• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bulbasaur Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I can understand not wanting to face the elite four because can't bother with level grinding. Up until XY I was always underleveled by the time I faced the Elite Four so most of the time I would just go in and do the best I can with a lot of restarting because I am a cheater.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I find myself never liking grinding in Pokemon ever. VBA, actual game, etc. There are very few games that I'm okay with grinding with in general and only if there is something on the side to be working on as well.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I used to not be such a big fan of grinding, but after playing really difficult games like Dragon Quest IX, grinding has become complete child's play when I'm playing Pokémon.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

I'm always really OCD about keeping my Pokémon equal levels throughout the story so grinding at the end is never a problem from me - it does end up making the games in general more dull though :D

blue

gucci
    Years

I can't stand uneven levelled Pokémon, all my team generally stay about the same level. If I've got an upcoming Gym Leader fight, I'll usually grind the whole team to a specific Level.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

I also mostly try to keep my team close to each other level-wise, though I wouldn't mind my starter, a pseudo-legend, or a Pokemon that takes long to evolve at a higher level. But once I've reached the Pokemon League, I grind my Pokemon to equal levels.

Meadow

Years

Yeah, I can't help but to keep them equal as well. The problem is, I'm too obsessive about it, haha.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Equal leveled just seems appropriate if one of my pokemon is 61 and the other is 54 i send out the 54 and it dies and then i send out the 61 and it takes out the entire elite 4 haha

Years

I prefer to keep my pokemon around the same level, I try to only use around 6 pokemon in the game. I like to switch the pokemon in my party a lot. I don't use my starters more than my other pokemon.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years

Not that it's that difficult to get Pokemon to stay equal leveled thanks to the refining of the Exp. Share in newer generational games. I have mixed feelings about that to say the least.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

I used the new Exp. Share in Pokemon Y because it was new, and I was always overleveled and overpowered as a result. I decided not to use it in Alpha Sapphire, and it wasn't too easy for me, nor too hard.

Years
    18 19

Yes me 2, In AS/OR I used one pokemon only for HM. I haven't battled with it ones against other pokemon, trainers & gyms. it only stayed around two levels behind.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Oh well next is Sandshrew!
    Im pretty for sandshrew he can be a very cute pokemon!

Meadow

Years

Yup, I love how cute it looks in R/S/E!

The Bulbasaur Race

Aww, it's waving! x3

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today

SANDSHREW AH CHOOSE YOU!

I really wish A.J. could come back. :( He was the best Sandshrew trainer. But he was all the way back in Kanto.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back