• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Count To Infinity - v12

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
    242 423
    I finally started my new job on Saturday. It's at a local tourist attraction, and although I was a bit nervous at first; it's actually been incredibly easy so far. I definitely think I made the right choice in switching over from fast food.
    Awesome! my plan for my first job is just something where I don't have to work late, I hate staying up all night! I also hope to eventually get enough money to get a car and move to Australia, I'll worry about college when I move there, lol.

Years
    242 427

I don't envy people who work at fastfood chains. It's a very exploitative workplace from what I've heart.
    Yeah, it's not the greatest. The management treated us OK; but there's only so much they could do when the work just fundamentally sucked. It was a very popular chain, so people were always lined up, and it was just really exhausting always having to be firing on all cylinders for 6+ hours straight, especially right after school. During that time, my schedule was often; wake up at 6AM, start school at 7:50; get out of school at 3:20, get home at 3:35, then have about 45 minutes to rest before going to work at 4:15 and working until I got off at 10. Rinse and repeat for 3/4 days out of the week plus usually the weekend. Now I only have to work on the weekends, and since it closes at 4:30; no night shifts! I might not be making nearly as much as I was, but it's worth it to actually be able to have a life again.

But I guess you're at least not dependant on tips?
    Meh, I would've rather had the tips; I've heard of people making $150+ on a busy night working for tips in proper resturants; meanwhile that was often my entire pay for the week.

Years
    242 431

Since I'm a European reading that time: it's clearly 8 in the morning! After all, the person reading it determines what time is used if the 24hour clock isn't used :fufu:
    What a lazy vaporeon, sleeping all day!
    :wink:

I never had any jobs during high school, but did start working during college... or an attempt at college anyway lol 😅

Years
    242 437

I can't wait until I finish High School and get out of the boring town I'm in. University sounds so exciting and interesting compared to spending sitting in a chair for 6+ hours a day. You can actually study what interests you, and you have more freedom because you're no longer a minor and universities treat you like actual adults instead of having to chaperone you around for every little thing.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    242 438

Going into academia may well be the best option when it comes to doing what you like. The only other options are probably starting your own business or just being rich.

Back