• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Daily Chit Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I think most people have that. There are a lot of good songs by them, but I only listen to For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite regularly.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I don't sit down and listen to them in my free time, but when their songs come on at work, or a radio I'm fine with it. They're pretty catchy.

I think if I would've grown up in their era, I would've really liked them.

Years
    The only Beatles song I'd find myself listening to by will is Let it Be, to be honest. If their other songs come on the radio, I'll listen to them. Other than that, I don't go out of my way much to listen to songs on sites like Grooveshark or YouTube much.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    You should just go on a Beatles binge for a day. Just listen to a lot of their songs. It just shows how much diversity they have outside their radio played material.
    That said, I can't even remember the last time I heard a Beatles song on the radio.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    honestly I'm far more inclined to reach for the Stones or the Who or the Kinks or something than I am the Beatles. not sure why, maybe I've just been totally inundated with shit having to do with them from a young age that I'm subconsciously a bit tired of it. but man "Strawberry Fields Forever" and "A Day in the Life" etc, sometimes those can't be beat.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2020
    Yea, Red Robin's is gross. I don't exactly have the same view about it as you guys, because I had to be the one wiping the restaurants ass, I was a dishwasher there. Worse.job.ever!!! But that was a temporary thing, sucked it up for a couple weeks, and now I managed to finance for my security license, so no more dish pits for me!!

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I enjoy every genre under the sun. I just only like a few songs from a handful of artists, really. I like the hits.

Like "I enjoy every genre" as in what some people say when they listen to some dj's and some rockbands, or "I enjoy every genre" as in I like my grindcore hard and my opera vibrated?

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2020
    Oops, totally thought I was answering to something else lol

Roots, rock reggae is where it's at kids!!

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
    I usually listen to the Beatles when I'm relaxing, or want some background music when I have guests over. My favorite may be Strawberry Fields, and the "Golden Slumbers - Carry That Weight - The End" Medley. It is a shame that many young people these days oftentimes neglect quality music, just because it's older than they are.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Well, you'd have to make a conscious decision to get into the music of the beatles, whiles radio music gets showed to you automatically. And there is just sooo much music, and the amount of good music just grows so fast.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2020
    the beatles are boring as muk
    give me the stones

Talking about the stones, Peter Tosh the man in my avatar worked with them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_I1-KvamTA
    They had a property in Jamaica, big place, Peter took it for himself and kick them out of their own place ahahaha. The logic behind it, you're a musician, I'm a musician, you're caking it hard, I'm shaking it rough, you bought a giant in my country where you spend maybe a couple of weeks in, shits mine now! Kick rocks!!

Peter is the man! {XD}

Last edited:
    Years
    They're meh to me. I used to be one of the "Beetles are the best ever" people back in third grade. I like less lyrics and more of a modern feel, if that makes sense, but none of that complete generic mass produced piles of poop on the radio.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    The Beatles aren't that good IMO. The only song I really like from them is revolution. You've got to hide your love away and let it be are good too.
    I understand why they're a big deal but they just don't do anything for me

They're pretty okay.

I like Phil Collins and Huey Lewis and the News, tbh. Different time, though.

PHIL COLLINS YAAAAS

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back