• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starters shown! What do you think?

Years
    • Seen today
    I think they all look good, but so did Sobble and Litten and look what they evolve into :P

Fuecoco is the one I like more, but since first stages are pretty irrelevant because you spend with them a few hours at best, I'd just check how they are in their final forms and what types they get and choose based on that.

I guess this region is being based on a Spanish speaking country, because Sprigatito and Fuecoco names are made of Spanish words.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    ....so I take it I'm the only one who looked at the Fire starter and thought "it's an apple? why is it an apple, is it gonna be Fire/Grass later?"

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    ....so I take it I'm the only one who looked at the Fire starter and thought "it's an apple? why is it an apple, is it gonna be Fire/Grass later?"

Nope that was my exact first thought. Apple.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I also thought the Fire starter was an apple. But knowing that starters had to be animals I knew it also couldn't.

The names of the starters… are definitely going to take some time to remember.

Another thing that was discussed earlier on was start final evo typing possibilities, so I'll throw my hat into the ring:

Grass -> Grass/Steel (Please! Grass/Rock was also mentioned earlier and that could also work because of that typing not having many weaknesses. Yes, the two types with the most weaknesses combine to make a combination with not a lot of weaknesses.)
    Fire -> Fire/Ground
    Water -> Water/Flying

I was thinking a more interesting choice for the last one, but as it stands, all 3 starters would have a typing where each one has only two weaknesses including one quad weakness. And with the other starter types having at least one Ground representative, I can see Fire getting one as well soon.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    They look cute. But they also remind me a lot of the gen 8 starters. Honestly, this is the first time every where I'm like "maybe I'll bench my starter". Like, as cute and adorable as they seem, all I'm thinking is "they look like merch". :(

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    For the first time since gen 1, I think I will have a hard time to choose which starter I should pick since I like all of them. They may look weird but all in a good way :)

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • To throw in more things to discuss, what do you all think the stat dirstribution of the starters would end up like? I personally interpret it, with the typings I predict, to be:

Grass starter: Grass/Steel final evo, most significant stat shall be special attack. Everything else is roughly balanced, with HP and speed being more favoured.

Fire starter: Fire/Ground final evo, is the fastest of the three. It is also a physical attacker.

Water starter: Water/Flying final evo, is the bulkiest of the three. It has mixed offenses, with physical attack being slightly higher.

The lowest stats for the Grass and Fire starters are to be the attacking stats they don't use, that being physical and special attack respectively. And for the Water starter it would be speed.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • While I don't go into too much info when it comes to stats, so I don't know what type is superior in stats ect, I do like to speculate.

~ I think Sprigatito will end up being Grass/Psychic. With it being likely inspired by a Lynx, I was thinking of a darker typing like Poison/Psychic/Dark, but I didn't know what. Something about its eyes are saying Psychic. It would be speedy and special attacker.
    It could also be a Fairy type to complete the triangle.
    ~ I think Fuecoco will end up being Fire/Steel so he isn't too similar to Krookodile. Would probably be good Att, but slow.
    ~ I think Quaxly will end up being Water/Fighting because I think it will be inspired by a Matador. It will be be superior in Def and Sp. Def and maybe speed.

Years
  • I really like them! I usually like starters, but not quite a much or this soon as these. They just struck a chord with me. They seem cuter than average starter set somehow?

I'm undecided between Sprigatito and Fuecoco for favourites - leaning a bit towards Fuecoco (it's so jolly and goofy). Quaxly is really growing on me as well - all the Donald Duck jokes please the Donald Duck fan in me, haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2023
    I love all of these starters (mainly because they are adorable).

As for which one I'm going to pick, probably Sprigatito (mainly because I love cats). Hopefully, it'll stay quadruped, if mainly to differentiate it further from the Litten evolution line (by the way, the fanart that people have produced Litten and Sprigatito together is very sweet).

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    The Marijuana kitty has the most Anime girl face and is quite cute.. I would name it Catnip. I hope it does not become bipedal in evolutions and becomes sabertooth like.

The Apple/Red Chilli pepper ...Dino/croc is cute and derpy.. I hope to see hair/stem evolve into flames in evolutions

The Donald duck water type is cute, but kind of basic.. I hope to see it hides things in its hair/cap.. then evolves into Water/ Flying Battle Flamingo

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen yesterday
    I need to see the final evolutions since I may like or not like them. But based on these I like the fire starter the best. I don't hate the grass starter, though its face is a but fakemon but I think its kind of boring, like its just a green cat. Also we just had Litten in gen 7 and I prefer when they pick a new animal type for a starter. I don't care for the water starter at all.

Shinygir

YAY! WE'RE DOOMED!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    would currently go with the grass cat but I don't know until the final evolutions come out. I really hope that finals are a sleek grass and powerful looking fire though its description makes me think the fire final would be like slaking which would also be interesting. The water type is boring though water type ducks have been pretty overdone.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    ...not the water one. Looking at them on Bulbapedia (I've skipped Gen VI / VII) , Greninja is the last Water-type starter I like (any stage), and the other two Gen VI final evos look horrible, VII and VIII only got the Grass-type correct although I do at least like Scorbunny (but not the evos, not even nicknaming a Cinderace with Libero after a footballer will make me like it). There are a lot of cat pokémon so it'll probably be the Fire-type stuffed pepper / croc. I hope they lean into that angle and the final evo has some reference to cheese.

Years
  • These are my thoughts for the stats:

Sprigatito: I think will be the fastest, a special attacker, high special defense

Fuecoco: will be the slowest, a physical attacker, high defense

Quaxly: will be in the middle, a balanced attacker, balanced defense/special defense

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2022
    Personally, I love how fuecoco looks and I almost always pick fire starter so I will be picking the apple dragon. But is it just me or was fuecoco an unused design at some point? I swaer I had seen it before the trailer, like when I first saw the trailer I vividly remember my first though being, "hey, there's that unused pokemon design I saw somewhere". Probably crazy

Back