to a year before release.

But BW didn't come out internationally at the same time...

Anyway, omfg we're getting Galarian formes that aren't Kanto. (Yes, I'm aware of Galarian Zigzagoon) I feel like whenever I wake up, more leaks just keep coming.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Lots of fursona-looking Pokémon. Not saying it as an inherently negative thing, but there's quite a number of them.

I really have to question what Game Freak's decision-making process is for some of these. They took a Pokémon that was essentially a silly masseuse and turned it into a bear trap; on top of which, it functions as this game's mimic, but there was a mimic from that generation already. Are there no mushrooms in England that they felt they needed a new bear-trap mimic instead of just using Foongus/Amoonguss? Nothing against Galarian Stunfisk, but it's a far cry from its original intent. Which truthfully is better than most regional variants, which are simply recolors and retypings, but it just makes you wonder--why not just use the original mimics?

Which also ties into my questioning about the ice moth. It looks like white Volcarona. When you have Galarian forms like Meowth that could absolutely pass as a separate Pokémon, alongside recolors like Alolan Meowth and Vulpix, why make the white Volcarona its own Pokémon instead of Galarian Volcarona? Don't get me wrong, the ice moth is one of the few designs I like from this generation--and I like it a lot. But it's just so curious. I hope they give some insight into this decision-making in the future: what determines if a design gets made into a new Pokémon rather than a regional variant?

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • SM's data was datamined too. Then iirc someone streamed the rom (or an early copy) on Youtube.

Yes I just didn't mention the games thereafter since ORAS came first, it's not even hard to think of the fact the games that come after with all the leaks were hacked into the same way, too.

Tbh I am quite pleased with the leaks; I really need an idea on what and how I should have my teams made around, especially on their final evolution and everything.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I do like the white insect with with wings, I was getting vibes that it was the the early route month/butterfly like Vivillion,
    Dustox or Butterfree. I want to use that pokemon and the fox provided they are real.

If the evolutions for Impidimp are real I am running from these abominations like the plague should these masses of hair cross my screen in the wild.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    Apparently the ice moth *might be* a Shield exclusive and the fire centipede is Sword.
    So the ice moth should probably be getting a gmax form too. Maybe it's the actual Mothra.

Last edited:

Sugar-Fable

Pokemon Princess
    Years
  • That's good for me because I ended up preordering Shield for Galarian Ponyta and really like that moth line~

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I do like the white insect with with wings, I was getting vibes that it was the the early route month/butterfly like Vivillion,
    Dustox or Butterfree. I want to use that pokemon and the fox provided they are real.

If the evolutions for Impidimp are real I am running from these abominations like the plague should these masses of hair cross my screen in the wild.
    Aw, I rather like its evolutions @ Impidimp.
    Apparently the ice moth *might be* a Shield exclusive and the fire centipede is Sword.
    So the ice moth should probably be getting a gmax form too. Maybe it's the actual Mothra.
    I like the centipede, but I also like the ice moth. If it is a version exclusive I've a bunch of trading to do, as I'm getting Sword. :V

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    Looks like there's no new eeveelutions...
    Starter evolutions and new Pokémon leaked

Assuming all the eeveelutions are together in the dex, and they are in order of their first appearance, the one after Glaceon should be Sylveon and then there's no more room for new ones.
    Sad.
    (Also Flapple is apparently Grass/Dragon, so I'll have to update my sig once this is common knowledge!)

Clarabelle

~Elegant and sweet Mademoiselle~
    Years
  • Apparently the ice moth *might be* a Shield exclusive and the fire centipede is Sword.
    Again I'm happy, that I've decided for the Shield edition. I don't really like the fire centipede. Well, that is, if the leak turns out true and the ice moth is really an exclusive for Shield.

But I'm quite disappointed about the starter evolutions. I believe this will be the first time for me, that there is a generation with starters I can't really connect with. If it stays like this– and I am more or less convinced, that these leaks are true, then I probably won't let my chosen starter evolve (*sigh*), since like this they are still pretty cute.

Then there is also the Galarian Rapidash leak. I so hoped it would turn out more like this:
    Spoiler:

I've recently seen it in a screenshot of a CoroCoro magazine page– in fact, until today I've believed, that this cutie would be the final evolution of Galarian Ponyta, since it also looked like it was drawn by a professional (without the watermarks of course). And now, it turns out to be a–although well made fake.
    This seems to be the true one:
    Spoiler:

I don't think it's bad, but it's not really a design I've craved for... It just looks a bit weird to me, like it hopped out of a popular TV show for small children. And where the heck are its wings?! I hope, that they will make it psychic/fairy type at least.

What I'm actually really liking is the Galarian Corsola:
    Spoiler:

I really hope, that this leak turns out true, since I totally want it in my team! And I also hope, that it's type will be ghost. If it's a version exclusive, it would be also very nice, if I could catch it in Shield.

What I've also heard is, that Zamazenta eventually will be of the ghost/fairy type. I could't hope for any better, since I'm quite a fan of this type combination.xD

Last edited:
    Back