• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Starter evolutions and new Pokémon leaked

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Rrggh, why didn't I see this earlier??? But anyways, The Water and Grass final evos are extremely good and I can now safely say that Water and Grass will be officially my picks for the games. Based on design, I'm predicting Water/Fighting and maybe Grass/Rock

MySummerJob

Returning Pokemon Collector
Years
Kind of hope the Grookey ones are fake. Grookey is my favourite of the starters atm and that might change if those are real.
Ok, am I the only one who does NOT like the Grookey evo (if it's real)? All I can say is....POOR GROOKEY!

I dig the Sobble evo though. Might join the Sobble squad now.

Yeah, these are my viewpoints on these leaks as well (hoping the final evo for Grookey is fake), and if it real then it's enough to make me switch to Sobble (I actually like Sobble's evolutions) when game comes out. I wanna play with a monkey and keep it that way, not turn it into an ape (Nor do I want to be like Ash and not evolve my starter =/).

However, if these are (unfortunately for us Grookey Gang members that aren't fans) real then I'm curious to see how Scorbunny's evolutions will be? Hoping that the they'll be good for the fans of the fire-bunny.

Years
I've seen quite a few of the leaks (not all though) so now I am just waiting for the Scorbunny evo leak. Ideally, I would love an official trailer on these final evos before the game becomes available to most people - showing off their types and personalities. There seems to be plenty of hidden pokemon so it shouldn't be too big a 'reveal'. (Side note: If the no of pokemon we are getting is quite high, then why on earth weren't more shown off? SwSh sorely needed it).

Either way, from what I have seen - I think this has the potential to become one of my favourite selection of pokemon, no matter the quality of the games.

Last edited:
Years
I think the fox is brilliant. There's a lot of content coming out, and I can't discern what is real and what is fake. I hope the fascinating kitsune is real. Though Grookey's middle stage evo continues the design alright, I kinda hop his final evolution is fake. I believe the third stage evos came from a different source than the middle stage evos for sobble and grookey.

For what it's worth most of the images I am seeing do at least look convincing, especially the graphics of the large outdoor areas that appear to be the ourskirts of gym, Pokemon camp with other Pokemon running through the scenes. I'd be honestly surprised if everything was Photoshopped in and none of these were legit leaks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
If the gigantamax mons are real.....oh yeah, Garbodor did deserve some love, that's actually awesome maybe because it's too easy to impress me :< Machamp and crab-gandalf Kingler look awesome as well, but Cinderace seems too small for a final evo. What if it's the unevolved second form( I know this is unconfirmed, just saying).
Oh God, the Sobble final evo looks ... weird, to say the least. It doesn't seem legit.

Last edited:

Sugar-Fable

Pokemon Princess
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well if these are true, then I'm likely choosing Scorbunny as my starter. Was waiting for Gamefreak to announce the evos to choose - was mostly trying to decide between Scorbunny and Grookey, but I really didn't want a gorilla.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I do hope the Galarian Meowth is fake, though. idk, that one looks pretty weird to me. I'm wondering how real these guidebook leaks are, though? It looks really convincing that it could be the real deal, but. I'm staying skeptical about it.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Gigantmax Garbador actually looks pretty terrifying, and I kinda like it. From what I've seen of the other final forms of the starters, it seems like I'll end up going with Grookey in the end. There was also some pictures of some new snake and fire-bug pokemon which I hope are real.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I really like the leaked (Be it real or fake) Galarian Meowth, and the purple unnamed little baby monster.
Sobble's final evolution is growing on me despite me kind of regretting being part of the Sobble gang but yeh.
Will be using Grookey in Shield and Sobble in Sword; Scorbunny's been disappointing for me since the first stage and I still don't like the leaked final form.

EDIT: I absolutely love that Centipede and that Python Pokemon! They're definitely going on my teams!

Last edited:
Years
I love the starter evolutions so far, however the ones in the article appear to be shiny. The leaker has also posted non-shiny pictures of them on his Twitter, which match the colour schemes of Grookey and Sobble. Here is the picture, cropped to include both the apparently shiny (on the left) and non-shiny look (on the right):

View attachment 89574

Didn't have a chance to make edits last night, but article's been updated! Thanks. =)

Years
The guidebook images do show the same 3rd stages of Grookey and Sobble as pictured elsewhere, even from a slightly different angle - so far, they seem quite convincing.

According to the guidebook pictures, all starter final evolutiones are single-type, which is nice, we haven't had that in 20 years (though I would have loved a Rock-type star Grookey).

As being animated has become an integral part of Pokémon design, the still images we have certainly don't show us the whole idea behind them or how cool they actually are.

Imagine having a still of Decidueye without it shooting arrows. That's what we've got.

The Grookey final evolution, supposedly called Rillaboom, looks great. It probably has a neat way of putting its drum away when not battling that we are yet to see, like its pre-evolutions keep their drumsticks in their hair (can be seen in leaked images of a camp).

The Scorbunny final evolution, supposedly called Cinderace, is too blurry in the guidebook image to make out anything more than that it looks like a footballer in a jersey. I need better images for opinions.

The Sobble final evolution, called Intelleon (I refer to the old leak that predicted everything correctly for that one, its name isn't in frame in the image), looks the most unusual to me. I do like it, but I can't see what it is supposed to do, or why the head fin is shaped the way it is... This is a problem of the unmoving image. I eagerly await seeing it move to clarify this, and then it will surely be an awesome Pokémon James Bond. I do see a tuxedo. It might have all sorts of cool spy gadgets incorporated in its body that we don't see (Decidueye situation).

Last edited:
Years
to elaborate on my last post:

i think out of any and every gorilla design Game Freak could've gone with, Rillaboom's design is one of, if not the least offensive they could've gone with. i think when people immediately think "gorilla", they imagined this sort of big-bellied ugly creature. i think people's worst fear was that Grookey was going to end up being an uglier grass version of Slaking. so all things considered, i'd say the Grookey Gang got off really easy this generation. what we got essentially amounted to Grass-type Donkey Kong with long hair, so i'm not upset. maybe that's just me though that's getting mad DK vibes from this.

Intelleon.... i'm not sure how to feel about it. i will be honest and say that it's not my favourite design for a final evolution water starter. i'd have preferred if it was less like a twig, but it's not particularly offensive to me, either. i can imagine this growing on me over time. i want to see what it looks like in battle/in motion.

i feel a similar way about Cinderace. it might look better in its actual model than in art, perhaps. maybe in motion, too.

Back