• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tell us about your name!

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
  • Like the member above, my name is also from the Bible. It means "grace", I believe.

I'm perfectly fine with the name. I mean I'm not a Christian, but it is a common name for my age and gender, so it's not like the Bible is what they think of when they see/hear it. lol

Years
  • My IRL name is John, which is from my late grandfather. I think it's a pretty good name all things considered. It's obviously really generic, but it's in that weird zone where it's so generic that almost nobody else in my age group seems to have it; I also never have to spell it out to people. It's a little ironic that I'm named after my grandfather though. I never met him in life; but from what I've heard, we probably wouldn't have gotten along very well due to our polar opposite political views.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Some people know this but my irl name is Ashley, which is literally "dweller of the ash tree". I do like my name a lot and cannot see myself with a different name tbh.

Think I was named like that because my parents thought it clicked the most.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I'll just quote myself :D

When asked "Who is your favorite videogame character?"...
    Eleanor from Tales of Berseria, I literally took her name for myself

Nice to battle as during the game, great voice acting, heartwarming moments during the story, interesting character development and the design to back it up. But most importantly, it shouldn't take long for you all to find out we are way too similar (except for the part where she is so good at taking care of children. I'm not, unfortunately). It blows my mind how relatable she still feels, even years after completing the game and growing from a teenager into a young adult. I've been gushing about this character for years and I'm not stopping anytime soon!

I like the name Eleanor, but both the characters and real people I know that bear it have definitely made me become more and more affectionate towards this name. You could say I'm heavily biased!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • My deadname...well, not giving that out, but my grandmother like hated the names my mom picked out for me, so. Apparently, she said, well I'm naming <dead pronouns> <deadname> whether you like it or rot, so...she protested all the names my mom picked out for my brother too so like.

I'm trans, so...

My name is Kory, and I like k names, so that's what I went with. It just hit, you know.

Years
  • Mom named me Aaron bcs her name also started with an A and she wanted smth off the Bible. i'm guessing Adam and Abraham weren't to her liking.

i'm pretty indifferent to it. i don't hate it enough to wanna change it, but it does get annoying to hear the Ay-Ay-Ron meme constantly lol.

Years
  • Just scroll to number #471 in the PokeDex =D

My real name's Vincent, which is fairly common around here, but not common enough to run into other vincents too regularly.
    I wouldn't change it, nothing wrong with it.

Idk if I was named after someone or not.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I guess I don't really have any thoughts towards my name. I chose it but it doesn't really matter to me. I wasn't really named after anyone or anything I thought it just worked.

If usernames count too, Setsuna isn't even her real name, the name is just taken from a manga character anyways and to be named after someone named after someone else? It's kinda funny, and the more I think about it the more I like having it. I like being Setsu.

Back