• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the daily chit-chat (jan2019 - jun2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    yes and as the store manager i gotta do what helps my store which means putting myself on six days (two five hours days to keep with 50 hours) because we're short staffed this week. so yeah and tbh no one forced me to do it i chose to do it

Last edited:
    Years
    at least you guys can go in at times and help out when needed for extra hours where it is needed. where i work hours are usually capped and when we're at the point of the semester where work study students have run out of their funding, plus the coworkers on college payroll still in school taking time off for studying for their finals at the local uni, staffing can get really, really tight

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    because we're salary so if we work more than 50 hours we still get paid the same. :')

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    50 hours.... damnnnn.

Granted my store director does that himself.

I've never gone that hard before, but I have some shifts where I don't get breaks because we're short staffed too. x_x

Good luck with your week!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My assistant has an emergency so my half-day turned into a full day tomorrow. hopefully i can made thursday a half day or just ... go home early friday or saturday. regardless this is going to be a tiresome week lol

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Good luck with all that work, Ash. =(

Work as usual for me... well, as usual as it gets when working for a month in a facility halfway across the world from where you're employed to work. :V flights paid for is nice Got to give a colloquium tomorrow for up to an hour so I'll be preparing that during research and other things (like marking, bluh).

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    I have a whopper of a cold. Add on the fact I'm incredibly stubborn and don't take medicine(like I could be dying and I still wouldn't go to the Doctor type of deal) and it's been one heck of a ride the past three days. Like during the worst part of it, I literally had no idea what planet I was on lol. I blame Game of Thrones because I thought I was in Winterfell for a moment...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Add on the fact I'm incredibly stubborn and don't take medicine(like I could be dying and I still wouldn't go to the Doctor type of deal)
    Why not take the medicine? At least something to alleviate the cold, like herbal teas or something with zinc and/or vitamin c in it

Years
    I have a whopper of a cold. Add on the fact I'm incredibly stubborn and don't take medicine(like I could be dying and I still wouldn't go to the Doctor type of deal) and it's been one heck of a ride the past three days. Like during the worst part of it, I literally had no idea what planet I was on lol. I blame Game of Thrones because I thought I was in Winterfell for a moment...

I'm inclined to agree with Nah - you should def take some medicine. You don't even have to go to the doctor, could just get some general medz from a pharmacy!

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    I don't drink Tea and I'm a very picky, stubborn and odd person. Common sense would be to take things to alleviate but I'm just too stubborn for my own good lol. I will say that I coughed up one heck of a phlegm that would easily rank in my HoF and after doing so felt immeasurably better. Still have little appetite so I'm not out of the woods but I'm improving by the hour.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Avoid drinking stuff that dries your throat. Coffee and the like.
    Honey or tea or other hot, sweet drinks usually help.

Years
    I'm inclined to agree with Nah - you should def take some medicine. You don't even have to go to the doctor, could just get some general medz from a pharmacy!

I rise from my slumber

Avoid drinking stuff that dries your throat. Coffee and the like.
    Honey or tea or other hot, sweet drinks usually help.

is it just a thing for you to appear once every like four months or what >:(

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    i remember when it was a shocker when i appeared now it's like 'OH HEY IT'S GABRI'

hi gabri!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back