• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the daily chit-chat (jan2019 - jun2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • now that i think about it i'm bisexual and i should have tried to become bilingual so i could accumulate bi identities

Years
  • Finally made the decision to not go to this beach party next week. It was going to be unnecessary expense of getting transport tickets, accommodation etc. when I've already put myself on a budget. I just told one person I'm not going and she's cool with it but now she's saying "no pressure but did you consider this option". Other people are going to say stuff along the lines of the same kind of thing in a more pressuring way. While I'm not worried about being peer pressured into something some of these people will definitely take it the wrong way if I have to say this party is an inconvenience to me right now and I shouldn't have to explain myself for not going. I wouldn't care but I have to work with these people for the next 7 weeks and there are a couple of people that I can tell that their mentality never really left high school (a common trait of expats in my line of work tbh).

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I wish people would realize that if someone doesn't want to do something they shouldn't have to explain themselves. Don't want to go to a party okay I'm not going but I'm not going to tell you why because its no ones business but my own.

Don't feel like you have to because of everyone else.

Years
  • I wish people would realize that if someone doesn't want to do something they shouldn't have to explain themselves. Don't want to go to a party okay I'm not going but I'm not going to tell you why because its no ones business but my own.

Don't feel like you have to because of everyone else.

Thanks. Actually I would genuinely want to go if it wasn't for my budgeting situation as there are people going I would want to see which is the reason I've been trying to make the effort to see if it's possible...and it is but just at an inconvenience for me that makes it not worth it. Again I'm not bothered about the other people if they are going to act a bit 'high school', just having a little rant that some people never really grow out of that mindset and I'm stuck with it for a few more weeks haha.

Years
  • lol going to parties in general

like I can imagine myself somewhat at one but it'd just be really uncomfortable if I don't know anyone there.

Years
  • parties are ok if they have a spot i can go to and be by myself after an hour or so

i'm not an introvert i just get bored easily ._.

Years
  • I remember having family gathering parties and I was always the person that would awkwardly be by themselves while the rest of my family would just drink or whatever. I dunno, I'm just not huge on them, especially if there's just... nothing for me to do lol

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i'm not here abt parties either tbh. i'd rather sit in my room in pure darkness and watch judge judy

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    same with the parties. i don't even remember the last time i went to a party that wasn't a family gathering (which don't count)

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • Well.. about my friends PC.. it ended up being the motherboard so now she's waiting to get it back tomorrow lmao
    Cost her over $500 for fixing it now.

Years
  • gotta say having two days off of doing absolutely nothing feels good

and then I also have the weekend off so I only have to work thurs/fri

not bad

Years
  • that sounds nice and relaxing, Angie :) I had to take off early on Friday and yesterday due to super intense, sudden headaches. I think I'm good today, though? :thonk:

Years
  • I mean my paycheck won't be happy so this is the last week I'll be able to get away with it lmao

but it's good for my mental sanity so that's all that really matters. the kind of calls that I get... @_@

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I mean my paycheck won't be happy so this is the last week I'll be able to get away with it lmao

but it's good for my mental sanity so that's all that really matters. the kind of calls that I get... @_@

That sounds nice, it's good that you can do it occasionally! I also understand the paycheck end of things.

I've recently been getting two days off in a row for the last few weeks, and that's why I'm even having the time to be on here. Cause I don't have to shove everything into one day off. So niceee.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • you working folk and ur off days i've had nothing but off days for two months ahahahaha someone hire me i'm running out of money :')

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back