• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Starter evolutions and new Pokémon leaked

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • You clearly didn't saw this one :
    Spoiler:

Empoleon is laughing.

Lel, those are actual mons? Though tbh, they are better than some revealed things I've seen so far.

Seems to be quite a lot of repeat animals this time, hm? Although personally I don't mind of course.

Years
  • Lel, those are actual mons? Though tbh, they are better than some revealed things I've seen so far.

Seems to be quite a lot of repeat animals this time, hm? Although personally I don't mind of course.

Yes. From what I understand, the ice on his head can melt. That's NoIce. :rowlyikes:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I'm going to be so salty if none of my other teammates make it into the post-game 'dex (which is supposedly going to include another 200 or so Pokémon). Based on the "full Pokédex" leak (which doesn't include the post-game 'dex), the only member of my team that made it was Flareon...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Eternatus is giving me Ultra Beast feelings. It may be and invader that will make Zamacyan and Zamazenta join forces to fight.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • If the leaks are real, which at this point, it is hard to say unless someone went way beyond, which wouldn't surprised me.... There....

Spoiler:

They could always add more like in SM/USUM/Let's Go. and Event Legends haven't been revealed. Which I am going to assume there is 3 to 6. They won't be revealed till someone can Datamine the game or they keep them out of the data till release.

As for Scorbunny, I retract my option on its final. It actually looks nice with a clear picture, but still a little too human for me.

As for fossils.... yeah not a massive fan.... they just look to childish. Perhaps they will look better in the actual game, but if I have to choose one and it actually looks ok, it would have to be the 4th one in the chart posted.

There are some really nice ones posted. I can't really call any terrible except for fossils and Sobble's final. I have a pretty clear idea on who my team is if they are all in shield.

Yes. From what I understand, the ice on his head can melt. That's NoIce. :rowlyikes:

This one is real? I didn't see it in any of the charts.

Last edited:
    Years
  • This one is real? I didn't see it in any of the charts.

I believe so, he was in the latest batch of leaks.

Spoiler:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I can't keep up with all of this. I've missed out on too much and have absolutely no idea what's going on.

*sighs*

Oh well...

I guess?

😖

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I believe so, he was in the latest batch of leaks.

Spoiler:

I guess I haven't seen the latest leaks. Is it by the same guy on twitter who has been leaking or a new person?

Edit: You are right, there is quite a few not listed in the article post above. So there is way more than the number I posted earlier.

Last edited:
    Years
  • A lot of these designs are giving me throwback vibes to things like Legend of Zelda and Banjo Kazooie, an older sort of feel to them. Especially the Galar-natives, it's actually a little jarring to see some of the new Pokemon because they would look right at home in a remastered A Link to the Past or Windwaker. But they ARE very interesting, in that manner, even if some of them look so different from each other they could be from different games entirely. Prior Pokemon games had a sort of flow to the designs in that you could take one look and immediately think 'Pokemon'. Some of these I wouldn't have actually guessed WERE Pokemon without context. That inconsistency is going to throw me off a bit for sure, even if each individual design is neat or otherwise intriguing.

Years
  • Edit: You are right, there is quite a few not listed in the article post above. So there is way more than the number I posted earlier.

The ice penguins were added very shortly after release, so yes, they're there. Pretty sure we have most if not all of them. Make sure you check both image galleries (top one is for leaks from today onwards, and one at bottom is for earlier leaks) and the graph is leaks from November 3 and earlier. If you find any missing, feel free to let us know 👍

Years
  • I have quite mixed feelings. First off, the starter evolutions are simply horrendous! Very disappointing if they are indeed real. However, some of the newly introduced pokemon are quite aesthetically appealing.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Hey, uh, the ice Penguin is the same Pokemon, it's just form differences. Just figured I'd mention this. They're not different Pokemon.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • It's hard to imagine that anything will ever usurp Necrozma as my favorite, but holy psyduck, Eternatus is just...heartstopping. Oftentimes, it doesn't feel like a Pokemon is used as criticism; but in this case, it's true - Eternatus does not feel like a Pokemon. It feels like some - unholy eldritch horror from who-knows-where, intruding upon our beloved Pokemon world, just as it presumably will in the story itself. I was pretty shocked the first time I saw the Ultra Beasts, but this design goes above and beyond. Eternatus is exactly what I want to see in Pokemon games (and in general); I cannot wait to see the story behind it.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • The dex expansion seems to be fake... But it was officially mentioned that Mew can be obtained, yet its not in the Dex... Also, Zeraora, USUM UBs, and Meltan family needs justice...

Years
  • I am ready for several of the new Pokemon, the ice moth, the fox, the dreepy line, hatterene, the poison/electric dinosaur, my sobble, alcremie. But what Game Freak is doing with the pokedex is horrific, cutting more than 500 Pokemon from the other 7 regions if the leak is to be believed, and at this point I think it is extremely likely. Since we can't import Pokemon not in the Galar dex from Pokemon Bank to Pokemon Home the majority of the Pokemon are pretty much floating around in limbo, and major pokemon like every starter other than Charmander. Psyduck it! That's trubbish! The whole point of moving over to the Nintendo switch was supposed to be because the creative team had pushed the 3ds to the limits of what it could do in that format, and wanted to offer a more comprehensive Pokemon experience. Fair enough. But I didn't skrimp and save for a Nintendo Switch so I could end up with less Pokemon than I had in USUM. I kept an open mind to gigantamaxing, and kept an open mind to the starter final evolutions, but this is the most alienating thing GF could have done. I can't even...

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • There are some of the new Pokemon shown which I like a lot most notably the Apple Dragon line, the Sobble line and Galarian Rapidash line. I like all three initial starter stages too. There are very few Galar Pokemon shown who I dislike. (Impidimp line and Galar Stunfisk)

However the hype I have for the game is reduced significantly by how many old Pokemon were cut. Let's Go were made on the Switch yet a large part of Gen 1 cannot go to Galar. No Garchomp, Metagross or Dragonite. No Lilligant, Lycanroc or Zoroark. I can use the old Pokemon in the older games but wasn't moving onto the Switch to enable the whole dex to be on.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I am ready for several of the new Pokemon, the ice moth, the fox, the dreepy line, hatterene, the poison/electric dinosaur, my sobble, alcremie. But what Game Freak is doing with the pokedex is horrific, cutting more than 500 Pokemon from the other 7 regions if the leak is to be believed, and at this point I think it is extremely likely. Since we can't import Pokemon not in the Galar dex from Pokemon Bank to Pokemon Home the majority of the Pokemon are pretty much floating around in limbo, and major pokemon like every starter other than Charmander. Psyduck it! That's trubbish! The whole point of moving over to the Nintendo switch was supposed to be because the creative team had pushed the 3ds to the limits of what it could do in that format, and wanted to offer a more comprehensive Pokemon experience. Fair enough. But I didn't skrimp and save for a Nintendo Switch so I could end up with less Pokemon than I had in USUM. I kept an open mind to gigantamaxing, and kept an open mind to the starter final evolutions, but this is the most alienating thing GF could have done. I can't even...

You'll still get the chance to use the other Pokémon in future games, it's not like they'll be shut out from Pokémon forever. To be honest the Dexit issue has been ongoing for months & months, seriously do people not get sick of complaining, it's so beyond me.

I am quite upset personally about Venusaur not being in the game but oh well, I'll be using a brand new team with brand new Pokémon in game anyway and that'll be alright and the ones that can't be transferred into Galar now will stay in my Ultra Moon for until they've a slot in future games.

& yes I do not really like Charizard always getting the limelight but it's all about business at the end of the day and whoever is more popular will get more hype.

Last edited:
    Back