• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the daily chit-chat (jan2019 - jun2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Apparently my first manager when I started working at Dunkin thought I was too "mousey" and was trying to get rid of me. Good thing for the transfer to the other store bc Big Tara liked me haha.

Years
    someone remind me why my body somehow decided to wake up at the godawful hour of 4:30 am

well now it's 5 am but still a lot earlier than id prefer which is waking up at ~7 AM or so. x.x

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
    So, I was just sitting in a lawn chair on my front porch, eating some potato chips, and I looked over and a psyducking raccoon was right there. Right there! I know it might not sound like a big deal, but I'm a sheltered suburban girl who is basically afraid of all forms of wildlife, and, I repeat, I had an open bag of chips.
    We had a brief staredown, it started walking across the porch (seeming to pay me no mind), and then a car drove by and scared it off. It was complicated, though, because the bag of chips was on the ground beside me, leaning against the lawn chair - what do you do in that situation? Are you supposed to grab the bag and put it in your lap so the critter can't root through/steal it, or is it better to go for a take whatever you want, just don't hurt me type of arrangement? I just semi-froze and slowly, frightfully moved the bag, undoubtedly creating more rustling than was wise.

(...On the plus side, perhaps the universe was sending me a good omen for Avengers Endgame? :laugh-squinted:)

Years
    As far as North American wildlife to be wary of goes I've came into close proximity with a skunk before. Never actually saw it though. The smell however. It was dark at night and me and my friend were chilling at a pavilion and this strange smell (that at first smelt like weed - lightbulb moment of where the slang term 'skunk' comes from) got stronger and stronger and more disgusting. Thankfully we clicked and got out of there fast.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Its weird here, we're a suburb and a city and yet I've heard of and seen coyote in recent years.

I didn't know we had them, but apparently they wander around and can eat house pets that are outside, so now it's being advised for ppl to keep pets in doors unless supervised. Whereas it used to be common for small dogs and cats to wander a bit.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    not gonna lie codehelmet it still weirds me out seeing you with an avatar lmao

Would that be because I went nearly two years without one? You can thank [user]Fairy[/user] for prodding me to add one. Now if she would only revisit her AMA after all these months... sigh...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back