• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Sugimori Palettes: The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource

Years
Just a small question... What's the best way to insert these? Gen III Hacking Suite is the only one I've found so far to work with expanded Pokemon but it means manually splitting each sprite into two 256x64 images [Em]. No biggie exactly but just thought I'd ask to clarify in case there's a quicker method

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Just a small question... What's the best way to insert these? Gen III Hacking Suite is the only one I've found so far to work with expanded Pokemon but it means manually splitting each sprite into two 256x64 images [Em]. No biggie exactly but just thought I'd ask to clarify in case there's a quicker method

Use Advanced Series by Wichu: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196143

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Hey everybody got some great news for everyone, Gen IV's second frames are complete!

1YTNyj7.png

Thanks to everyone that's supported me so far and submitted second frames, especially Sky High, who has contributed a heap of these Gen IV second frames.

Next up will be the Gen IV icons, in tandem with Gen V sprites.

I won't be submitting second frames for the Arceus formes, if you want to do it, just insert the existing Arceus sprite, and use the palettes from the Fire Red sprites.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2021
Hey everybody got some great news for everyone, Gen IV's second frames are complete!

1YTNyj7.png

Thanks to everyone that's supported me so far and submitted second frames, especially Sky High, who has contributed a heap of these Gen IV second frames.

Next up will be the Gen IV icons, in tandem with Gen V sprites.

I won't be submitting second frames for the Arceus formes, if you want to do it, just insert the existing Arceus sprite, and use the palettes from the Fire Red sprites.

just look these reposes! are amazing!

i love this thread!

Years
What I do is compare the original sprite with the resized one, to polish up the linework, and to make sure everything is roughly in the same place. Kricketune one isn't perfectly resized, though it is the best out of your submitted ones, but its claws and feet for example aren't proportional to the original sprite! Hope this helps.

Thanks, that helps a lot! I'll take all that into account next time around!

Rookie error; I had already tried A-Series but I forgot to change the .ini! Again, thanks!

MrDollSteak

Years
Nice! Gen. 4 is complete! By the way, I have a feeling that Zen Darmanitan, Pirouette Meloetta and Sword Aegislash won't be having second frames too?

Probably not no! I think forms that transform in battle don't need them. Castform's alternate forms for example doesn't have any second frames in any games they appear in. Cherrim's Sun form is the one exception to that rule, but I won't be giving it one anyway.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Probably not no! I think forms that transform in battle don't need them. Castform's alternate forms for example doesn't have any second frames in any games they appear in. Cherrim's Sun form is the one exception to that rule, but I won't be giving it one anyway.

I see... Thanks for the info... I'm not expecting one anyway...

MrDollSteak

Years
Awesome job on the sprites, quick question, what does the "Emerald Animation Fix Patch" do?

It alters the animations for a few Pokemon from the first three generations to better suit the second frames. Ie. Changing Vileplume's animation from jumping around the place to shaking up and down.

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
Awesome project bro, i really love it, it are improve the hacking.
very usefull for everyone.

Since i can't find footprint for 4,5 and 6 gen formated for insert, i make it for me hack and i thing it is good for this thread too.
Footoprints all formated for insert, i test in G3HS and work perfect.

Footprints For Gen 4, 5 and 6
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Reso...QRQcnu8jEnrsAY2iA&dl=1&_subject_uid=478247779
I think it is a good addition for this project.

Note: Gen 6 are custom Footprints.

Years

Since i can't find footprint for 4,5 and 6 gen formated for insert, i make it for me hack and i thing it is good for this thread too.

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Reso...QRQcnu8jEnrsAY2iA&dl=1&_subject_uid=478247779

I'm getting a 403 error when I click on the Dropbox link.

MrDollSteak

Years

The link doesn't seem to be working.

Apart from that this isn't exaaactly the right place for that, I'd post it in the Resource Thread.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Quick question, have you ever thought of doing a black Jynx sprite? Since we're talking original colors here, it sounds like a curiosity at least.

Last edited:
Back